Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 11:22pm
After Flannery , Why do people still entertain these Deluded Brain waves.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

In other words USA is the biggest emitter in the world, thanks for the stats

pleased to be of service.

although, how do you come to your conclusion?

population  duh
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Doc - 2/3 of the worlds forest gone
Do you think that's a good thing ?
Do you think it might have some influence on climate ?

What does it matter what I think, when you are just guessing?

Tell us all about the IPCC's record when it comes to predictions guessing.  

Do you think that forests - or any plant life - can survive and grow without CO2? 

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:46am
This press release has a few farmers more than a tad jumpy:

El Nino alert declared by Bureau of Meteorology, with 70pc chance of hot and dry conditions

19:30 EDT

The Bureau of Meteorology has just upped the chance of an , meaning there is now three times the normal risk of the climate driver associated with hot and dry conditions happening this year.

Farmer at Finley: If your right about El nino Av, how can the bom be so wrong? they are saying a 70% chance of it happening. are they really that bad at their job.

Anthony:
Because they have an agenda yes? To have a classified El Niño you need three consecutive months above 0.5c. And we have not even seen the first one yet. So even if it does classify by January and February, it’s impact will be hardly noticeable. El Niño have to set up in May, if they don’t we have good rains In spring and summer, let’s see what this one does.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:59am
Dont worry, CoalMo is on the job. He has Hillsong praying for rain. Expect it to start any day now.Thumbs Up
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:03am
The fossil fuel fossils are right in saying it don't matter a damn what Australia does. That's why the Great Barrier Reef is rooted, everything is rooted- the US, China and India will fcuk us all just on their own efforts. Oh, well- tough titty- I'm perched up nice and high and I've got a stonking big air con. Pity about the kids but hey, what can you do?LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Do you think that forests - or any plant life - can survive and grow without CO2? 

Umm. No ones suggesting we abolish CO2.

As for the IPCC, do you even know what’s in its draft report? Have you read it?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:09pm

Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Docs currently producing his own paper on the subject
Marble.
I look forward to it with interest.

I would bother if I thought you would read it, and/or comprehend it.

Good Grief.Dead

IPCC Reports? "Greehouse gases"? "peer-reviewed abstracts"? ... I'm surprised that marble didn't tell us that Waleed said that "the science is settled!"Clown

Is there any need for me to say a word softon?

IPCC Reports and the accuracy of their predictions have always stood on their own merit.

You would know that if you did any research and were not like marble, just another "Useful Ididot".

Even CNNPT isn't weighing in on this one!LOL

Sorry for taking a while to reply, the kids came home and found me rolling around on the floor in hysterics.
What’s the matter, they asked.
Oh that Dr.E on TBV, he’s so bloody funny I replied, he’s insuated that others don’t comprehend or read his views.
Next minute the three of us were rolling around on the floor.
Keep up the gags Doc, if laughter is medicine i’ll live to 150.
And by then I won’t need my heater down here inTas either so you deniers will save me a fortune lol.
Oh Doc you are so funny😘
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:38pm

The Perils of 
Perception

Ipsos has been running studies on the Perils of Perception, exploring the gap between people’s perceptions and the reality since 2012 across the world. This site includes the full results from all the work we’ve undertaken in this area, across 40 countries with around one hundred thousand interviews.
This unique analysis of misperceptions examines why people around the world are so wrong about basic facts about their population and covers everything from our guesses at obesity levels, immigrant numbers, trends in crime and terrorism, how much we need in a pension pot, the sex lives of young people - and our misperceptions around Brexit, Trump and Facebook.

The perils of perception: Why we’re wrong about nearly everything

‘A superb and timely analysis of a genuine and growing threat to democratic debate.’  
Alastair Campbell – author and former Downing Street Press Secretary  
‘A masterful overview of how our perceptions are repeatedly off the mark. Consequential and timely.’
David Halpern – Chief Executive of the Behavioural Insights Team
  ‘Simply indispensable. Marrying fascinating data with superb analysis.’
  Matthew d'Ancona – author of Post-Truth and Editor-in-Chief, Drugstore Culture
  ‘A tour-de-force. Required reading for all engaged citizens of the world.’
  Dame Louise Casey – former senior British government official and former Deputy Director of Shelter
Perils of Perception Book
Bobby Duffy has written a book on how wrong we are, why and what we can do about it.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:07pm
I thought there was something "strange" about Softy ,     Nice person and all that ,   But the warning lights kept coming on .

Now it'S out      TASMANIA        >>>   Australia's biggest Psychiatric ward.     
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:45pm
Thanks mate👍
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:50pm
It's not doing them much good that we've had more rain in the last week than we did all year.  Wish it would go where it is needed also.  Also I've only been out of jumpers about four days so far this year.  The nights are finally warming up though.  I can sleep under one blanket now.  But wait a minuet.  It's spring isn't that normal.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm

Thanks mate👍

That was a yoke ,yoyce.,    Your a good man.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm
They also just reported it's snowing in Threadbo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Thanks mate👍

That was a yoke ,yoyce.,    Your a good man.

