Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Global Warming or Green-Leftist Lies ...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:34pm
If damming was evil, God would never have created beavers. (do your best with that one macca!)
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I have said it before, and I will say it again.

The planet has been cooling down and warming up, long before humans existed, so yes global warming is happening. 

Is it the fault of humans? No.

Does human activity accelerate global warming? Perhaps.

Does global warming have any effect on climate change? Yes.

Is climate change more adverse to human populations, than global warming? Yes.

Why? Because if you have severe droughts, and extreme floods during your food growing periods, your ability to feed everyone is lost.

Is climate change reversible? No. Once you have a region of your country which is effected by prolonged, and extreme conditions, it is just about impossible to regain that productive land.

Should governments do something about climate change? What an idea. In Australia for instance you could develop a network of man made waterways, which divert flood waters to catchment facilities, and then pipe the water to areas which are drought prone.

This idea is not new. My home town of Goulburn, had some of the harshest water restriction in the country during the early part of this century. We now have water piped from a river which is feed by coastal waters to our east, so the water needs to be treated, but a virtually non stop supply of water, and since the pipeline has been operating in late 2013, our water supply has not dropped under 75%, and it is currently at 95% 

The government just needs to understand what will happen to Australia and actually do something about the issue, but I think there is more chance of hell freezing over, than that happening!

As far as the greens go, they are the modern day Arab terrorists from the 1970's, who hijacked planes and kidnapped those who they thought should be punished. People, who think fear, lies, exaggeration and doomsday statements and actions, will get people to start supporting them.

Good luck with that!   

You came unstuck with your first two statements Voyager, which show total ignorance of even the basic science, but the sweeping statements in your last par are an indictment of your own ignorance. Global warming isn't primarily about fresh water availability although anything which might shake the complacency out of a naval-gazing non-reader is a plus I guess.

The author of the thread has had his head up his @rse for a very long time. Apparently he still hasnt come to grips with the myriad non-Green, conservative governments throughout the world and the numerous businesses and business leaders who believe the issue is important enough to take serious action.

He also hasn't a clue about the numerous spinoffs - energy efficiency and conservation being just two - which have been brought about, at least in part, by climate science advice. Farmers and businesses have embraced the science (even if they don't think warming can be turned around significantly) 

The reason for his ignorance is obvious - he prefers proffering his own opinion to reading, but for obvious reasons you won't find him on climate science related forums. 

The choice is there. There are thousands of credible scientific and economic reports, commentaries and forums available for anyone interested in lifting the veil on their own ignorance.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:13pm
Whatever be the case ,I believe, the unknown question of climate change is well down the list of importance in our ever changing World of today.
However ,   The Climate change people are destroying Australia's economy at a frightening rate.
When building up the intelligence of the so called science , never lose sight of the Name Tim Flannery.   Remember = "It wont rain again"   Build decalination plants.
I've seen a few summers ....   Cyclical as they are, but I see NO change in my lifetime.
Why is Australia bumping it's head against the wall with 24 million people when the Billions of China , India , The USA etc are the ones to benefit.
When the brains sort out climate change , maybe they can tell us all about Religion and the Gods.   >   Both are similar questions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Whatever be the case ,I believe, the unknown question of climate change is well down the list of importance in our ever changing World of today.
However ,   The Climate change people are destroying Australia's economy at a frightening rate.
When building up the intelligence of the so called science , never lose sight of the Name Tim Flannery.   Remember = "It wont rain again"   Build decalination plants.
I've seen a few summers ....   Cyclical as they are, but I see NO change in my lifetime.
Why is Australia bumping it's head against the wall with 24 million people when the Billions of China , India , The USA etc are the ones to benefit.
When the brains sort out climate change , maybe they can tell us all about Religion and the Gods.   >   Both are similar questions.

Who are they and what evidence is there of your claims Macca? Plenty of economic assessment suggests those nations which have prepared for warming are reaping the benefits or at the least not suffering as much from the consequences. 

We've already covered your furphy about desal plants but I'm interested in why you keep regurgitating it. The basic tenet of propagandists is to make false statements (or statements with a tiny bit of truth and a lot of exaggerated nonsense) and keep repeating them but I'm not sure what your driver is.

