Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Dragons defence was a bit ordinary without 4 of the starting pack, and then losing another forward early on. I think the experiment of Nightingale as a forward might be shelved!Embarrassed

Very entertaining game, although meaningless. Well done to the Melbourne Fraud - they have more depth than the Dragons, but then they always have had, because they pay their players more than any other club.Ermm

What gave that away? 

The 52 points or something else?

Not a keen follower of the game CNNPT? ... must I school you on EVERYTHING!!!???Embarrassed

Actually this is a typical rightard response, when the answer is bleeding obvious, try convince all it's actually not that obvious and they're the only ones who really know.

So you have NFI either?Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Tough ask to night from the panthers, hope they can win because I like em .

Swab! Swab! Lol,lol,...somebody's been licking more than an ice scream lol, great win for the panthers , one man Wolfpack Jarome Luai , they are still GF material, wonder if Wallace is still in work for a cameo.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:45am
What a turnaround from the panthers.
No surprise seeing that Gus has been very vocal the past week about their form
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:10am
If the Storm have so much money why are they constantly letting top players go?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:11am
Salary cap. They have to comply these days.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

More about where the NZ "Boys" spent the night before.

Amazing what a truck load of XXXX & Tooheys New, will do for the Scoreboard.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

More about where the NZ "Boys" spent the night before.

Amazing what a truck load of XXXX & Tooheys New, will do for the Scoreboard.

Is that a guess or you have some intel?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Still paying off Craig, Cam and Billy's boats ... probably still paying off The Brick With Eyes' boat as well ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Still paying off Craig, Cam and Billy's boats ... probably still paying off The Brick With Eyes' boat as well ...

Ah, ..nothing like a straight bat, eh Mr Boycott.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:42pm
Panthers showing so much depth in the club. 5 SOO players out + Mansour + Wallace (ret) + Edwards + a few good boofy forwards & they were not missed. No wonder losing Cartwright didn't worry them to much. Good to see Waqa Blake back - enormous raps on him - almost quickest in the game I reckon. Question - did others find it hard to recognise him last night - looked totally different  - skinnier, hairstyle, demeanour ? Still just as quick thank Christ
Refer ALP Election Promises
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:24pm

Dragons defence was a bit ordinary without 4 of the starting pack, and then losing another forward early on. I think the experiment of Nightingale as a forward might be shelved!Embarrassed

Very entertaining game, although meaningless. Well done to the Melbourne Fraud - they have more depth than the Dragons, but then they always have had, because they pay their players more than any other club.Ermm

What gave that away? 

Not a keen follower of the game CNNPT? ... must I school you on EVERYTHING!!!???Embarrassed

Actually this is a typical rightard response, when the answer is bleeding obvious, try convince all it's actually not that obvious and they're the only ones who really know.

As PT said, if you let in 52 your defence obviously isn't going to well, even Abbott couldn't get that answer wrong.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:30pm
He is just having 1975 flashbacks Afros. Can see it slipping away again. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 4:06pm
Shrunk In The Wash;     NO NO NO ,   I'm just using logic.    Boys will be boys and unfortunately too many ladies are trying to be.

Had to be some outside influence for the Kiwi's to play so bad.

They were legless in the 2nd half and a night before on the "jelly beans" has always been a problem in the game, for the away side especially.

I'd like to see the Booze bus there for the "run on ".   
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 12:53am

What gave that away? 

As PT said, if you let in 52 your defence obviously isn't going to well, even Abbott couldn't get that answer wrong.

Here you go Afros, I expanded my comments for the naive part time follower of the game ... what part of this do you disagree with ...

Carioca, the Storm had mainly wingers and backs missing - as I said, Dragons were down 4 SOO  quality forwards, then lost one of those replacements, and with Nightingale doing a turnstile impersonation in the middle, they were literally 6 first grade quality forwards down after about 5 minutes. So to actually stay in touch as long as they did was an acceptable effort in a meaningless game. Again, the next 3 or 4 rounds will be full of upsets, the norm for this time of year, with players being brought back to club football mentally and physically.

As I said, The Fraud have always had great depth ... it's easy to attract all of the young talent if you can guarantee them that they will be playing with the best and highest paid players, and everyone who plays at the Fraud gets a SOO jumper and two contracts!

