Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:45pm
So now the National Farmers' Federation believes there is climate change and something needs to be done? Leftist swines...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Newtown Old Boy Newtown Old Boy wrote:

So now the National Farmers' Federation believes there is climate change and something needs to be done? Leftist swines...

Probably the best line of attack to get a handout.

If you can generate electricity by any means than coal , they will subsidise you with billions.   
   I'm applying, as I generate a lot of heat when throwing the leg over the girl next door.      

Do i take precautions you ask ,   of course I do ,   I wear a balaclava.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 1:56am
Spot on maccamax - there's no money in any other view, in fact, you risk your livelihood for even questioning it!Dead

UNIVERSITY DISGRACE: THE SILENCING OF PETER RIDD

How dare James Cook University try to gag Professor Peter Ridd from questioning the global warming alarmism of other academics? It has even trawled through his emails to look for dirt. But as you saw on my show last night, this brave man refuses to be cowed, even as his legal bills soar in a confrontation that shames Australian academia.

Some background:

Peter Ridd, a professor of physics, last year again argued that the science behind claims that global warming was destroying the Great Barrier reef was not strong and some science bodies seemed to be exaggerating:

The basic problem is that we can no longer trust the scientific organisations like the Australian Institute of Marine Science, even things like the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies – a lot of this is stuff is coming out, the science is coming out not properly checked, tested or replicated and this is a great shame because we really need to be able to trust our scientific institutions and the fact is I do not think we can any more.

Those comments, on Sky News, has his university trying to gag Ridd and threaten him with legal action for not being more "collegial" - a ludicrous and sinister attempt to impose group think on a scientist.Ridd has refused to buckle, claiming free speech and proper scientific debate - the questioning of propositions - are at stake.

Ridd soon faced legal bills of $95,000. The good news is that he raised that in a Go Fund Me campaign in just two days.

Clearly, many thinking Australians are deeply troubled by this persecution of an academic by a university that is actually funded to promote academic debate, not crush it.

It stuns me that the Turnbull Government has been silent on such an important issue and has not told the university to drop this campaign or face intervention. I suspect that the great global warming religion is now considered so sacred that we must not only destroy our reliable electricity system, spend billions on unnecessary desalination plants, fritter billions more on useless global warming schemes, consider tax breaks or subsidies for millions of expensive electric cars, but also crush any scientist who dares question the shaky science on which this whole, tottering edifice is built.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/university-disgrace-the-silencing-of-peter-ridd/news-story/59eadf2bc40b7afdb485e8cd01e81a43

... and for the "Bolt Deranged" leftards ... right from the horses mouth - The Guardian!

Peter Ridd's sacking pushes the limit of academic freedom

‘The massive coral bleaching in recent years was no cause for concern, because coral grew back, [Ridd] claimed.’

James Cook University may have damaged its reputation with a heavy-handed approach to the academic with minority views on climate change and the reef

I hate to say it (honesty!), but the sacking of professor Peter Ridd by James Cook University does raise issues of academic freedom. Not simple issues, and ones that can be refuted as the university is doing, but ones that matter nonetheless.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/05/peter-ridds-sacking-pushes-the-limit-of-academic-freedom

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:43am
... but the Science is Settled ... haven't you seen all the "Record High" Temperatures that have been recorded ... and finally PROOF that Global Warming IS Man Made ... 

Mr Whippy is the culprit!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Friday Funny: Scottish “record high temperature” caused by Ice Cream Truck

From the  “I scream, you scream, we all scream for higher temperatures” department. Yesterday, Paul Homewood and I went on a collaborative search to find the weather station at Strathclyde Park which had it’s all-time Scottish high temperature record denied by the Met Office, to no avail. It just wasn’t easily visible. One of Paul’s readers went to the scene and took photos, but it isnit just the photos, it’s what he found out. 