It's more than ironic that the thread author would turn to scientists (albeit mostly unqualified retired scientists who have been rebuffed previously for pseudo-science) after claiming they're all incompetent and part of a global conspiracy. It's possible his ideological blindness results from too much 'self-love' as a child because his comments on all manner of topics show definite characteristics of a complete w@nker.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:46pm
I refrained from making a claim by commencing with =   Whatever.
Then reverted to facts.   Don't you use electricity ? .
Tim Flannery is our own total failure. Great example.
Desal . Plants are still there , costing Billions , doing nothing.
The Gov of the USA have pizzed off the hoax.    They are better equipped
than we are to Analyse such matters. They put a man on the moon.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:26pm
I've previously pointed out that your linking of climate scientists with desals is rubbish Macca.  Water security, and political decisions by both Lib and Labor state govts, coming towards the end of a very long drought were what drove their construction. Given our history they may in fact turn out to be an invaluable asset in the future.

Cost-wise, solar and wind electricity is about as cheap as it gets Macca. "The market" (as fcuked up as it is), its regulator and their rules of operation; predatory pricing (heard of gold plating assets I presume?); undervaluation and lack of control over national petroleum assets; and political stupidity/ideology are primarily to blame for current high energy prices. No other nation with as much natural energy availability would be so stupid as to operate in the way we do. At the very least it's a huge and unnecessary cost to business.

Using the USA as a model is far from convincing. They run multiple trillion dollar deficits on the basis that they're too big to be allowed to fail. Irrespective many USA states and very big businesses have simply ignored Trump on climate.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:09pm
Not hard to tell the racing schedules a bit light on today. We are normally not that lucky to get your attention down here in the bowels 3BM.  
Refer ALP Election Promises
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:56pm
Racing schedules are irrelevant when he spots one of my rare posts in the bowels LOL Or is that the Judge? Confused maybe both Big smile

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Feb 2018 at 5:57pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

If damming was evil, God would never have created beavers. (do your best with that one macca!)

I'll leave that one alone Doc.

I often thought I was a type of beaver.

Having spent so much time looking after me nuts.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:27pm

macca - the states arent any better equipped than us to analyse climate change. They just have a business man running the country that thinks its bad for business. 3BM eloquently explained that it can be quite the opposite for business.  Trump has declared war on the environment and decency. As long as big business is making money he doesnt give a flying fark about anything else
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

macca - the states arent any better equipped than us to analyse climate change. They just have a business man running the country that thinks its bad for business. 3BM eloquently explained that it can be quite the opposite for business.  Trump has declared war on the environment and decency. As long as big business is making money he doesnt give a flying fark about anything else

When the Climate change experts can tell me who created life.

I will definately listen to their "pie in the sky " reasoning on climate change, Global Warming , The Ice Age, Extreme weather events etc etc.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:50pm
Not just Trump MARBLE.The good ol boys are captives of the petro billionaires (the Koch boros will be going straight to Hell, if it exists) and their ranks contain numerous science (not just climate science) deniers.

There are many men and women of "faith" in the ranks though - and they show just how important it is to them by denying people basic medical attention,  and ensuring that the rich get wealthier and are given as soft a ride wrt taxation law and pursuit as is possible - for example. 

There are far too many similar issues to list here although one worth mentioning is the new con law overriding state law regarding carrying of concealed firearms. With any luck a few of the GOBs and NRA members will be on the receiving end of that piece of fwitted logic - that's the only way they will see reason, innocent members of the public are nothing more than irrelevant collateral damage.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:56pm

When the Climate change experts can tell me who created life.

I will definately listen to their "pie in the sky " reasoning on climate change, Global Warming , The Ice Age, Extreme weather events etc etc.

Not in their remit or area of expertise.

Nothing pie in the sky about (most) science Macca but they, I, and reason, can't make anyone open their minds let alone ACTUALLY do some reading on a topic they seem super-keen to add their usually ignorant and often fwitted opinions to. I call it wilful ignorance - which is inexcusable in this day and age. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I have said it before, and I will say it again.

