Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:38pm
The independent (roflmao) Minerals Council of Au  put renewable subsidies at $1.8B in 2016, while other reports have put coal subsidies at at least twice that - not including most of the externalities you continue to ignore

The MCA's response? 
"Australian government funding and tax breaks for exploration are not subsidies but legitimate tax deductions for business. " Hair splittingly hilarious if it wasn't so blatantly ludicrous.

Last week, a study commissioned by the Minerals Council claimed that renewable energy in Australia was the beneficiary of huge subsidies.

Large-scale renewable projects, it claimed, were on the receiving end of $1.8 billion in direct subsidies last year alone. That's a claim rejected as simplistic and incorrect by those in the renewables industry.

Whatever the number, there is no doubt that renewable energy has been on the receiving end of vast subsidy handouts both for large scale and home generation here and around the globe.

But it's equally true that, in the absence of a carbon price, high-polluting industries have been getting a free ride, not only by avoiding the cost of damage to the environment and the planet, as the science overwhelmingly points to, but through the damage to the health of countless millions of people.

It's also worth noting that every Australian coal-fired power plant was built with taxpayer money. As were the electricity distribution systems. And while many since have been sold to private interests, the sales processes have thrown up some interesting numbers.

When the NSW government sold its electricity generation assets for $1.5 billion, the deal was hailed a breakthrough. But the Tamberlin Inquiry in 2011 discovered about $4 billion worth of taxpayer subsidies to the generators in the form of cheap long-term coal contracts[goodness me, how did the MCA commissioned report overlook things like this? Pure accident I'm sure]

Coal-fired generators also use huge amounts of water, much of which — unlike farmers — is gifted to them. Then, of course, there are the would-be new coal miners up in the Carmichael Basin — most notably the Adani family — with their hands out for about $1 billion in taxpayer-funded infrastructure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All very well known and much discussed facts which once again you appear to know nothing about. There's plenty more analysis of fossil fuel subsidies if your brain could only overcome your prejudice.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:46pm
For the benighted and lazy here's a picture :

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
Good job reading!Star ... you're getting warmer, now apply the maths ... I'll check back later. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:12pm
Make sure you pull your pants up on your way out.  Wait till you get home to check your jocks for those mythical 700% figs .

As the theatrical sayings go - the fat lady has sung and the curtain has come down on your illustrious career as an expert commentator LOL in climate change, energy prices, renewables, coal and economics. The village which lost its idiot can finally relax, we've sent them your details.

Given the love you have for your own ignorant opinion no doubt the forum will have to humour you from time to time. If I may make a suggestion perhaps the tea leaves will do a better job next time. At least when exposed the stench of your stupidity won't be quite as bad. You could try Halal meat, or at least give your intestine a rest and lay off the offal for a while.

It's not all bad news though. Afaik Dunning Kruger Effect and HUAS can be cured in most cases. Can't same the same for late stage ideological blindness unfortunately. Small steps as they say.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:19pm
I'll make it easy - we'll call it a draw . Cant get much fairer than that !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:34pm
Call it whatever you like. 

I'd call the thread's premise, and its initiator's contributions, a steaming pile of excrement. Or to use the words of the wonderfully eloquent John Birmingham - a gelati sundae with a rancid cherry on top.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 12:23am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Call it whatever you like. 

I'd call the thread's premise, and its initiator's contributions, a steaming pile of excrement. O<span style="font-size: small;">r to use the words of the wonderfully eloquent John Birmingham - </span><span style="font-size: small; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">a gelati sundae with a rancid cherry on top.</span>

Don't lose sight of the fact,   if you make claims that you can't prove beyond doubt are factual , they become false ideas.
   A false idea is a delusion.        >   I would hate to see you in a straight jacket , wearing a spit hood TBM .      
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:52am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Make sure you pull your pants up on your way out.  Wait till you get home to check your jocks for those mythical 700% figs .

As the theatrical sayings go - the fat lady has sung and the curtain has come down on your illustrious career as an expert commentator LOL in climate change, energy prices, renewables, coal and economics. The village which lost its idiot can finally relax, we've sent them your details.

