Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Deplorables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:21am
Bloke walking on the beach comes across a cricket ball in the sand. Stoops down & puts it in his pocket. Another 100m along he finds another crickey ball. Stoops down & puts it in his pocket. Another 100m along he found a dead cricket !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Michael Vaughan seems to sum up the sentiment here:

Steve Smith I think is a good guy who made a huge mistake ... He needed punishing but I think this is too harsh ... Bancroft who I don’t know was led astray but deserved punishing but again too harshly IMO ... The other guy I really don’t care about ...

They all made the same mistake. Dave Warner (From The Suburbs) is not the Fuhrer issuing orders.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:40am
Warner is the only one, so far, that hasn't lied, dissembled and prevaricated about the incident, like Smith and Bancroft have, so he's leading my credibility stakes.LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:41am

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Michael Vaughan seems to sum up the sentiment here:

Steve Smith I think is a good guy who made a huge mistake ... He needed punishing but I think this is too harsh ... Bancroft who I don’t know was led astray but deserved punishing but again too harshly IMO ... The other guy I really don’t care about ...

They all made the same mistake. Dave Warner (From The Suburbs) is not the Fuhrer issuing orders.

As I’ve said before, the reaction to this incident hasn’t been about this incident alone. You can argue that’s wrong, but that’s just the way it is.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:48am
I agree with you judge.
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:49am
Well I would like to invite comment on this. Warner won the prestigious Allan Border Medal twice - 2016/2017.....beating Steve Smith twice in the process. He was first introduced into the Australian Team in Jan 2009....yes....over 9 years ago. He was both rewarded with both Captaincy (ODI) & Vice Captaincy (Test & ODI). The Medal vote is based on a 3/2/1 system from his PEERS, the MEDIA & the UMPIRES. He beat a fairly good field both years. Yet here we have The Judges of this world calling him a bogan & an "utter reptile". Doesn't say much for that medal does it....or the Australian Captaincy for that matter ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:52am
...or indeed the culture of the Australian cricket team. Which every man and his dog is now saying needs changing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:55am
Yes oneone, the culture runs deep and broad. Maybe about time after 17 years, Sutherland goes as well. Mickey Arthur's comments re the frustration of being stopped from changing the culture and sanctioning players like Warner coming from the top needs closer examination.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:00am
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:03am

...or indeed the culture of the Australian cricket team. Which every man and his dog is now saying needs changing
Are they ? Where they saying that 12 months ago ? You may be right Judge - I haven't followed cricket for years. As a Johnny come lately on Warner it seems to me he is being left out to dry a touch. He is 31 years old, been playing for his country for 9 years & all of a sudden a "bogan & utter reptile". The other 2 will end up wearing bloody halos in time. What's wrong with a bogan playing sport Judge. I'd suggest you are looking down your nose at your self-described "bogans" every day of your life.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Yes oneone, the culture runs deep and broad. Maybe about time after 17 years, Sutherland goes as well. Mickey Arthur's comments re the frustration of being stopped from changing the culture and sanctioning players like Warner coming from the top needs closer examination.
Well maybe PT. I suppose a good starting point would be to stop letting kids from all the bogan areas playing cricket - then the problems gone I suppose. I mean if your born & bred in Campbelltown or Blacktown your a good chance of being a Warner clone I would have thought. Its a battle getting through a school day without getting into at least one blue....deary me !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:09am
Dave Warner is a prick- he's a disgrace to Australian cricket and humanity- which is why we gave him our highest honours and made him vice captain and were going to make him captain of the T20 national team.

James 'I know nothing: nothing' Sutherland
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:12am

Warner is the only one, so far, that hasn't lied, dissembled and prevaricated about the incident, like Smith and Bancroft have, so he's leading my credibility stakes.LOL
   They showed Warner arriving back with Candice and the kids. Candice lovingly put her spare arm around his neck as they walked away. He said his priority was getting the kids to bed after a long flight. Next article on the news was about a paedophile ring uncovered in Perth where the parents of four very young children actually participated in sexually molesting them. I felt like vomiting as I watched that.   Put things into perspective for me.
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:15am

Dave Warner is a prick- he's a disgrace to Australian cricket and humanity- which is why we gave him our highest honours and made him vice captain and were going to make him captain of the T20 national team.