Sent: 06 July 2018 22:14
To: paul homewood
Subject: Re: Strathclyde

Hi Paul,

Having read that they were blaming a car exhaust I revisited the park.  I discovered that the weather station is split over two sites.  The anemometer and wind direction indicators are on the roof.  The stevenson screen is in the boat compound.  I have attached two google screen shots showing the position of the Stevenson Screen as well as photos.  The screen shot shows a large tent? close beside the Stevenson screen, but over the last couple of summers and without doubt in our extraordinary weather recently that position is taken up by an ice cream van which stays there all day with it’s engine running to keep the freezers working.  The boat compound is in a continual state of flux depending on what events are being held in the park.

Thanks for all the work you put into your site,

Duncan

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/07/06/friday-funny-scottish-record-high-temperature-caused-by-ice-cream-truck/

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:45am
^ My understanding is that this remains unreported by CNN, Your ABC, The Guardian, The Project, CNNPT, or any of the Leftard FAKE NEWS media ... unsurprisingly.Dead
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:18pm
That's good....lol
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:28am
Unquestionably "man made" warming this time oneone!Geek

... and they knew it was hot that day, because the ice cream truck never moved!LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:23am
Haven't seen any ravings from Al Gore in recent times ,   Should we add him to the " dying thread " .

Our famous Scientist Tim Flannery got a pay rise for being so wrong years ago.     No compensation for all the fools who put in water tanks .
I always wondered what was going to fill the tanks if it wasn't going to rain.
   Madness is NOT a wealth hazard.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
My water tank would have filled three times over in the last fortnight. Should I get another one? 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:33pm
Great to see Elon the Snake Oil Salesman who has succeeded in ripping off the South Australian Government, being exposed for the self promoting, rent seeking con man that he really is ... just like most of those trying to benefit from the Global Warming hysteria!Big smile

The British diver from the Thai cave rescue that Elon Musk called a 'pedo' is considering suing the billionaire

• A British diver involved in the Thai cave rescue mission has indicated he could sue Elon Musk for defamatory comments.
  • Musk called the diver a “pedo” on Sunday before later deleting his tweet.
  • The insult came after Unsworth criticised the “kid-sized sub” that the CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, and The Boring Company delivered to Thailand as being a “PR stunt.”
  • “It’s not finished,” Unsworth told Australian media on Monday, adding Musk’s insult meant “people realise what kind of guy he is.”

Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/the-british-cave-rescue-diver-may-sue-elon-musk-over-pedo-comment-2018-7#4gfBAHQWkM3FpgKj.99
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:44pm
A rather specific thing to call the guy. Any background to it?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 1:59am
Withdrew the tweet quicker than he will withdraw his "big battery" when Australia wakes up and withdraws subsidies for renewables!

Regardless, it was just a bitchy snipe by ELON, a typical leftwing sook who's been called out for what he is.

PS: When tf did YOU all of a sudden develop an interest in "background" to support "news" items?Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:20pm
His PEDO term will be a costly flap of the tongue .

And so it should be.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 2:57am
Remember the MAD old days .   

When Tim Flannery was so concerned about the water shortage ,

He closed 3 lanes of all the local swimming pools.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
Dont know if this has been stated here before, but this article sets out quite clearly the government subsidies that can be had.
 Where would the green sector be without these? 
How would it be if these subsidies were put into energy for the general population? 
What happens when the government pulls the pin on the subsidies? 
The AGLs of this world are getting out of coal to egt into the subsidized  energy sector. Advantageous for their shareholders. Only.

Homeowners are Paying Next to Nothing for Solar Panels

IAIN ADKINS | Contributing Economics Editor 
8:32AM Wednesday, 8 May 2018
Logo live smart

Warning: Do not pay your next energy bill until you read this.

This is the 1 simple truth your power company doesn’t want you to know. There is a policy that qualifies homeowners who live in specific postcodes to be eligible for $1000s of Government funding to install solar panels; the Solar Credits Subsidy*. Has your power company told you that?

The Solar Credits Subsidy is primarily based on Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), also known as small-scale technology certificates (STCs). Despite often being referred to as a “solar rebate”, the Solar Credits Subsidy is structured differently than other financial incentives in the solar industry. The financial benefit generated from these certificates is included in the advertised solar package costs and offered as a point of sale discount. Ultimately, this saves you the hassle of having to post-purchase the certificates, and also reduces the initial capital outlay.

