Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Deplorables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Cathy Wilcox 

Looks like YOUNG LABOR - VICTORIA BRANCH training to me ... just ask Creepy Uncle Daniel kids!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

This is just way over the top.

This incident has made international headlines.

Where was the international condemnation of Atherton? Duplessis has twice been caught yet has never missed a game and still captains his country. Where was the outcry for his lifetime ban?

People need to settle down, and get some perspective.

Ball tampering has been around for ages, the Aussies didn't invent it this week.

Smith, Warner, Bancroft and co should face no stiffer penalty than those who have been caught before them.

Gee, Amir from Pakistan is still opening the bowling for his country despite being guilty of match fixing.

I don't condone Smith's actions, but a little perspective and consistency is needed here.

Anyway, I have said enough. This whole thing stinks, I would rather watch the Matilda's anyway.

I am thankful it is Footy season.

Spot fixing is not match fixing and Amir went to jail. The captain who ordered him to do so spent 2 and a half years in the clink and never played for his country in any form of the game again.

Yes. Spot fixing..... gaining huge sums of money for bowling no balls at a set time. Nit fixing....my bad. Salman Butt currently playing in Bangladesh and eyeing a return to the national team.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:53am
what was Warner known to be like prior to the death of Phil Hughes?

how do we know he hasnt been in a dark place since Hughes died?

Its Smith that should be banned for life. Captains Call. Its him that orchestrated the final call to cheat.

Im not convinced there arent deeper demons at play with Warner, re Hughes dying.
the bloke might be seriously in trouble.
Just saying, the suicide epidemic in young males in australia, is out of control.
people have to consider his psychological state.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:21am
Dave was a proven sweetheart long before that happened.

He should be finished so far as Australian cricket duties are concerned, but don't shed too many tears ... that just means more money from year round T20 cricket  ... he will never work a day in his life ... not bad for a Houso with no other skills, apart from switch hitting and sledging!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:58am
Smith, Bancroft and Warner all on their way home, apparently it's Warner who is in the naughty corner and talk of him never playing for Australia again is very strong. Still no sign of the dirty rotten coach, protecting himself no doubt what a grub.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 7:03am
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:07am
I like it when the ball starts reverse-swinging- and let's face it- none of the Aussie nuffies can get the ball to swing the normal way. Not even a good swinger like Anderson can get the ball to swing in Australia regularly on our dead pitches and kookaburra balls. I say every team in Test cricket in Australia should be given a sheet of sandpaper- it will make the game much more interesting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:10am
Now that the dust has kind of settled I am starting to feel sorry for the 3 players families, what on earth must they be feeling, the wives, their kids, the parents of the 3 players, extended family and friends...man that must be brutal.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I like it when the ball starts reverse-swinging- and let's face it- none of the Aussie nuffies can get the ball to swing the normal way. Not even a good swinger like Anderson can get the ball to swing in Australia regularly on our dead pitches and kookaburra balls. I say every team in Test cricket in Australia should be given a sheet of sandpaper- it will make the game much more interesting.

The horrible flat boring pitches they prepare here for the aussie bastmen needs to change,  putting down pitches that offer the bowlers something other than a backache would be start.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Now that the dust has kind of settled I am starting to feel sorry for the 3 players families, what on earth must they be feeling, the wives, their kids, the parents of the 3 players, extended family and friends...man that must be brutal.

If Warner wasn't a cricketer on millions he'd be a truckie or traffic controller- would Candice have married him? Smith would be a council clerk- he wouldn't have a girlfriend.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

what was Warner known to be like prior to the death of Phil Hughes?

how do we know he hasnt been in a dark place since Hughes died?

Its Smith that should be banned for life. Captains Call. Its him that orchestrated the final call to cheat.

Im not convinced there arent deeper demons at play with Warner, re Hughes dying.
the bloke might be seriously in trouble.
Just saying, the suicide epidemic in young males in australia, is out of control.
people have to consider his psychological state.

In early 2015 "Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe has called for a yellow-card and red-card system to be introduced to international cricket to curb Warner's "thuggish" on-field behaviour, stating that Warner was "the most juvenile cricketer I have seen on a cricket field".

