Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Deplorables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 2:14pm
One match. Angry
reductio ad absurdum
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 5:11pm
bahahahahahah what a bunch of losers, karma at it's finest, always knew there was something dodgy with this team, change Smiths nickname from smudge to grub..Dead

under arm bowling, Shane Warnes diuretic use and his 'weather maps' and now this..lol

bad sports and cheaters.. sack the lot of em.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 5:15pm
f**king hell.
reductio ad absurdum
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

One match. Angry
thats the usual for this offence - hopefully cricket australia have more to say
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Impressive press conference by Smith. His ability to admit fault, appear contrite, throw his mates under the bus and still claim to be the best option as captain must have the LNP scrambling to get him signed up if this cricket thing doesn't work out after today.

Get it right CNNPT!

What he has done is unAustralian and cowardly ... smacks of the arrogant, elitism that emanates from The ALP/Greens Collusion! ... Victoria's Government, under "Captain" Andrews, blatantly steals money from the tax payers, gets caught, and thinks he and his team can just carry on representing their state, even though they cant put a win on the board ... what the fcuk? ... the culture of entitlement of course! Dead

The Penalty for the Aussie Cricketers?

In other sports, it's normally drugs used to gain an advantage, and a 2 year ban.

The whole team, coach and all involved in the team should cop 2 years - "Bangers just happened to be nearby" - bullgelati.

1 year for being so bad at cheating that you lose the test match anyway, and 1 year for being so dumb that you got caught!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:39pm
The clear and deliberate irony in PT's post clearly eludes you Doc.  Wink
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

bahahahahahah what a bunch of losers, karma at it's finest, always knew there was something dodgy with this team, change Smiths nickname from smudge to grub..Dead

under arm bowling, Shane Warnes diuretic use and his 'weather maps' and now this..lol

bad sports and cheaters.. sack the lot of em.

If there was anything that was going to bring Fiddler back...LOL

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The clear and deliberate irony in PT's post clearly eludes you Doc.  Wink

Not at all SC, I know exactly what he's saying, but it just fits so much better when you use the Victorian ALP/Greens Collusion for the analogy, and CNNPT knows it!Wink 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:40pm
Turnbull's weighed in, calling for sackings.

"It's their responsibility to deal with it but I have to say that the whole nation, who holds those who wear the baggy green up on a pedestal - about as high as you can get in Australia, certainly higher than any politician, that's for sure - this is a shocking disappointment. It's wrong and I look forward to Cricket Australia taking decisive action soon.

This "Baggy Green" thing is, imo, part of the problem. Theses blokes have far too high an opinion of themselves, and what they actually do. Terrible commentator Ian Chappell and a very hard-nosed competitor, but I've found some of his comments on the Australian cricket team (in an interview I heard he called his sacred cap "a $5 piece of cloth", much to the astonishment of his interviewer) to be spot on. Doubt he or Marsh or Lillee ever wanted to be up on a pedestal.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:46pm
Even a total assh0le like Ian Chappell gets it right.

Might even start watching the Ch 9 coverage again.  But then again...Dead
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Even a total assh0le like Ian Chappell gets it right.

Might even start watching the Ch 9 coverage again.  But then again...Dead

Where does his reputation come from ?

He is 100% pro refugees and Human rights in general. I suspect whilst the 70s Australian side had a tough reputation the combatants of that era seem to get along real well.

reductio ad absurdum
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:26pm
                      BREAKING NEWS

compliments of FOXSPORTS 500

James Sutherland has announced SS and DW have agreed to stand down as Capt and V Capt for the rest of this TEST SERIES

Tim Payne now acting Captain.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:34pm

TIM PAINE TO STEP IN AS ACTING CAPTAIN FOR THE REMAINDER ...

https://au.eurosport.com/cricket/tim-paine-to...acting-captain.../story.shtml
9 mins ago - TIM PAINE TO STEP IN AS ACTING CAPTAIN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE ONGOING TEST AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA - CRICKET AUSTRALIA.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

compliments of FOXSPORTS 500

James Sutherland has announced SS and DW have agreed to stand down as Capt and V Capt for the rest of this TEST SERIES

Tim Payne now acting Captain.

Reserve for Tasmania to australian captain in one summer- he'll be pm by xmas at this rate.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:14pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 12:36am
The ICC has suspended Steve Smith for one Test match.
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:05am
I think there is more in all the rubbish than ego's .
When we see Matches with 50 Million plus $ turnover and betting on such things as how many off the next ball ,   Temptation MUST be there for every advantage possible..     The almighty Dollar may be the big inducement.

The Senior players involved should be outed for 6 months
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:06am
I think someone tampered with England's bats in NZ..come on fiddles.....

Bad look, feel for Bancroft a little, Smith and Warner...sack them, they can't comeback from this, forever known as cheats.

For something so shocking the punishment is so weak!

So what happens if Aussie's pull out a miracle win here? That would be a juicy story..
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:50am
0-57 all out for 107.

Now for the seious gelati
reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:51am
I have been a supporter and defender of both Smith and Warner in the past but I'm totally disgusted that not only have they thought this was acceptable and used a young bloke to carry out their dirty deed but imagined they would get away with it.   As far as I'm concerned I don't care if I never see them on the pitch again.    As for Boof...no-one will ever make me believe he had no knowledge of the action.     I'd rather lose ten test series than win by cheating. This will take an age to restore any possible integrity Australian cricket might have. They have ruined not only their own reputation but the future of those youngsters dreaming of playing in the baggy green.    And to compare it with previous ball tampering incidents is ridiculous. They are all cheats and comparisons don't justify wrongs.
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:57am
And of course the sponsors label has also been brought nto association.    I am gobsmacked that Smith was so dumb as to think anyone would want us to win by cheating. Cricket is not just a sport, it's a moral code.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:22am
Life bans for Smith and Warner

They have disgraced the baggy green and shamed the nation

And to the people cheering on South Africa, captain Du Plessis is a cheating scumbag also
EAD
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Life bans for Smith and Warner

They have disgraced the baggy green and shamed the nation

And to the people cheering on South Africa, captain Du Plessis is a cheating scumbag also
     Yes, SA can't sit on the moral high horse. They have perpetrated some garbage in the past.   But in a country like Australia where the Aussie cricket captain is revered above the PM this is as low as you can get. As someone stated this morning, in the Olympics they would be outed for life for cheating. About time sport in general pulled up its socks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:36am
If the standard penalty for ball tampering is one match suspension it can't be considered very serious- legalise it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:12am
From the way everyone is getting their panties twisted you would think that ball-tampering was a dreadful crime- treasonous- oh, dear, I'm shocked to the core. But in reality, it is going on all the time, Australians included, and the game regards it as a minor offence.

"Since the 1970s, ball-tampering has been cricket's version of what Queensland police used to call "The Joke": an open secret, a form of corruption so endemic that few of the players regard it as morally illegal. The sin is being caught."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/this-is-cricket-s-metoo-moment-a-rare-opportunity-for-complete-purge-20180325-p4z66c.html

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:10am
Worst case of ball tampering since Bruce Jenner.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:13am
Smith will be banned for life.

I wouldnt ban Warner.
Not even for a match

I think he has been in a dark place since his mate Phil Hughes died

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Smith will be banned for life.LOL

I wouldnt ban Warner.
Not even for a match

I think he has been in a dark place since his mate Phil Hughes died

hahaha- good one.LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Worst case of ball tampering since Bruce Jenner.
lol....good one centurion   
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>