Cam Smith is a great player, and Bellamy a good coach, but they should forever be remembered as the chief conspirators in The Fraud ... took the money, like they all did, had the Premierships stripped, never apologised, and never accepted their guilt ... just cheats who were happy to screw the opposition, the game and the fans for their own benefit ... sorry, cant try to steal all of the trinkets and the accolades and then ignore the judges decision when you get caught.Embarrassed 

The price can never be paid, due to cost to every other NRL club who played by the rules, but could never match the money they were paying to attract talent - again, they screwed ever stakeholder in the game, and showed no contrition, and claim to this day that they were the true Premiers, and did nothing wrong - we don't need a Melbourne Fraud in the NRL, should have been disbanded, the game would be far better without them and the Warriors.

Do I sound like CNNPT ranting about Trump? ... difference is that the Fraud were guilty.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 1:02am

He is just having 1975 flashbacks Afros. Can see it slipping away again. 

If we go into the Grand Final with a full forward pack missing, 0-38 would be a good outcome!

Just like every other year, the two teams who can get through the next month, stay in the top 4, and field their strongest roster during the finals series will be likely to play off for the trophy.

All that this weekend's games have proven is that Penrith (due to massive junior base) and The Fraud (due to fraud) have excellent depth, and it is hard to compete when you have a virtual pack of forwards out. Also, The Warriors, like the Suns and GWS in the AFL, are soulless clubs, only there to ensure wall to wall pay TV games, and are otherwise wasting everyone's time and money and are detrimental to the legitimacy of their respective codes.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 1:28am
    Very open this premiership 2018....   
For strange feelings I keep coming back to Easts as the big improver.
Storm can never be ruled out and if Slater is not carrying injury ,   will be hard to beat.
I haven't been a St George Fan but they have some class in there.
Penrith , Bronco's , NO ...      Souths , ? unders IMHO.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
Please,,,,anyone but Manly or the Rabbits.
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm
Anyone but Souths, Rorters, Storm, Brisbane, Manly, Saints, Warriors

EAD
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm
I forgot the Sharks
EAD
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:11am
Looks like the Warriors could be the team to fall out of the eight.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:17pm
Some club should sign up that midget lady who went all the way in this round of the NINJA show last night.
All of about 3 ft 9 inches and maybe 40 K ... I coudn't believe my eyes .
Unbelievable performance ...
-------------------

I've got the good price NSW tonight ... Just short of 2/1 ( By way of Trading )
I can't warm to Evans being in this Qld Team....    He has to improve some on his past efforts or NSW will win by 40.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:31am
Those Cane Toads sure work themselves into a muck lather easily!Ermm

dead rubber.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:43am
Slater got man of series... Hmmm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:13am
Flippin 'eck,,,,Maloney was a walking f-up tonight.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Slater got man of series... Hmmm

I'm a red hot Qld supporter but I don't bet with my heart.

That was a very strange betting market ,   all most punters wanted to do was lay NSW and back Qld.       I smelt a RAT .     The game put lie to that really but no team can defend & overcome a 7 to 1 penalty count   ( until the final 10 minutes ).
The best team won , aided by too many questionable penalties.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:36am
Slater got man of the Series. Hmmmm   :-     What a laugh.

The NRL are masters of comedy.....    Billy plays 2 Games in the losing side and gets " Man of the Series ".

I would have given that to the Referee..
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:04am
Man of the series ..Billy Slater lololol, what a joke, plays two games and wins it

Damien Cook should have won that by panels, every game he was awesome
EAD
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Man of the series ..Billy Slater lololol, what a joke, plays two games and wins it

Damien Cook should have won that by panels, every game he was awesome

Absolutely.
Cook played his best game last night too.

His defensive efforts (along with Cordner and Co) were all better than Slater's.

A reminder of the days when Wally Lewis only had to turn up to get man of the match.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:04pm
A few in here need to take the blinkers off. Queensland backed off the map for one reason - they should have been favourites in the first place. Dead rubber, played at home, Slaters last game - well hello ! As expected Mitchells poor defensive read let in the decisive try
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

A few in here need to take the blinkers off. Queensland backed off the map for one reason - they should have been favourites in the first place. Dead rubber, played at home, Slaters last game - well hello ! As expected Mitchells poor defensive read let in the decisive try
I would add that if body language of both teams just before kick-off means anything Qld were always going to win. Continued into the match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 38>