Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 12:17am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

This week I’m playing:

Dragons/Warriors = +$134
Eels/Titans = -$12
Roosters/Cowboys = +$451
Sharks/SeaEagles
Panthers/Raiders

Back the outsider with PtsBet & the fav with someone else preferable using some other promo. Looking for both teams to score over 20 with fav winning. Currently UBET have money back if you lose by 6 or less so that’s where I am likely going with my favourite bets.

The other games don’t meet my criteria to play. They are all still a profitable play but lower chance of hitting and also playing every game will reduce promo-longevity with PtsBet

Dragons lose by 6 so 2nd best result there getting cash back on most of the stake. +$134

Anyone else playing this promo yet? One of the best of all time.

Eels/Titans no good -$12
Roosters/Cowbkys perfect! +$451

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 1:10am
You have the game sown up E&E, well done.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

It’s just a couple of promos mate. Nothing too groundbreaking. Still languishing mid-table in my tipping comp.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 9:59am
Can't wait to see Souffs take on the Rorters next week
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 1:17pm

Certainly a good example of playing to win.

I can never understand people who claim to be getting entertained by losing money every week.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 6:37pm
C'mon panthers, they will tire, you'll be too quick for this mob.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 7:05pm
Not looking good mate Shocked
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:04pm

C'mon panthers, they will tire, you'll be too quick for this mob.

Phew!!....golly gosh lol, well done you champions.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:09pm
Tlazolteotl

Have a watch and listen to Cameron Munster on Matty Johns Sunday Night show and tell me what you think is going on there.

Beer
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:09pm
Never in doubt ShockedLOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Never in doubt ShockedLOL

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Tlazolteotl

Have a watch and listen to Cameron Munster on Matty Johns Sunday Night show and tell me what you think is going on there.

Beer

That sounds like it's on pay tv- I don't pay for tv.Thumbs Down Speaking of which, I read in today's paper that Sky News is coming to regional free-to-air on channel 53. Hurrah Party LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Certainly a good example of playing to win.

I can never understand people who claim to be getting entertained by losing money every week.

I can understand it. It is entertaining by its nature. Having money on a game always adds something to it. And really, what are the 95+% of gamblers who lose doing it for? The addicted ones can’t help themselves but the rest must know they can’t win. Years of losing proves that. In fact, many don’t think ANYONE can win. You only have to look at the mathematical illiterate we had on another thread telling me that talk of me winning was BS. This despite the many specific plays I have mentioned to help people win.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:51pm

This week I’m playing:

Dragons/Warriors = +$134
Eels/Titans = -$12
Roosters/Cowboys = +$451
Sharks/SeaEagles = +$83
Panthers/Raiders = +$263

Back the outsider with PtsBet & the fav with someone else preferable using some other promo. Looking for both teams to score over 20 with fav winning. Currently UBET have money back if you lose by 6 or less so that’s where I am likely going with my favourite bets.

The other games don’t meet my criteria to play. They are all still a profitable play but lower chance of hitting and also playing every game will reduce promo-longevity with PtsBet

Dragons lose by 6 so 2nd best result there getting cash back on most of the stake. +$134

Anyone else playing this promo yet? One of the best of all time.

Eels/Titans no good -$12
Roosters/Cowbkys perfect! +$451

I was nearly a Manly fan there until they kicked a field goal in golden point. A brain fade meant I only got $100 of my Sharks bet back from UBET but still +$83 for the game.

Another beautiful result in the other game though. Can always count on Canberra to capitulate. +$263 there.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 9:09pm
Had a nice little clean up on the Panthers today. $4.85 at half time. Money for jam against that pathetic Canberra rabble. Seeing Ricky's screwed up little face was icing on the cake. Surely he's got to go - the bloke cannot coach
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:27pm
Penrith have booted coach Anthony Griffin. Not wanted next season.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:46pm
Nor wanted for the rest of this season by all accounts.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:51pm
I am not sure of the reasons PT, but this does not reflect well in Gould.

This stinks of his ego. Two coaches have gone, he hired Griffin, whom I think he thought he could control, and if the talk is right he is puting a flunky in Cameron Ciraldo in the position now.

If he 2wants the job, just bloody take it and stop embarrassing people like Ivan cleary, so he can soothe his ego, by showing us all that he can runs the place.

This is exactly what would happen if the Broncos take up Bennett's plan to become the football manager in 2020, the head coach under him would not stand a chance.

All these coaches and former players and coaches who say the club is more important than any one person, and then want to show everyone how long their Johnson is by firing head coaches, are hypocrites.

Ivan Cleary should never have been let go, one of the reasons Gus will not stand in Cleary's way if he wants to join his dad at the Tigers, and he is now reaping what he sowed.

I do not think Griffin is a particularly good head coach, butt to get rid of a coach on the edge of the finals, when your team is near the top four, is just beyond my comprehension.   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:54pm
That is how pissed off I was, I made about twenty grammatic and spelling mistakes, which is not unusual, so just ignore them.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:56pm
Don't know the situation as well as you Voyager, however suspect few would disagree with your opinion of Gould.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 7:07pm
Mixture of butting heads with Gould and some players, and unwillingness to listen to advice or suggestions from anyone according to Danny Weidler.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

That is how pissed off I was, I made about twenty grammatic and spelling mistakes, which is not unusual, so just ignore them.

I can't spell and my Granm'as aint that bad, so I'll agree Voyager.

I think Gould is a 1st class goose.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Had a nice little clean up on the Panthers today. $4.85 at half time. Money for jam against that pathetic Canberra rabble. Seeing Ricky's screwed up little face was icing on the cake. Surely he's got to go - the bloke cannot coach

I believe th ere are quite a few winning gamblers on TBV.

NO names no Court cases but several stand out like a bikini at a funeral.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 8:55pm
I'm a Panther supporter & I too think the whole thing stinks. Both should have gone last year after the way they completely cocked the season up. The way they handled the Moylan issue was pathetic. They make a kid captain - put a halo on his head - & then dragged him through the mud when he steps out of line. He gets dirty on the club - & the end result is the teams best attacking player sitting in the grandstand in the finals when the team struggles to score a point (remember Moylan said he was good to play only to be sent off to a head doctor for further evaluation). Supporters deserved a lot better last season. And this season not much better. Have the best bunch of young players in the comp - & a heap more just ready to step up - & we will just scrape into the finals. Mickey Mouse could achieve that outcome without even trying. Remember it was Gould who made the big statements only a few years back. You know - don't expect too much for a year or two - we are about building a dynasty - to dominate the game for a decade so. Well its time Mr Gould - you've had your shot - & I'm still not seeing anything like a "dynasty" yet !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I can't spell and my Granm'as aint that bad, so I'll agree Voyager.

I think Gould is a 1st class goose.

No betting on that one!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:36am
So when did Genius SuperCoach Gould give Griffin the contract extension? What does he know now that he should have known then? Slow learner.Thumbs Down
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:31am
The Penrirth Coach has NOT been sacked, Gus is still running the show
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:09pm
I wish someone would give me a 2 year contract than sack me and pay me out after 10 months.Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:51pm
All games except Storm/Sharks meet my criteria to play the PtsBet promo this week. I won’t be playing them all though as this will likely result in bet reductions or even possibly having the promo removed from my account given the ongoing success. Will advise exactly which games I am playing but at this stage likely to be Cowboys/Broncos, Titans/Panthers, Manly/Bulldogs & Raiders/Tigers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I wish someone would give me a 2 year contract than sack me and pay me out after 10 months.Tongue

SuperCoach Gould did the same thing with Cleary- paid for a 12 month holiday. He's a generous man.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 38>