Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

So You Win

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So You Win
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:22pm
Wow that was a nice win. Love this horse.

Rosehill Guineas.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Wow that was a nice win. Love this horse.

Rosehill Guineas.

I think I love him too .. now
He Enjoyed to soft track to repeat his pattern of last time in.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm
Hopefully switch riders before the big one. Glyn rides like a tradie drives in peak hour. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Hopefully switch riders before the big one. Glyn rides like a tradie drives in peak hour. 

Perfect ride..   His son is riding plenty of winners too in Honkers I think.

He's riding at 14% WIN, which is better than Corey brown for one. .
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:56pm
Macca I tend to agree with Red. He is horrible to watch on a backmarker and did the horse no favours missing the boat and having to go back and around. If you're going to settle last, how on earth do you allow yourself to be in a position where you need to go back and around. Only Glyn finds that spot.
Sunline...simply supreme
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:06pm
Gas, break, honk
Gas, break, honk
Honk, honk, punch
Gas, gas, gas

LOL Thanks Homer.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:47pm

Macca I tend to agree with Red. He is horrible to watch on a backmarker and did the horse no favours missing the boat and having to go back and around. If you're going to settle last, how on earth do you allow yourself to be in a position where you need to go back and around. Only Glyn finds that spot.

I was only giving Red a stirr, ( yoking )    Winners are grinners on that race .       BTW    Williams is the other luv of my life.

I was more concerned about the one I layed because they were both looking to finish on late.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:41pm
We're getting a price tomorrow night.

Fave is pretty short...
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 11:49pm
He's got him in the wrong bloody race.

Fair dinkum, hopeless.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 7:26am
I knew you'd say that. Refer to what I said in the other thread about your thoughts on this topic.

Trust that Waller wouldn't be running him in the 1550m race if he was looking for 1900m. He is obviously still working very sharp, and Waller will look at a horse who just won over 1550m and wonder if there's a need to rush him out to 1900m or give him the grounding of an extra run over 1550m.

He's only third up and they need to plan it right so that he gets to the Rosehill Guineas at a time when 2000m makes sense for him. He needs to manage the prep and can't have him over the top come Rosehill Guineas Day. Don't know any horse that won the Rosehill Guineas with 2 x 2000m runs before it.
Sunline...simply supreme
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:30am
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:36am
LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:46am
LOL
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

via Imgflip Meme Generator

I will have to pinch that.  LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:54am
The Punt Gods have given him a field size & barrier draw that make it near-impossible for Glyn to Glyn him.

Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 12:23pm
3 wide no cover.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 12:45pm
Not winding up early enough off a slow speed. The opportunities are endless. Early drift is concerning esp as stablemate with KMac up has firmed. The market will be as interesting as the race.LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:29pm

I knew you'd say that. Refer to what I said in the other thread about your thoughts on this topic.

He's only third up and they need to plan it right so that he gets to the Rosehill Guineas at a time when 2000m makes sense for him. He needs to manage the prep and can't have him over the top come Rosehill Guineas Day. Don't know any horse that won the Rosehill Guineas with 2 x 2000m runs before it.

I doubt too many horses have a run at 2000m or 1900m since The Canterbury Guineas was deleted from the callander.

He'd have had a nice leisurely amble had he taken in the tonights 1900m contest.

I doubt he really needed to run at all today.

I wonder what nonsense Waller has in store for Tangmere who is crying out for 2000m ?

reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
Not sure what races are on the agenda for this 4yo by SYT?

It was a really tidy win on Saturday. He might even measure up to some of those Listed/G3 races over 2000-2400m in the autumn.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:21am
CJW has banished him to the Qld stable & he goes around today at Doomben over 2040m.

He was really ordinary in the autumn, but his 2 runs this time have been ok.  

Down in grade & up to 2000m, he looks well suited to today’s race.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 12:55pm
Well spotted LH.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Well spotted LH.
Thanks djebel.  Glad to get another win out of him.  Had to survive a protest to get the money Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:23pm
Not that the owners need any coin, but have to be frustrated with his run of placings this time in.

Six starts for three 2nds, two 3rds & a 4th.

Still love to win him!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:42pm
Congrats to my old friend SYW on his win in the January Cup at Rosehill today.  

A “proper” honest racehorse this guy.  Gets his first black type win as a 7yo at start 46 Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:49pm
Looking at his career record, he’s managed to win a metropolitan race every calendar year he’s raced - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & now 2022.  

That some achievement in the current times where we seem to be breeding ever increasingly frail horses that barely stand up to a few seasons, let alone a few years of racing.

The likes of SYW & Flow Meter are throwbacks to the 20th century.
 Post Reply Post Reply