When homeowners check whether they qualify at 3Quotes, many are shocked that this subsidy could cover a lot of costs associated with the installation. So with a lot of help from the government, you could be on your way to significantly reducing your electricity bill in a matter of weeks.

Stephen Jenkins, an authority on everything related to Solar Energy replacement, set out to do some research and determine whether this program lives up to its reputations. A year after installing solar Steven was able to report back on his findings, with his most exciting of which being that he is now going to save $587.87 a quarter on his own energy bill, and there are many other people who have done the same and even better. Some data on the bills below have been blurred due to privacy reasons.

Before solar

After solar

So, how does this program work? Until recently, solar panels cost $1000s of dollars to purchase and install, and unless you were building a new home or had that much extra cash sitting around, the cost was more than the benefit. The solar panels had to be purchased with no help, these days the Australian solar credits program helps everybody...

Does this mean Steven was being misled by his power company? He would not say one way or the other, but the truth is pricing for solar panels has lowered drastically in the last 5 years, leaving solar panels affordable for consumers who could not afford to switch to solar power. Either way, one thing you can be sure of, however, is that your power company is not going to call you up to inform you of this program.

NOTE: You are not locked into your power company policy if you've already paid your current policy, you can cancel very easily and the balance will be refunded.

With average savings of 50%, these online services are gaining massive popularity. One of the most trusted, secure and effective free online service that provides homeowners the best local rates is 3Quotes. Over 250,000 consumers have already trusted 3Quotes to get significant discounts. If you too would like to receive the benefits of using this free service you can click here or the button below. Then just enter your state information and click continue to determine if you're eligible.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 3:21pm
People who can afford them, are simply being subsidised by people who can't afford them - these are the same people who cant afford to turn their heater on in WinterOuch 

... lucky we have all this Global Warming!!! ... what! ... we DON'T!!!!? ... then WHY????Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:54am
Lovely summer this year in Japan and Europe- beach weather.Evil Smile
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:43pm
The sad thing is that it is really dry out there (including my backyard but I'm not a farmer and it doesn't effect my livelyhood).  So all this bickering does is kind of ridiculous.  Something has to be found to help us over the too much rain and the not enough rain.  We get both in Australia and have from day one.  No wonder the Aborigines were nomadic.  I would be too if you had to follow both the water and the wildlife and stay away from too dry areas likely to kill your whole community.  But today farmers are tied too their land.  And that land is bone dry and really killing both them and their animals.  So guys put you vast knowledge to finding a way to farmers to survive.  Whether it be conglomerates with farms in every state - coastal and inland - so that farm stock can be moved between areas in times of drought or flood etc.   Or can we use these useless desalination sites to pipe water to where it is desperately needed!  Surely it would cost less in the long run to keep these farms viable that importing food which often is tastless and not properly goverened.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:44pm
And please excuse my typing errors.  I always forget to proof read before posting!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Why doesn't someone ever say the obvious truth on farmers?- Many of them are on marginal land which, with global warming- and no farmer is stupid enough to doubt it is happening- will become unsustainable for farming. If it isn't already unsustainable.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:05pm
The Ord River-Lake Argyle would be a perfect place to pull water from, 18 times the capacity of Sydney Harbour tells it all, pipe it across to the Alice then have feeder lines, no problems with labour, Timorese, Filipinos, send their wages back, they won't stay , our biggest problem is we lack the vision from Canberra, if invention is the mother of necessity, then so is need , and we need it now more than ever.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:45pm
I tend to agree with Carioca.  The people in power now dont seem to think of anything except bickering among themselves, and sending millions in aid over seas.  Look at what Aust did after the war, with the Snowy Mts Scheme.  Turned all that water to double use and provided jobs for thousands of immigrants, but no one now seems to be able to think of anything to save all the water thats flowing out to sea every day. Such a waste , while inland there just isnt any.  If they can pipe water from Perth to Kal, why cant they do similar here in NSW ? 
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:50pm
Wasn't it Tony Abbott's grand 2013 election promise to dam a heap of Queensland rivers and pipe water?