Given the love you have for your own ignorant opinion no doubt the forum will have to humour you from time to time. If I may make a suggestion perhaps the tea leaves will do a better job next time. At least when exposed the stench of your stupidity won't be quite as bad. You could try Halal meat, or at least give your intestine a rest and lay off the offal for a while.

It's not all bad news though. Afaik Dunning Kruger Effect and HUAS can be cured in most cases. Can't same the same for late stage ideological blindness unfortunately. Small steps as they say.

Typical ... good reader, but failing in simple maths.Ouch

Here's a hint ... how much energy does wind and solar generate (when the wind is blowing and the sun is out!) compared with coal, in this country ... when you have that answer, and the other data you have, ask Mr Incredible to help you do the maths ... he actually knows the answer, but he just hates to share bad news.LOL

Listen, I'll let you in on a little secret ... I'm just as big a fan of science fiction as the next socially awkward geek living under the stairs at his mother's house drooling over posters of Jeri Ryan and Gillian Anderson, and I would love to believe the Climate Alarmists, but really, their consistent failure to ever come up with a prediction or a model that actually comes true ... well, let's just say if they made a movie about it, using all of the data that they have relied upon, it would make "Sharknado" 1, 2 and 3 look like an award winning Nat Geo Science Doco series. They simply must do better ... when they do, then maybe the hysterical rush to EXPENSIVE, UNPROVEN, UNRELIABLE technologies might just be justified.

On a positive note, your insults are well researched and constructed, and far superior to anything that Whale ever served up, but on the flip side of that, I must say that I have far more respect for him than I would for some pompous, pseudo intellectual soft cock who just wont say what they mean.Wink 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 7:43am
doc you remind me of the old proverb none are so blind as those who cannot see. The most deluded people are those that choose to ignore what they already know.
if im correct you do believe the planet is warming only that its a natural cycle.
not so according to scientists - i'm sure some scientists lean to the left but not all. 
The fact about this warming period is that it happening at a time when the planet should be cooling. The other fact is that the earth has never warmed this quickly. 
The warming funnily enough coinciding with industrialisation and massive forest clearing.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 9:57am
Yes that's right Marble - the deniers are the deluded ones. Ever thought that it may be the other way around ? You cannot argue that the whole subject has become a massive global issue - & that many , many businesses /groups of people /individuals are making a hell of a lot of money out of it. Reputations, continued money streams & companies bottom lines rely on it . So the first problem for me is even if evidence became available today to "prove" it was all cobblers it would take a long time for those I speak of to accept it. All of a sudden I suspect they would become the "deniers". Which maybe what's actually going on right now with many of the doomsday predictions of a few years back not readily on the horizon.
The second real issue I have is even if it is true that we are the root cause for global warming I question its real impact. Yes there will be slight increases in sea levels that will impact some land areas, some animal/plant species "may" suffer & some areas will become slightly hotter/colder. So what ? - all that has occurred thousands of times since year dot on this planet - & for the very vast majority their were no humans in sight. So I am pretty sure we can adapt as required. We actually have the advantage of managing the change. And whose to say their wont be as many winners as losers ? I mean all those freezing hell holes around the planet would love a bit more heat I would have thought.

The third issue is that its trendy to knock the deniers. Have a look at most of the Greenies on the bandwagon - that in itself should be enough for folk like (you assuming you are not one of them - juries out) to have a bit of a rethink. 3bm keeps going on about deniers being lazy & unable to educate themselves on the issue. Hope he's not suggesting that rabble have.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 10:41am
must be difficult to support a country like china knowing its the biggest polluter, by country and company

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Countries by carbon dioxide emissions in thousands of tonnes per annum, via the burning of fossil fuels (blue the highest and green the lowest).
Carbon dioxide emissions for the top 40 countries by total emissions in 2013, given as totals and per capita. Data from EU Edgar database
The cumulative CO2 emissions between 1970 and 2013 from the top 40 countries in the world, including some extra-national bodies. The data comes from the EU EDGAR database
China CO2 emission in millions of tonnes from 1980 to 2009.