The planet has been cooling down and warming up, long before humans existed, so yes global warming is happening. 

Is it the fault of humans? No.

Does human activity accelerate global warming? Perhaps.

Does global warming have any effect on climate change? Yes.

Is climate change more adverse to human populations, than global warming? Yes.

Why? Because if you have severe droughts, and extreme floods during your food growing periods, your ability to feed everyone is lost.

Is climate change reversible? No. Once you have a region of your country which is effected by prolonged, and extreme conditions, it is just about impossible to regain that productive land.

Should governments do something about climate change? What an idea. In Australia for instance you could develop a network of man made waterways, which divert flood waters to catchment facilities, and then pipe the water to areas which are drought prone.

This idea is not new. My home town of Goulburn, had some of the harshest water restriction in the country during the early part of this century. We now have water piped from a river which is feed by coastal waters to our east, so the water needs to be treated, but a virtually non stop supply of water, and since the pipeline has been operating in late 2013, our water supply has not dropped under 75%, and it is currently at 95% 

The government just needs to understand what will happen to Australia and actually do something about the issue, but I think there is more chance of hell freezing over, than that happening!

As far as the greens go, they are the modern day Arab terrorists from the 1970's, who hijacked planes and kidnapped those who they thought should be punished. People, who think fear, lies, exaggeration and doomsday statements and actions, will get people to start supporting them.

Good luck with that!   

You came unstuck with your first two statements Voyager, which show total ignorance of even the basic science, but the sweeping statements in your last par are an indictment of your own ignorance. Global warming isn't primarily about fresh water availability although anything which might shake the complacency out of a naval-gazing non-reader is a plus I guess.

The author of the thread has had his head up his @rse for a very long time. Apparently he still hasnt come to grips with the myriad non-Green, conservative governments throughout the world and the numerous businesses and business leaders who believe the issue is important enough to take serious action.

He also hasn't a clue about the numerous spinoffs - energy efficiency and conservation being just two - which have been brought about, at least in part, by climate science advice. Farmers and businesses have embraced the science (even if they don't think warming can be turned around significantly) 

The reason for his ignorance is obvious - he prefers proffering his own opinion to reading, but for obvious reasons you won't find him on climate science related forums. 

The choice is there. There are thousands of credible scientific and economic reports, commentaries and forums available for anyone interested in lifting the veil on their own ignorance.

It's got nothing to do with Climate stupidWink ... you seriously over estimate your "credible scientists" and your "governments around the world" ... but mostly your self.

Ironically, you mention the true culprits - businesses and business leaders - who are sucking the "governments around the world" - ie the tax paying citizens, since governments have no money - dry, making them pay for unreliable, unnecessary, unaffordable technologies. Especially when any half intelligent person realises that these technologies will eventually develop, and become practical and affordable, whether necessary or not.

So does this mean that our Mr Turnbull, whom you have already derided as a spineless fool, is now a genius? ... or is he just another example of the doe eyed sucker, mesmerised by the flashing lights and jingles, who had to be the first person on the block with a $5,000 mobile phone or a $20,000 big screen TV.

My question is simple.

Why does Australia need to be first adopter all of the costs and disruption of this crap, when it is acknowledged that it makes NO difference to the climate anyway? Confused

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:43pm
Your inanity knows no bounds as we know but your ignorance is fast catching up. Australia hasn't been at the forefront of climate action, nor do people with actual knowledge of climate, energy and economics acknowledge anything like you suggest. Hardly surprising since most of your comments are pulled from where the sun don't shine.

What are these "unreliable, unnecessary, unaffordable technologies" you write of? 
Can only think you're referring to outdated dirty coal power stations which no-one wants to invest in? Can't be solar panels/farms or wind power because as anyone who has read more than the neocon manifesto (or even travelled) knows they've been supplying significant power in countries across the globe for years.

But don't be shy in sharing your secret now, I'm in need of a good belly laugh after reading some of your other comments.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:06pm
Good to see that you have realised that you will need to do much better with your insults, because your grasp of the facts is so feeble.Thumbs Up

There are 1,600 "outdated dirty coal power stations which no-one wants to invest in" being invested in around the world as we speak.