Whatever happened to that?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

The sad thing is that it is really dry out there (including my backyard but I'm not a farmer and it doesn't effect my livelyhood).  So all this bickering does is kind of ridiculous.  Something has to be found to help us over the too much rain and the not enough rain.  We get both in Australia and have from day one.  No wonder the Aborigines were nomadic.  I would be too if you had to follow both the water and the wildlife and stay away from too dry areas likely to kill your whole community.  But today farmers are tied too their land.  And that land is bone dry and really killing both them and their animals.  So guys put you vast knowledge to finding a way to farmers to survive.  Whether it be conglomerates with farms in every state - coastal and inland - so that farm stock can be moved between areas in times of drought or flood etc.   Or can we use these useless desalination sites to pipe water to where it is desperately needed!  Surely it would cost less in the long run to keep these farms viable that importing food which often is tastless and not properly goverened.

Spot on furious - but have farmers ever been any different, and has the climate ever been any different?

Feast or famine, drought and flooding rains ... they were whinging about it 100 years ago, and it wasn't anything new then!Shocked

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:49pm
Didn't say it was new Dr E said it's about time we sorted out the mess.  We want viable foodstuffs grown in Australia.  Well we continue to use up viable land with growning cities so it is left to those wildly dry or wet swinging areas for our food produce now.  So it's about time the governments stopped blaming farmers, banks, everyone just to stop them thinking of ways to help.  THe farmers don't want to sell all there stock everytime this happens.  THey just have to restock when the drought or flood disappears.  Surely big farms interstate could get together and try to sort our the grazing issues and the governments should be above to get water to the dryest areas.  Cost's money but if it means the farmers don't have to look to handouts every 10 years or so it would soon pay for itself and stablize Australias home grown industry.  Either that or they all become wind or solar farms and we import all our food and I for one don't want that to happen but better than farmers killing themselves in despair of not knowing how to put food on the plate for their animals or familys.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:11pm
Blinkers on again Doc?...only see what you want to see? do you think bank CEO 's should do jail time for the mongrel way they treated some farmers , do you think the Top brass should have another crack at a water plan? furious didn't ask for much , just an idea fwiw.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Wasn't it Tony Abbott's grand 2013 election promise to dam a heap of Queensland rivers and pipe water?

The rest of the pollies probably wouldnt support his plans.   Too busy fighting in-house to get much done.  Never too busy to award themselves a wage rise tho Wink
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:27pm
Did you listen to Jack's recital, or ever read that poem Carioca?

Many farmers are the worst kind of greedy victim - wealthy land owners, they have been doing the same thing for generations, know the risks, and expect a different outcome when things go poorly ... and they ALWAYS do go poorly - it's a climate cycle!

However, it's always easy to blame the banks!

I do agree that we have the technology to build dams and water delivery systems, and it is pathetic that we don't - just like we have the technology to build nuclear power stations ... 

I wonder who's stopping us ... would it be the hypocrites of the ALP/Greens Collusion??? - correct.Ermm
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm
There is bad on all sides Dr E.  The Libs are really not doing anything but blame Labour and point the finger at Shorten.  That isn't government.  But that is all we are getting.  I'm sick of it.  And not all farmers are like you say.  I have lots of farming relatives mostly dairy who have been through a hell of a time in the last 20 years and banks do have a lot to say about their livelihood.  One used to breed show topping friesens.  THe last time I visited shortly after he died I didn't recognise the place as they had to go into cross breds for greater butter content.  No money in milk anymore well not enough to make ends meet.  So his lifes work down the drain.  
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Piping water from the often flooded Herbert River south was and still is worth consideration. Not Abbott's idea either, it's been mentioned for decades. Mentioned is all it gets in Qld though. No dam or extra water rights unless you are an Ex Labor treasurer in charge of Cubbie Station's sale.

The Murray / Darling is suffering from the poor management by Qld politicians. It starts in Qld so they reckon they own it and stuff the rest of the country.

Best case scenario would be: removed 50% of Cubbie Station's water rights and force them to use dry land crop practices like those in NSW have to along the Darling River.

Remember the proposed dam on the Mary? We got a desal plant instead. White elephant stuff to take the focus off the shifty deals done with the land sales near Gympie.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>