This is a list of sovereign states and territories by carbon dioxide emissions due to certain forms of human activity, based on the EDGAR database created by European Commission and Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency released in 2015. The following table lists the 2015 annual CO2 emissions estimates (in thousands of CO2 tonnes) along with a list of emissions per capita (in tonnes of CO2 per year) from same source. The data only considers carbon dioxide emissions from the burning of fossil fuels and cement manufacture, but not emissions from land use, land-use change and forestry. Emissions from international shipping or bunker fuels are also not included in national figures,[1] which can make a huge difference for small countries with important ports. The top 10 largest emitter countries account for 67.6% of the world total. Other powerful, more potent greenhouse gases, including methane, are not included in this data.

CountryCO2 emissions (kt) in 2015[2] % CO2 emissions by countryEmission per capita (t) in 2015[3]
 World36,061,710100%
 China10,641,78929.51%7.7
 United States5,172,33614.34%16.1
 European Union3,469,6719.62%6.9
 India2,454,9686.81%1.9
 Russia1,760,8954.88%12.3
 Japan1,252,8903.47%9.9
 Germany777,9052.16%9.6
International Shipping642,0241.78%
 Iran633,7501.76%8.0
 South Korea617,2851.71%12.3
 Canada555,4011.54%15.5
 Saudi Arabia505,5651.40%16.0
 Indonesia502,9611.39%2.0
International Aviation502,9361.39%
 Brazil486,2291.35%2.3
 Mexico472,0181.31%3.7
 Australia446,3481.24%18.6
 South Africa417,1611.16%7.7
 United Kingdom398,5241.11%6.2
 Turkey357,1570.99%4.5
 Italy352,8860.98%5.9
 France327,7870.91%5.1
 Poland294,8790.82%7.6
 Thailand279,2530.77%4.1
 Taiwan279,1740.77%11.9
 Kazakhstan267,9780.74%15.2
 Spain262,6830.73%5.7
 Malaysia245,3710.68%8.1
 Ukraine228,6880.63%5.1
 Egypt226,9850.63%2.5
 Vietnam206,0280.57%2.2
 United Arab Emirates199,2530.55%21.8
 Argentina191,1990.53%4.4
 Venezuela178,5680.50%5.7
 Pakistan174,8430.48%0.9
 Netherlands165,3170.46%7.8
 Iraq160,6230.45%4.4
 Algeria147,6920.41%3.7
 Philippines113,0350.31%1.1
 Czech Republic111,0920.31%10.5
 Uzbekistan109,8450.30%3.7
 Belgium97,0020.27%8.6
 Kuwait95,0130.26%24.4
 Turkmenistan94,2360.26%17.5
 Qatar88,8250.25%39.7
 Nigeria86,8960.24%0.5
 Romania81,2470.22%4.2
 Chile81,1100.22%4.5
 Colombia80,9670.22%1.7
 Oman78,4460.22%17.5
 Azerbaijan38,0000.10%3.9

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:02am
Increase in temperature might well suit folk living in these joints - these are average temperatures in their coldest month of the year (either Jan or Feb - in degrees Celsius). Yatusk, Russia -40.9, Iqualuit, Canada -27.5, Fairbanks, USA -22, Harbin, China -19.4, Astana, Kazakhstan -15.9, Erzurum, Turkey -7.8 - in fact most the planet has freezing cold winters. So what's the problem if it gets a bit warmer ?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:28am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Quality post Softy. Maybe you could expand on it a touch
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:36am
I’ll let you do the talking you fountain of knowledge.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:46am

I’ll let you do the talking you fountain of knowledge.
No worries Softy - just read your profile - explains a lot ! I'm actually surprised you knew how to log on.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:49am
But I’m not surprised you think the earth warming up won’t affect much and could possibly be a good thing
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 11:52am

But I’m not surprised you think the earth warming up won’t affect much and could possibly be a good thing
Well it would make Tasmania I nicer place to visit the majority of the time for starters. As for living there.....well only you could answer that !
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Yes that's right Marble - the deniers are the deluded ones. Ever thought that it may be the other way around ? You cannot argue that the whole subject has become a massive global issue - & that many , many businesses /groups of people /individuals are making a hell of a lot of money out of it. Reputations, continued money streams & companies bottom lines rely on it . So the first problem for me is even if evidence became available today to "prove" it was all cobblers it would take a long time for those I speak of to accept it. All of a sudden I suspect they would become the "deniers". Which maybe what's actually going on right now with many of the doomsday predictions of a few years back not readily on the horizon.
The second real issue I have is even if it is true that we are the root cause for global warming I question its real impact. Yes there will be slight increases in sea levels that will impact some land areas, some animal/plant species "may" suffer & some areas will become slightly hotter/colder. So what ? - all that has occurred thousands of times since year dot on this planet - & for the very vast majority their were no humans in sight. So I am pretty sure we can adapt as required. We actually have the advantage of managing the change. And whose to say their wont be as many winners as losers ? I mean all those freezing hell holes around the planet would love a bit more heat I would have thought.

