Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:28pm
I think with the finals getting close , some self preservation has defence being neglected.
These huge scores are puzzling.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 3:58am
Billy Salter set to announce his retirement at 1pm tomorrow, or today as it is!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 3:59am
Billy Slater, that is.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 9:34am
How far away is Cameron Smith's announcement?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I wish someone would give me a 2 year contract than sack me and pay me out after 10 months.Tongue

SuperCoach Gould did the same thing with Cleary- paid for a 12 month holiday. He's a generous man.

Now he wants to sign Cleary again, involving a massive payout to the Tigers.Wacko SuperCoach Gould is a SuperKlutzGus administrator.Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:13am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 3:48pm
   The big pat on the back to league is they are winning the punters to League by not causing the commission 0f 2.5% to rise as Racing is destroying much of their following ... 10% NSW.
    The hex of hell on them & V'Landy.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

All games except Storm/Sharks meet my criteria to play the PtsBet promo this week. I won’t be playing them all though as this will likely result in bet reductions or even possibly having the promo removed from my account given the ongoing success. Will advise exactly which games I am playing but at this stage likely to be Cowboys/Broncos, Titans/Panthers, Manly/Bulldogs & Raiders/Tigers.

Ok here they are. Playing the following this week:

Cowboys/Broncos (already on Cowboys 2.25 with PtsBet yesterday & Broncs 1.7 with UBET yesterday - UBET is all money back I’d lose by 6 or less)
Rabbits/Roosters
Titans/Panthers
SeaEagles/Bulldogs
Raiders/Tigers

All these will be played by backing the outsider with PtsBet and the fav elsewhere. Most favs will be backed using UBET money back for lose by 6 or less promo. Some will be backed partially or entirely with other books where the price is much better than UBET.

As mentioned ALL games have a profitable expectation when played like this using be PtsBet promo. ALL games other than the Storm/Sharks game meet my personal criteria for playing. I simply reduce the number I play for longevity reasons.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 9:20pm
This one is for the oldies- Ken Irvine or Mal Meninga- who do you rate higher as a player?

I read Paul Kelly from The Australian saying Irvine was better. I never saw Ken Irvine so I can't say for sure but looking at his height/weight- 5'8" 12 st 4lbs- I reckon he would get smashed playing today, while Mal would be a star in any era.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:36pm
Saw Irvine live many times, he was essentially a winger , different body shape to big Mal, who was huge compared to Irvine who was a typical non steroidal lean mean sprinting machine , ran 100 yds in 9-3, sec. raced a good racehorse one day at Kembla called Gili, a gimmick , horse to quick, big Mal built like three quarter Harry Wells who played same position, Mal a far better overall player imo, but would never beat Irvine in a sprint, nor could many others, Ian Moir (Souths) comes close.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:51pm

All games except Storm/Sharks meet my criteria to play the PtsBet promo this week. I won’t be playing them all though as this will likely result in bet reductions or even possibly having the promo removed from my account given the ongoing success. Will advise exactly which games I am playing but at this stage likely to be Cowboys/Broncos, Titans/Panthers, Manly/Bulldogs & Raiders/Tigers.

Cowboys/Broncos (already on Cowboys 2.25 with PtsBet yesterday & Broncs 1.7 with UBET yesterday - UBET is all money back I’d lose by 6 or less) = +$125
Rabbits/Roosters
Titans/Panthers
SeaEagles/Bulldogs
Raiders/Tigers

All these will be played by backing the outsider with PtsBet and the fav elsewhere. Most favs will be backed using UBET money back for lose by 6 or less promo. Some will be backed partially or entirely with other books where the price is much better than UBET.

As mentioned ALL games have a profitable expectation when played like this using be PtsBet promo. ALL games other than the Storm/Sharks game meet my personal criteria for playing. I simply reduce the number I play for longevity reasons.

Crazy game! Cowboys try with 3min to go wasn’t ideal but 2nd best result with all Broncos stake returned as cash. +$125
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:28am
Thought I was home with the Bronco's 12 in front with not long to go.

The scoring has been so unpredictable . & high.

Taking advantage of the offers has been a bonanza for the professionals.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Thought I was home with the Bronco's 12 in front with not long to go.

The scoring has been so unpredictable . & high.

Taking advantage of the offers has been a bonanza for the professionals.

Me too. I was happy to see the 1st cowboys try as it took them over the 20pt mark and when he missed the conversion they were still 8 behind which was beautiful! gelati happens though and you can’t win them all. I did benefit from Manly conceding 4 trys in 7 min a couple of weeks ago so can’t complain.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Saw Irvine live many times, he was essentially a winger , different body shape to big Mal, who was huge compared to Irvine who was a typical non steroidal lean mean sprinting machine , ran 100 yds in 9-3, sec. raced a good racehorse one day at Kembla called Gili, a gimmick , horse to quick, big Mal built like three quarter Harry Wells who played same position, Mal a far better overall player imo, but would never beat Irvine in a sprint, nor could many others, Ian Moir (Souths) comes close.