Ouch!! Shocked
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 6:03pm
Stop calling each other names.  You can sometimes be worst than my children ever were.  But then when someone else looses their cool or temper your all over them. 

The weather is different all the time.  I'm sick of the blackmail and guilt being used to make people believe the worst.  They said we would never fill the dams again and we did. 

If it's hot somewhere - others are cold.  We just have to get on and work out how to live and grow food in a country which has never been kind to our farmers.  Get water over the mountains and we could find our food bowl blooming.  But we all just fight and never get the things that need doing done.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Dont worry, CoalMo is on the job. He has Hillsong praying for rain. Expect it to start any day now.Thumbs Up

Hasn't stopped in Cronulla, since he prayed for it the other week!Clap

Just need to get his line right, he's certainly landing them on the right lenght!Thumbs Up

At least he is doing better than the alternative - I doubt that sending self managed retirees and aspirational Mum and Dad Investors broke will help, and that's all that Bullgelati Bill has ... has been allowed to speak on anything meaningless yet this week? #Where'sBilly
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I've read as much as softon and marble. No.

Will it be more credible than any of their previous alarmist reports? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:11pm
Well he was on the p1ss at breakfast time this morning, and he took a six pack takeaway for the drive back to Sydney.. Might explain a few things. Beer

It's 5 o'clock somewhere! Scott Morrison sips on an early morning schooner as he tours a brewery

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:15pm

Docs currently producing his own paper on the subject
Marble.
I look forward to it with interest.

I would bother if I thought you would read it, and/or comprehend it.

Good Grief.Dead

IPCC Reports? "Greehouse gases"? "peer-reviewed abstracts"? ... I'm surprised that marble didn't tell us that Waleed said that "the science is settled!"Clown

Is there any need for me to say a word softon?

IPCC Reports and the accuracy of their predictions have always stood on their own merit.

You would know that if you did any research and were not like marble, just another "Useful Ididot".

Even CNNPT isn't weighing in on this one!LOL

Sorry for taking a while to reply, the kids came home and found me rolling around on the floor in hysterics.
What’s the matter, they asked.
Oh that Dr.E on TBV, he’s so bloody funny I replied, he’s insuated that others don’t comprehend or read his views.
Next minute the three of us were rolling around on the floor.
Keep up the gags Doc, if laughter is medicine i’ll live to 150.
And by then I won’t need my heater down here inTas either so you deniers will save me a fortune lol.
Oh Doc you are so funny😘

I've got some good news and some bad news - I love Tassie, I was down there 2 months ago - great beers - love the Moo brew!, great sparkling wines, great whiskey and gin distileries, great produce, seafood, golf courses, fishing, heritage buildings, affordability, it has it all, but it's just too damned cold!Ouch

However, if the temeperature increases by say 1.5 degrees ... I'm there!!! Big smile

... fingers crossed, eh!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Well he was on the p1ss at breakfast time this morning, and he took a six pack takeaway for the drive back to Sydney.. Might explain a few things. Beer

It's 5 o'clock somewhere! Scott Morrison sips on an early morning schooner as he tours a brewery

What a bloke!Big smile

When is the next poll due?

#Where'sBilly?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Stop calling each other names.  You can sometimes be worst than my children ever were.  But then when someone else looses their cool or temper your all over them. 

The weather is different all the time.  I'm sick of the blackmail and guilt being used to make people believe the worst.  They said we would never fill the dams again and we did. 

If it's hot somewhere - others are cold.  We just have to get on and work out how to live and grow food in a country which has never been kind to our farmers.  Get water over the mountains and we could find our food bowl blooming.  But we all just fight and never get the things that need doing done.
Once again, the voice of reason.Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I've read as much as softon and marble. No.

There isn't a single scientific organisation of national or international standing on the planet that dissents from the basic IPCC position (which I think even you would find decidedly non-alarmist, if you bothered to read it). But if you have any information to the contrary, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. Here are the basic points. Tell us where they've gone wrong:

General
  • Warming of the atmosphere and ocean system is unequivocal. Many of the associated impacts such as sea level change (among other metrics) have occurred since 1950 at rates unprecedented in the historical record.
  • There is a clear human influence on the climate
  • It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of observed warming since 1950, with the level of confidence having increased since the fourth report.
  • IPCC pointed out that the longer we wait to reduce our emissions, the more expensive it will become.[15]
Historical climate metrics
  • It is likely (with medium confidence) that 1983–2013 was the warmest 30-year period for 1400 years.
  • It is virtually certain the upper ocean warmed from 1971 to 2010. This ocean warming accounts, with high confidence, for 90% of the energy accumulation between 1971 and 2010.
  • It can be said with high confidence that the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have been losing mass in the last two decades and that Arctic sea ice and Northern Hemisphere spring snow cover have continued to decrease in extent.
  • There is high confidence that the sea level rise since the middle of the 19th century has been larger than the mean sea level rise of the prior two millennia.
  • Concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has increased to levels unprecedented on earth in 800,000 years.
  • Total radiative forcing of the earth system, relative to 1750, is positive and the most significant driver is the increase in CO2's atmospheric concentration.
Models
This video presents projections of 21st century temperature and precipitation patterns based on a buildup of greenhouse gases with a combined effect equivalent to 650ppm of atmospheric CO2, a scenario the IPCC called "RCP4.5". The changes shown compare the model projections to the average temperature and precipitation benchmarks observed from 1971–2000.