The third issue is that its trendy to knock the deniers. Have a look at most of the Greenies on the bandwagon - that in itself should be enough for folk like (you assuming you are not one of them - juries out) to have a bit of a rethink. 3bm keeps going on about deniers being lazy & unable to educate themselves on the issue. Hope he's not suggesting that rabble have.

why have tories taken ownership of climate denial ? is it a greed thing? 
and if you dont know what harm raising the average temperature of air and oceans is then you must have your head buried in right wing propaganda.
i'm a queenslander and the reef rakes in millions of tourism dollars a year. I suppose if it dies we could just dig some more coal out of the ground.
In fiji villages are already relocating to higher ground.
What happens in the northern hemisphere if the permafrost thaws? millions of tons of trapped carbon and methane will be released. Do you think that would be good for the planet?
do you think displacement of millions of Asians might be good for australia?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 12:52pm
Let me assure you Marble the planet is continuously undergoing change - whether we like it or not. The debate is whether humans are significantly impacting the rate of change. I am not sure. I just believe we will adapt to climate change as required (just like those Fijian families have by relocating). Many countries will actually benefit. By all means encourage greener technologies - that cannot be a bad thing. However, lets try & keep some balance. All I know is that over the past 10 years power prices have sky rocketed in this country & the average person is jack of it. Obviously lots of reasons for this. If pushing down this renewables path is going to result in reduced power prices I'm all for it (& assuming it will be reliable & not keep us in the dark). Just not sure that is on the horizon. This whole movement has been based on fear & doomsday predictions from day one (refer Maccas mate Mr Flannery for starters). The longer we go with life continuing pretty well as normal the more simple folk are starting to ask if we have all been sold a pup. How much more is this "push" going to cost us ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:21pm
The more carbon we get the better fed the greenery.

Which makes for fat livestock.

Our maker provides, so stop hindering her work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:06pm

Let me assure you Marble the planet is continuously undergoing change - whether we like it or not. The debate is whether humans are significantly impacting the rate of change. I am not sure. I just believe we will adapt to climate change as required (just like those Fijian families have by relocating). Many countries will actually benefit. By all means encourage greener technologies - that cannot be a bad thing. However, lets try & keep some balance. All I know is that over the past 10 years power prices have sky rocketed in this country & the average person is jack of it. Obviously lots of reasons for this. 

Good to see you've learnt a little over the last couple of years, although some might note that even after being late to the party you haven't acknowledged that renewable policies and technologies have played a very small part in power prices in this country. I wonder why that would be? Your politics perhaps? The fact that yiu need to read more and absorb analysis better? The fact that you identify with ignorant forum fwits and can't drag yourself out of their cesspit?

If pushing down this renewables path is going to result in reduced power prices I'm all for it (& assuming it will be reliable & not keep us in the dark). Just not sure that is on the horizon. This whole movement has been based on fear & doomsday predictions from day one 

Absolute nonsense. That may be the case for those who like newspaper headlines but it certainly hasn't been for those at the coalface. Fools on this forum would have us think that renewables have only surfaced as a result of climate science. Their ignorance and stupidity is astounding - well would be except it is a TBV forum after all. Our interests have a different focus generally but it doesn't stop loudmouth ignoramuses from proclaiming all manner of puerile nonsense. A common affliction of modern social media unfortunately. 

You all indirectly claim to know more than experts while displaying an appalling ignorance of even the fundamentals. To overcome this some kiddies resort to claims of conspiracies, they label all climate scientists as liars interested only in furthering their careers, they resort to childish epithets about lefties etc etc all the while ignoring overwhelming evidence which shows the nonsense of their opinions.

