Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kings Will Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Good news.
Hopefully it’s just a matter of giving him an extended break and he will be back bigger and better next year.
As Pete Moody mentioned earlier this prep from the mounting yard, there is not much of him. He is very scrawny.

He will be lucky to live let alone race again with a fractured pelvis.Shocked

You would be surprised. Many horses have raced successfully with pelvis injuries.
It depends on the severity.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 11:32am
From memory Duke of Marmalade raced with a fractured pelvis for a while before they found it
to the victor
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

From memory Duke of Marmalade raced with a fractured pelvis for a while before they found it

Was it the ilium, ischium or the ospubis .   Maybe the Sumphasus Pubis.

I think what we mean is :-   He won't be winning at Group level again.

Good galloper too.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:12pm
Dulcify didn't make it Cry I guess it depends on how smashed up.

I noticed the other night he's only 3 1/2yo so his pretty hectic schedule wouldn't have helped, given relative the immaturity.

Edited by Gay3 - 30 Oct 2018 at 1:18pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:19pm
he's older than that I'm pretty sure. 
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:24pm
Yeah he's 4.5 years old, born May 2014
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:28pm
and a 6 start prep dating back to Aug is about as standard as they come for animals of his quality. shit happens
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Underground Underground wrote:

and a 6 start prep dating back to Aug is about as standard as they come for animals of his quality. shit happens

It’s the hard training in between though. Weir has long been applauded for “getting them fit” but the side effect of that is a high injury rate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:39pm
interesting. got proof?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Good news.
Hopefully it’s just a matter of giving him an extended break and he will be back bigger and better next year.
As Pete Moody mentioned earlier this prep from the mounting yard, there is not much of him. He is very scrawny.

He will be lucky to live let alone race again with a fractured pelvis.Shocked

You would be surprised. Many horses have raced successfully with pelvis injuries.
It depends on the severity.

I’ve had 2 and neither had any issues
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 3:56pm

Sorry, I got mixed up with another Weir/stayer/import - there are too many of them Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:10pm
I am sure, that I heard once that when Bart Cummings had Better Loosen Up, as an autumn 3yo, he was found to have a fractured pelvis when he rolled up to Lindsay Park.

As has been stated it must depend on the severity of the fracture, whether they can return or race on.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Sorry, I got mixed up with another Weir/stayer/import - there are too many of them Smile

probably Furrion Smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 2:09pm

interesting. got proof?

His run in the Turnbull was excellent , Looked the winner when he hit the front and faltered .       He was top class.
His run in the Caulfield Cup and the Cox Plate were much the same ... Well back and struggling with serious injuries.

Most of my Spring Stars have "gone wrong " Including Grunt.   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

interesting. got proof?

His run in the Turnbull was excellent , Looked the winner when he hit the front and faltered .       He was top class.
His run in the Caulfield Cup and the Cox Plate were much the same ... Well back and struggling with serious injuries.

all well and good Macca, but the original post was suggesting that Weir's training methods in general cause his horses to break down more often than other trainers. I was looking for proof for such a damaging accusation but didn't get any, unsurprisingly 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

interesting. got proof?

all well and good Macca, but the original post was suggesting that Weir's training methods in general cause his horses to break down more often than other trainers. I was looking for proof for such a damaging accusation but didn't get any, unsurprisingly 

That figures ,    Most horses are carrying some problems .   The Racing Routine is not easy on them .
Weir must do something right ,   He wins plenty.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 2:36pm
Anecdotal. No way to prove it unless stats are kept.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:49am
Actually that’s a good idea, We should have stats kept on trainers breakdown rates?
Sort out the trash from the treasure
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:15am
Look Chris Waller is seen as being very kind to his horses.  But even he gets horses which break down.  The internationals this year are having a very bad trot with injuries.  Couldn't we just put it down to one of those things that can happen no matter how well the horse is managed.  Then once again marvel at out iron champion Winx.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 2:00pm
It's a game of numbers really when it comes down to injuries, the more you have the more you will get , who wants to know about a 6 start maiden if it goes by the wayside, the media don't won't to know about , there's no story there whether you have 5 in work or 50 imo.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:35pm
Focus is possibly on Weir because of his previous run ins with RV vets. Pretty clear that he was wrong about Limestone.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:36pm
Why did they run it in the Cox Plate?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:42pm
Why not, given he had clearances from his and Racing Victoria's vets.

And it's perhaps important to understand that the injury he sustained on Cox day was unrelated to the blood loss he experienced after being galloped on in the CC.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:45pm
To try and get him into the Cup
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

To try and get him into the Cup

Where would he needed to have finished to do that?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:38pm
Winner of the CP is exempt from ballot. KWD was relying on attrition really and I think they thought he needed another run, if they got extremely lucky and managed to scrape in. 
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 5:28pm
From the owners

Good news yesterday Kings Will Dream was released from the Ballarat Vet Clinic and on the road to recovery
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 5:35pm
Great news
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:02pm
Really good news.   Thanks S.D.
animals before people.
Summer Regent View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summer Regent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:08am
Thanks for passing on SD. It'll be interesting to see if he'll be fit enough to stand a preparation further down the track.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>