James 'I know nothing: nothing' Sutherland
Exactly. He's already been captain of the ODI game I think. More might come out during his 11am press conference. Unfortunately, his "boganess" will be to his disadvantage - & the school of hard knocks growing up will probably stop his emotions to allow any crocodile tears.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:17am
Getting very touchy oneone

Lots of people have been called lots worse than that here in Joffs, but “bogan” seems to really have rattled your cage. Plenty of good working class lads out there not resorting to little Davey’s antics. They’ll get much more respect from me regardless of how well they hit a cricket ball.

But in deference to your delicate sensibilities, I’ll refrain from using the b word anymore. Is d1ckhead a suitable replacement?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:22am

Lots of people have been called lots worse than that here in Joffs, but “bogan” seems to really have rattled your cage. Plenty of good working class lads out there not resorting to little Davey’s antics. They’ll get much more respect from me regardless of how well they hit a cricket ball.

But in deference to your delicate sensibilities, I’ll refrain from using the b word anymore. Is d1ckhead a suitable replacement?
Actually Judge I suggest you try your old mates Subastrals terminology (too peas in a pod). He was always so much better than you for putting the less unfortunate down. "Suburban Aussie Rednecks" was one of his more descriptive ones - give that a go !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:24am
"fortunate" Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:25am
I always thought Trevor Chappell was a gutless wonder too. If somebody asks you to do something that you know is wrong, don't do it. If you do it anyway then you own it, just as much as the person who asked you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Actually Judge I suggest you try your old mates Subastrals terminology (too peas in a pod). He was always so much better than you for putting the less unfortunate down. "Suburban Aussie Rednecks" was one of his more descriptive ones - give that a go !

Or what about “houso” as your idol the Doc put it? Strangely without comment from you
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:26am
& he never did tell us how he enjoyed Iran. Funny that !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:27am
It seems like Warner has just been dumped on endlessly. He has had to put up with a lot of garbage directed at his wife. It must anger him to the point of revenge. So he orchestrates a very stupid piece of cheating, which a few of the team go along with. I hate cheating as much as the next person but some rationality must come into this. Drug cheats get less punishment.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:30am

Or what about “houso” as your idol the Doc put it? Strangely without comment from you
I rarely comment on the good Dr's posts - I'm not worthy. Yours on the other hand.....
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

It seems like Warner has just been dumped on endlessly. He has had to put up with a lot of garbage directed at his wife. It must anger him to the point of revenge. So he orchestrates a very stupid piece of cheating, which a few of the team go along with. I hate cheating as much as the next person but some rationality must come into this. Drug cheats get less punishment.
Yes...I hope he opens up & pours his heart out at the interview. Doubt it though
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:34am

I always thought Trevor Chappell was a gutless wonder too. If somebody asks you to do something that you know is wrong, don't do it. If you do it anyway then you own it, just as much as the person who asked you.
    Greg Chappell was a prick. Loved being on the hill when they baited him by calling "bum bowler" every time he took the ball in hand. He hated Sydney.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:36am

I rarely comment on the good Dr's posts - I'm not worthy. Yours on the other hand.....

Gee that couldn't be more obviousLOL

Who knows, maybe one of these years you'll lay a glove...
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:41am
Well can I say it was utterly refreshing to watch a new Australian side play in SA last night, all the new players got involved and it felt like I was watching a totally new 'washed' Australian team with renewed energy. The plus side for the aussies that bringing in new players doesn't give the opposition much chance to understand or work out their weaknesses. Don't be surprised if this new line up performs quite well. 

oh and cheersmick.. legend retires from surfing this week.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:56am
Frontpage of major news websites is about the new captain's "grand gesture" and "poignant sportsmanship" because he shook hands with the other team before the latest test.. the media worm has turned so much that I am guessing every loss from hereonin will be "brave aussies go down fighting after having team decimated by bitter administrators" LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 12:03pm

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Well maybe PT. I suppose a good starting point would be to stop letting kids from all the bogan areas playing cricket - then the problems gone I suppose. I mean if your born & bred in Campbelltown or Blacktown your a good chance of being a Warner clone I would have thought. Its a battle getting through a school day without getting into at least one blue....deary me !

Is a ''bogan child'' redeemable, or are they condemned to boganism for life? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 12:07pm
Cut the blubbing and give us a blow-by-blow account.Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 22>