That was around the time of Hughes death so I imagine Crowe was basing it on his behaviour before that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:09am
Looks like Ugly Dave Warner is going to be the scapegoat. He led Choirboy Smith astray.Tongue
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:12am
Some of the "babes" will be cutting the strings now I reckon.  I feel sorry for the ones with kids. Imagine what they would be copping if they are in school.
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

If Warner wasn't a cricketer on millions he'd be a truckie or traffic controller- would Candice have married him? Smith would be a council clerk- he wouldn't have a girlfriend.
Some of your best work there Tlaz...LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:47am

Former skipper Steve Waugh says current team has 'failed our culture'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-28/steve-waugh-calls-for-committment-to-spirit-of-cricket-document/9595490

Australian cricket culture- exemplified by Steve Waugh- loved and admired throughout the cricket world. And that's culture as in yoghurt not as in civilisation.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:13am
Is that the same Steve Waugh who brought us ''mental disintegration', a refinement and escalation of the art of sledging? Or another Steve Waugh?
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:20am

just what a caller to radio talk back asked, "who brought him up?"

that would hurtLOL
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Is that the same Steve Waugh who brought us ''mental disintegration', a refinement and escalation of the art of sledging? Or another Steve Waugh?

The one and the same. He helped establish the culcha you see right now. Funny thing is, his team was the best in the world at the time, and of course there was really no need for it.

But it got passed on to successive Australian teams and became more toxic as the teams got weaker. And then you throw someone like Warner into the mix, and here we are. But don’t worry, Dizzy will save us.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:58am
they are a product of today, whether in cricket, horse racing, football.
as a society we are pushed to succeed, monetarily, career, our private lives, our social lives
just listen to the media, watch tv, is every where

these cricketers dont even truly acknowledge they have done anything wrong.
compare this with the essendon football saga.
the banking enquiry
the child abuse, and the church

is it that we are outraged because we thought cricket a gentlemens game?

ps am no way making excuses for these blokes. clear the deck and start again.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm
Slightly off topic - however how enjoyable is cricket as a game to play ? I could never get interested in it growing up - too busy getting flogged playing League/Union - or competing at interclub Athletics every Sat. I mean it must get hellishly boring fielding for hours on end - or waiting all day for a 5 min bat. Maybe they need to sledge due to boredom - keeps them awake possibly. Need something to keep the juices flowing surely.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Slightly off topic - however how enjoyable is cricket as a game to play ? I could never get interested in it growing up - too busy getting flogged playing League/Union - or competing at interclub Athletics every Sat. I mean it must get hellishly boring fielding for hours on end - or waiting all day for a 5 min bat. Maybe they need to sledge due to boredom - keeps them awake possibly. Need something to keep the juices flowing surely.
Would also add its got to be the most unfair game in the world. Dropped catch & you can go from dud to hero - records should have the number of dropped catches, missed run outs & shonky LBW's in brackets next to batsman totals.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:58pm

I played it and wasn't much good. Like anything if you're good it probably makes it a lot more fun. I do remember those Saturday afternoons standing in the hot sun bored stiff and thinking of my weekend being wasted away. It's also a very individual sport, I played hockey for a while and there is less focus on one person and you have to work closely together, cricket you're on your own and I don't think there's the same team spirit/support.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:06pm
Well they reckon golf is the waste of a good walk lol, but anything to get you of your fat arse and be active is better than a couch potatoe!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:02pm

The great Glenn Maxwell always says, if you will not enjoy fielding you might as well not play cricket.

reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Well they reckon golf is the waste of a good walk lol, but anything to get you of your fat arse and be active is better than a couch potatoe!

You wouldn't play golf with any of the Australian cricket team - you would be too busy keeping an eye on their cheating to enjoy it! Dead
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

You wouldn't play golf with any of the Australian cricket team - you would be too busy keeping an eye on their cheating to enjoy it! Dead

Like keeping an eye on my balls ya mean.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:15pm
I get the feeling we will never Warner again, seems like they are trying to wash some of the dirt off Smith and Bancroft well he is toast before he even starts. But I get the feeling we will se Smith back in action at some point trying to make a comeback through Shield cricket. They all can kiss those huge pay checks goodbye that's for sure. Hope they put some away for a rainy day cause it's going to be raining for a long time for these 3 clowns.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
Sponsors are starting to leave Warner. 
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:26pm
My experience on the field was mixed. Fielding was  lot of fun when you were all working together as a unit and any banter remained in good humour. The days passed swiftly and the enjoyment factor was high.
On the other hand when you played within a team of individuals who only cared for themselves a day in the field could drag on like a trip to hell and back. When the banter gets nasty and the integrity of individuals in a team is questionable you might as well be playing "watch the paint dry" with Satan and his acolytes in bare feet on a field of hot coals. Batting was worse with time spent huddled together listening to non stop beotching and moaning. It should be fun times in the Aussie dressing room for the next test. Dead

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:39pm
Reading between the lines of the comments, by those who would know.
Warner was the instigator who drew Bancroft in.
Foolishly Smith thought a quick apology and a "move on" would suffice whilst he defended his team mates.
He certainly under estimated the response, especially as a bucket load of captains have got away with similar. You only need to see what Atherton did to realise that's a fact.
Warner has been a long brewing disease in this team as Crash Craddock pointed out on the Back Page  Fox show last night
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>