(refer Maccas mate Mr Flannery for starters). The longer we go with life continuing pretty well as normal the more simple folk are starting to ask if we have all been sold a pup. How much more is this "push" going to cost us ?

Suck it up petal. Even without global warming renewables are going to play an ever increasing role in global energy. If you had read more (there I go again) you'd know that the Australian energy price breakout has been extra-ordinary (we went from having some of the lowest prices to near the top of the tree - not long after state governments privatised infrastructure and energy pricing was handed over to an inadequately regulated industry and a pathetic but underarmed regulator) and has sfa to do with renewables or GW. 

But to lift your spirits go back a few posts and read the link I gave to Germany where at times consumers are actually being paid to use power due to renewables. 

Energy policy in this country has been totally ignored for decades - by both major parties - and I doubt that will change after the next election. Hell the fwitted fed parliament can't even manage to do anything about the $40B in subsidies - sorry "legitimate tax deductions for business" (lol) which aren't available in Oman for example -  HowCost gave to gas producers using OUR natural resources.  The cons are happy to grease their mates' wheels  while Shorten's too scared of the power of multinational minerals and petro comanies, having been on the receiving end with the MRRT. 

You could probably point the finger at GW ^there^ because instead of focusing on both carbon abatement and energy security/supply/pricing our feds (including The Greens who shot Rudd's carbon scheme down) got into fwitted arguments about carbon while ignoring energy prices/supply and security. As a result we have had fuel refinery retirements (4 in the last decade), power station decommissioning, we have virtually zero capacity for emergency fuel storage, and both private and business consumers have been hit with exorbitant electricity prices. 

A pox on ignorance and it's purveyors on this forum but a far bigger pox on modern politics and politicians who care more about ideology and "winning" than they do about their country, its people, and its future. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:24pm
Why isn't energy as expensive elsewhere.?

All very well for us to give them our coal and have people brag how wonderful we are but we are actually killing our Businesses and our people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:37pm
Gee 3bm - not much changes with you either. Always keen to portray everyone else who posts on here as a dope mingling "in the cesspit" of TBV. Elitist , pompous , head up your clacker , prat are just some of the terms that come to mind.
I still believe if the terms climate/ global - warming / change had never been raised as an issue our cost structure for power would be a lot different in this country. Of course privatisation has played its part in some states . So has the confusion / lack of agreed policy resulting in the power companies to play the situation to suit themselves. I mean arnt they getting record profits at a time when consumers are paying top dollar. Something doesn't add up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:43pm
Actually the more I think about your posts 3bm it is pretty obvious we are not worthy. Why do you even bother ?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:47pm
Excellent post 3BM. I recall watching an episode of the Insiders shortly after Weatherill gatecrashed Frydenburg's press conference. Say what you like about that, but it certainly flushed the Govt out- they announced about three (admittedly quarter-baked) "initiatives" in the space of about a week.

Anyway according to the panel this was dumb of Turnbull- Abbott would've just hammered Labor on renewables and done nothing, which would've been the prudent course. And I'm trying to digest this- apparently it's better NOT to try and address the problems confronting this country, particularly if it's going to cause you short term political pain. The politicians, the media class- it's all a game to these people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:52pm
& as I've told you many times before - you do realise most of us down here in the cesspit ( your words) don't even bother reading the crap you write don't you. At the end of the day you are a very poor communicator - when you have to talk down to us dopes you can at least try to get rid of the pompous tone that comes with everything you write. Very poor - sort it out please because I really do want to understand what your trying to say
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm
A pox on dressmakers who say pox.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:45pm
So a pox on yourself? Not sure you thought that one through...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 7:08pm

It's easy to be a sheep or a lemming, it's harder to ask the hard questions!

Follow the money! ... George Soros, Al Gore, the greatest snake oil salesman of all, Elon Musk, and all of the other rent seekers will have brainwashed, guilt ridden minions at GetUpset and the other overseas funded NGOs, assure us that the sky is falling and that the oceans are rising ... yet they all live in waterfront mansions? Embarrassed

Oh, and whatever you do, don't look up at that big orange ball in the sky ... it's all mankind's fault!Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 31>