They are vital, since the power generated by the sun and wind is not reliable enough to deliver the energy needed to fabricate, deliver, build and commission wind mills and solar panels - let alone the impossibly expensive (to talk about) "batteries" that they rely on anyway.LOL 

How much did South Australians (I mean Australians who subsidise South Australia) spend on Diesel Generators and the fossil fuels to run them, in preparation for this "rrrrrenooouble" summer?Clap

Just what ARE you reading, apart from The Guardian and transcripts of the past decade of Q&A shows?Confused

So as a percentage, just how much total power generation world wide, does wind and solar account for? ... not really all that "significant" is it ... Ouch
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:42pm
Voyager... I note you mention Goulburn ..    My parents came from the area ... I   played some hockey in the area in the 1950's .    Dad from Golspie   , via Teralga ,   other family   Crookwell .
I still have friends and contacts there ...     was close to Boxers Murt Gray--   Ray Smith ---   Bill Mitchell   ( died a few months ago )
   Kenmore & Gaol staff ( NO NO I wasn't locked up )
many a story of younger days in that area. ...?? any bells ring
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:12am

Voyager... I note you mention Goulburn ..    My parents came from the area ... I   played some hockey in the area in the 1950's .    Dad from Golspie   , via Teralga ,   other family   Crookwell .
I still have friends and contacts there ...     was close to Boxers Murt Gray--   Ray Smith ---   Bill Mitchell   ( died a few months ago )
Talking about bells ringing Macca....I'm waiting for round 3 to start between 3bm & Dr E. Evenly graded - & both have an "almost" perfect record. Get the popcorn & dictionaries out - this sort of match up doesn't come along too often !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:54am
Interesting timing around all of this.

Senate rejects Murray-Darling Basin Plan changes as Labor backs Greens, NSW Government prepares to withdraw

By national rural reporter Brett Worthington and Caitlyn Gribbin

Updated about 10 hours ago

The Senate has voted to block the Federal Government's changes to the Murray-Darling Basin Plan, which could jeopardise the whole agreement.

The Greens have successfully convinced Labor to help block changes to the plan, which would have reduced the amount of water being returned to the environment in southern Queensland and northern New South Wales.more....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-14/senate-rejects-murray-darling-basin-changes/9447876

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:47am
Great news, better put your coal fired car order on hold Doc, apparently batteries are the future....who knew??

Fully Charged: Renewables and Storage Powering Australia

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Talking about bells ringing Macca....I'm waiting for round 3 to start between 3bm & Dr E. Evenly graded - & both have an "almost" perfect record. Get the popcorn & dictionaries out - this sort of match up doesn't come along too often !

Thanks 11. The ultimate insult for anyone capable of rational, adult, thought. 

Until he actually does some reading on topics he comments about he will always be a puerile dullard. As the old adage goes best to be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm same. It's one thing to be informed but blinded by ideology, entirely another to avoid information, eschew fact AND let your prejudices override the few bits of grey matter which might be still working, more or less.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:21am

Good to see that you have realised that you will need to do much better with your insults, because your grasp of the facts is so feeble.Thumbs Up

There are 1,600 "outdated dirty coal power stations which no-one wants to invest in" being invested in around the world as we speak.

They are vital, since the power generated by the sun and wind is not reliable enough to deliver the energy needed to fabricate, deliver, build and commission wind mills and solar panels - let alone the impossibly expensive (to talk about) "batteries" that they rely on anyway.LOL 

How much did South Australians (I mean Australians who subsidise South Australia) spend on Diesel Generators and the fossil fuels to run them, in preparation for this "rrrrrenooouble" summer?Clap

Just what ARE you reading, apart from The Guardian and transcripts of the past decade of Q&A shows?Confused

So as a percentage, just how much total power generation world wide, does wind and solar account for? ... not really all that "significant" is it ... Ouch