AR5 relies on the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 5 (CMIP5), an international effort among the climate modeling community to coordinate climate change experiments.[16] Most of the CMIP5 and Earth System Model (ESM) simulations for AR5 WRI were performed with prescribed CO2 concentrations reaching 421 ppm (RCP2.6), 538 ppm (RCP4.5), 670 ppm (RCP6.0), and 936 ppm (RCP 8.5) by the year 2100. (IPCC AR5 WGI, page 22).

• Climate models have improved since the prior report.
  • Model results, along with observations, provide confidence in the magnitude of global warming in response to past and future forcing.
Projections
  • Further warming will continue if emissions of greenhouse gases continue.
  • The global surface temperature increase by the end of the 21st century is likely to exceed 1.5 °C relative to the 1850 to 1900 period for most scenarios, and is likely to exceed 2.0 °C for many scenarios
  • The global water cycle will change, with increases in disparity between wet and dry regions, as well as wet and dry seasons, with some regional exceptions.
  • The oceans will continue to warm, with heat extending to the deep ocean, affecting circulation patterns.
  • Decreases are very likely in Arctic sea ice cover, Northern Hemisphere spring snow cover, and global glacier volume
  • Global mean sea level will continue to rise at a rate very likely to exceed the rate of the past four decades
  • Changes in climate will cause an increase in the rate of CO2 production. Increased uptake by the oceans will increase the acidification of the oceans.
  • Future surface temperatures will be largely determined by cumulative CO2, which means climate change will continue even if CO2 emissions are stopped.

The summary also detailed the range of forecasts for warming, and climate impacts with different emission scenarios. Compared to the previous report, the lower bounds for the sensitivity of the climate system to emissions were slightly lowered, though the projections for global mean temperature rise (compared to pre-industrial levels) by 2100 exceeded 1.5 °C in all scenarios.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:35pm
There isn't a single scientific organisation of national or international standing > with the IPCC < on the planet that dissents from the basic IPCC position.

Yawn.Sleepy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:41pm
Actually the last scientific organisation to hold out was the America Association of Petroleum EngineersLOL. But even they folded a few years ago.

All you need to do Doc is produce the science and you could blow this thing wide open. A word of advice though....volcanoes and solar flares won't cut it...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:32pm
I'm not alarmed by Climate Change Judge, not even a little bit hysterical or concerned by whose "fault" it is, and nor should you be! ... however;

The people in Parramatta are still waiting for their waterfront homes.

The dams DID fill, again and again.

The Polynesian Polar Bear population may have stabilised, but the numbers of their Arctic cousins are booming.

Pacific Islands are getting bigger.

Extreme climate events are declining in numbers.

The poles are melting, and feezing, and melting and freezing, as always.

Coral reefs are bleaching, and regenerating, and bleaching, and regenerating.

Crop yeilds are at record levels year after year - is that bad? - it happens when there is a warming globe, the planet gets greener.

It's almost like nature just keeps doing what nature does, regardless of what the changes are ... you know, like it's happened since before the Climate Alarm Industry was even invented, and before the man made, what the fcuk ever it is that the latest scam is all about to make the rich poor, and the poor poorer!Shocked

The good news is that the IPCC has stated "it's our last chance" so they won't be publishing any more of this crap to frighten the "Useful Idiots" with. Thank George Soros for that!Thumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:44pm
And solar flares causes warming, and volcanoes pump out more than humans...

Sorry Doc, a laundry list of denialist talking point won't cut it. Where the rubber meets the road, you need the science. That's just the way it is.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Pretty bad storms and cyclones overseas Dr.  Can't say nature is stable.  It never is and no doubt never will be.   So climate chance can occur.  We have to see what we can do, but Australis is not responsible by any means.  We are not the big bad guys we are being made out to be.  More people try to recyle etc.  But the people in the media or power make everthing so dire that 1/2 the population tunes out while the other half panic beyond reason.  That is both unhealthy and unhelpful.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Pretty bad storms and cyclones overseas Dr.  Can't say nature is stable.  It never is and no doubt never will be.   So climate chance can occur.  We have to see what we can do, but Australis is not responsible by any means.  We are not the big bad guys we are being made out to be.  More people try to recyle etc.  But the people in the media or power make everthing so dire that 1/2 the population tunes out while the other half panic beyond reason.  That is both unhealthy and unhelpful.

Spot on again furious - bad storms, but we've had worse, they have had worse. Nature has NEVER been stable, seasons have NEVER been a clone of the previous year, the ambient temperature for human habitation is approx 21C, and that's what we strive to change our own environments to, year round. Interesting that they are trying to shame the wealthy countries to do something NOW, but China and India can do what they wish till 2030?

They also tell us that we need to become vegetarians, because we need to slaughter all of the farting livestock ... interesting.

It's a money grab.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:26pm
What on Earth has "the ambient temperature for human habitation is approx 21C" got to do with it?Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>