Totally different game today Croca .     Those hero's of years ago would struggle to get a game today.
   St George had to win year after year as they had all the good players.
As an old full back I would have died in the arz to have Mal Maninga coming at me at full steam...   His thighs were like telegraph poles ...   I can't give a comparison as i've never been hit by a train.
League with it's salary cap and the pace of the game is a brutal encounter.
   The old game was like today's ,but being played in slow motion.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Totally different game today Croca .     Those hero's of years ago would struggle to get a game today.
   St George had to win year after year as they had all the good players.
As an old full back I would have died in the arz to have Mal Maninga coming at me at full steam...   His thighs were like telegraph poles ...   I can't give a comparison as i've never been hit by a train.
League with it's salary cap and the pace of the game is a brutal encounter.
   The old game was like today's ,but being played in slow motion.

There's a lot of truth in what you say Macca, and I respect your opinion, there are things today that make the game so much ( or appears so) faster, they play on billiard table like grounds, sythetic balls, not leather, have synthetic shorts up there arse not daggy ones hanging round their knees, short sleeved guernsey's ( also synthetic) , they have " trainers" running around on the field after them with a bottle of water or a hankie to blow their nose on , they play for 20 mins then have rest, after the game a hot sauna, rub down, nutritionists waiting on them hand and foot , get driven home in business class a/c bus drinking what ya like , they don't work, play pro football, some on a mill. p/y, not like one of my favourites Noel Kelly, his mate picked him up 12-30 pm from the butcher shop sat. morn in his ute straight to the SCG to play, worked 5 1/2 days a week and trained once a week, I'd rather watch him mate than two thirds of the Prima donna's that play today , I know I cling on to the past but I've seen both sides of the penny and I know which one I prefer best, there ain't many immortals in this lot.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:39pm
Oh, and I forgot those lovely chamois type patent leather football shoes , they look so light lol, not the heavy old water logged type that made you feel like playing in steel caps.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:42pm

Oh, and I forgot those lovely chamois type patent leather football shoes , they look so light lol, not the heavy old water logged type that made you feel like playing in steel caps.

lol   I was a little tongue in cheek . as yo know Croca.
When Reg Gasnier was at his best he was a rep for ETA as his Job.

What would he earn today.

I'll settle for a draw.      

I need Easts up with 9 minutes to go.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:59pm

Cowboys/Broncos (already on Cowboys 2.25 with PtsBet yesterday & Broncs 1.7 with UBET yesterday - UBET is all money back I’d lose by 6 or less) = +$125
Rabbits/Roosters = +$92
Titans/Panthers
SeaEagles/Bulldogs
Raiders/Tigers

Crazy game! Cowboys try with 3min to go wasn’t ideal but 2nd best result with all Broncos stake returned as cash. +$125

2nd best result again with Rabbits losing by less than 6. $100 cash back on then. Profit $92
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:46am
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:29pm
Well the roosters got the money Macca, good luck today on the punt.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:49pm
Souths were well below their best, played a man down after a minute, and Sam Burgess had a shocker again ... and they still should have won.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Souths were well below their best, played a man down after a minute, and Sam Burgess had a shocker again ... and they still should have won.

Dropped ball cost em Doc, not good enough for a grand final contender , they'll have to lift. Imo.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:13pm
Panthers in the great escape again!...Cleary misses penalty on full time to make it 18-16, then kicks golden point win 35 yards out 17-16 win, dunno what to make of this lot, but Cleary's a winner.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:23pm

Rabbits/Roosters = +$92
Titans/Panthers = -$20
SeaEagles/Bulldogs
Raiders/Tigers

2nd best result again with Rabbits losing by less than 6. $100 cash back on then. Profit $92

Unfortunate try at the end there and subsequent golden point field goal. -$20.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:26pm
Still got two results to go? EE.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:55pm

Panthers in the great escape again!...Cleary misses penalty on full time to make it 18-16, then kicks golden point win 35 yards out 17-16 win, dunno what to make of this lot, but Cleary's a winner.

Never in doubt LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Never in doubt LOL

More tea on the damn carpet!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:29pm
Got the fillet early with the races .... Got Manly up, so all I need now is ST George for a real good day.
Surely the wooden spooners can't put egg on face.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:35pm
I've been just watching the Greek Adonnis strolling around the dressing room (de belin) , got my doubts about him , hmmm,
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:11pm
ST George in big trouble

5 penalties in quick time early gives opps NO chance .

Refs are damaging league = big time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>