Energy supply and demand is a complex and nuanced topic, clearly far too complex for the likes of you to be waffling about on a forum - as your comments above so adequately demonstrate. Some poorer countries are indeed investing in coal generated power, esp those with ample reserves of the raw material. Good to see you get something right, sort of. Here's just one tiny bit of info on the current situation in China for example:

http://reneweconomy.com.au/china-halts-150-coal-fired-power-plants-84937/

But back to your original statement and my follow up comment. Once again a response seems to have eluded that steel trap of yours. Let me ask again:

What are these "unreliable, unnecessary, unaffordable technologies" you write of?  Further, how are they unreliable, unnecessary and unaffordable? 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
While you're giving those thought processes a workout, and after you've elaborated on your throw away line above, I'd be interested (okay that's not even vaguely true) in your take on the myriad "non-Green-Leftist" businesses and political parties which have embraced climate science and are moving forward on the basis of the knowledge generated. 

Presumably they aren't all also "liars" and aren't so naive as to be able to be duped by a UN/Green/Leftie conspiracy - a conspiracy you'd have us believe involves thousand s of reputable scientists worldwide who are, according to you, inventing "stuff" simply to keep themselves in jobs? Did I mention puerile rubbish before?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:16pm
YES   1-1 ..
Both good value ....     But RAT is placing a lot of faith in READING.

He has to hope , who ever wrote what he reads knew what he was talking about
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:45pm

YES   1-1 ..

and I  thought reading was good for you - at least thats what told my kids
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

LOL Don't take any silly odds about me winning anything!

I can't compete when they stick their fingers in their ears and go "Rrrreeeeeeee!"... and of course, don't forget ... "the science is settled"!Wacko
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:01pm

YES   1-1 ..

When you have the money, you can write a lot of stuff that the naive voracious reader will devour with gusto, and then regurgitate on command for you ... sh!te in sh!te out.Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm

While you're giving those thought processes a workout, and after you've elaborated on your throw away line above, I'd be interested (okay that's not even vaguely true) in your take on the myriad "non-Green-Leftist" businesses and political parties which have embraced climate science and are moving forward on the basis of the knowledge generated. 

Presumably they aren't all also "liars" and aren't so naive as to be able to be duped by a UN/Green/Leftie conspiracy - a conspiracy you'd have us believe involves thousand s of reputable scientists worldwide who are, according to you, inventing "stuff" simply to keep themselves in jobs? Did I mention puerile rubbish before?

Covered in previous posts ad nauseam ... try taking a beta blocker before you read my posts.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:10pm
Those who blindly accept the Climate change religion are probably knocking on doors in their spare time ,    trying to convince the multitudes that the Jehovah Witness writers have science on their side and The Catholics and Protestants have it all wrong.      IT'S IN TH BOOK.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:17pm

Energy supply and demand is a complex and nuanced topic, clearly far too complex for the likes of you to be waffling about on a forum - as your comments above so adequately demonstrate. Some poorer countries are indeed investing in coal generated power, esp those with ample reserves of the raw material. Good to see you get something right, sort of. Here's just one tiny bit of info on the current situation in China for example:

http://reneweconomy.com.au/china-halts-150-coal-fired-power-plants-84937/

But back to your original statement and my follow up comment. Once again a response seems to have eluded that steel trap of yours. Let me ask again:

What are these "unreliable, unnecessary, unaffordable technologies" you write of?  Further, how are they unreliable, unnecessary and unaffordable? 

Energy supply and demand is a complex and nuanced topic - That's what the arrogant elitists who argue that "the science is settled" and it must be right because it has been "peer reviewed" (greatest hoax of all time) rely upon, glad you mentioned it.Clap

Some poorer countries are indeed investing in coal generated power, esp those with ample reserves of the raw material - hmm, kinda makes your raving commentary fall to bits, doesn't it.Embarrassed

What are these "unreliable, unnecessary, unaffordable technologies" you write of?Further, how are they unreliable, unnecessary and unaffordable?    - I didn't expect to be giving you a comprehension lesson (well I did really), but - wind and solar, they are not reliable, we don't need them as they do nothing to change outcomes here, and they are at least 7 times more expensive than filthy coal - I hate having to school you, but there you go. Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>