Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

It as quite simple really. Aside from Kafusi the qld pack offered nothing. They are a big bopper short.
Matt Scott will be straight back in if he has a decent game this week. Papalli has to start as well

I agree Kafusi had a good game.
The forward that went missing was Napa.Surely he won't have 2 ordinary games in a row.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

& the penalty count was 4 to 1 AGAINST QLD - so NSW were hardly hard done by ! Make a group booking with that eye doctor will you Scamanda - & get him to check for colour blindness while your at it !

I said the penalty count went against Qld.
So yes I better make that extra booking for you.Wink
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 2:08pm
i'm a qld'er and can see a nsw whitewash coming up - nsw will take massive improvement from that game. Cleary will just get better
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
Turbo Tom clearly bounced over the line if you bother to watch it in real time. Not slow mo

Anyone who thinks that Munster had made @ tackle on Turbo has rocks in their head

Maloney’s pass for the try wasn’t forward. People need to read the rule book. It was a legitimate pass
Any comment on the 2 forward passes leading up to the maroons try

NSW, just too good in what was a tight game. No need to squeal excuses
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

the ham burger brothers are so over rated, they way they get talked up you would think souths were a top team

I see the intelligence level of this site hasn't improved...

Evil Smile

And you are still a dedicated one eyed souths supporter Wink  Which is OK.  Everyone is allowed to be a dedicated supporter of their team. Thumbs Up

the original comment had nothing whatsoever to do with team bias...

your comment only highlights what I wrote... Cool
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Booted from the NRL.

I cannot believe you used that as an argument....does your hatred of a great club override common sense...

??????

pathetic...Dead
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:17pm

Booted from the NRL.

Who by?

The NRL in 1999

The NRL

You’re smarter than that

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL   touche...

I rest my case...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Ha - what a fudge photo. When he started to promote the ball there were hangs on him - which constitutes a double movement. Watch the replay

nope...he was clear of tacklers...

but you are right about the Gagai strip...definite Qld penalty...

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:22pm

the ham burger brothers are so over rated, they way they get talked up you would think souths were a top team

Evil Smile

And you are still a dedicated one eyed souths supporter Wink  Which is OK.  Everyone is allowed to be a dedicated supporter of their team. Thumbs Up

You might fool some of us, but not all of us.   Team bias comment stands, and please dont try to tell me you are smarter than me LOL
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:26pm

Evil Smile

You might fool some of us, but not all of us.   Team bias comment stands, and please dont try to tell me you are smarter than me LOL

I know I am smarter than you...but dream on...

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:46am
Double movement, forward pass, strip, hammered in the penalties, Queensland were robbed ... 

YEP!Big smile

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:15pm

Evil Smile

Ahh,,,, the arrogance of the inner city latte sippers LOL
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:59pm
Panthers for mine to beat the Raiders, no GI or Gagai for the bunnies, won't make any difference, too good, they have found a coach and they have found themselves imo.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:01pm
I took the Panthers all up the Rabbits
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:09pm
Rabbits to win but hopefully concede 20+ as well.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:57pm
Wonder if this will help the QUEENSLANDERS!!!

Cameron Smith Offers To Come Out Of Retirement To Referee Game II

In sensational Rugby League news, The Betoota Advocate can reveal that Cameron Smith has offered to come out of retirement for State of Origin 2.

Speaking exclusively to us this morning, Smith said that he has thought long and hard about the decision, but feels like he needs to return to the fold in a couple of weeks time.

“It’s not a decision I have made lightly,” Smith said.

“After watching Game One last night, I was appalled at the state of refereeing and felt like I should throw myself back into the fray.”

Smith said that he has spoken to the head of the Referee’s Association about his change of mind, and informed them that he will be available for Game 2 in Sydney if they will allow him back.

We asked Smith whether he would also be coming out of retirement to play in Game 2 and 3, but he brushed the suggestions aside.

“Nah mate, my playing days for Queensland are over,” he said.

“But I do feel like I can keep contributing to the game in terms of taking the whistle backup and resurrecting the series for the Maroons.”

More to come.

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 3:37pm
Haha, your good doc, very good, how many wooden spoons have you got?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:05pm
Well I'm going to enjoy this game to night, I think Parra will come out with all guns blazing and try to disrupt the bunnies rythmn, ( I could well be wrong, who cares) won't make any difference , bunnies too good and on their merry way , coach gotta keep em grounded, their grand final opponents fire up agin the chooks in 24 h, great to watch, GL punters.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:22pm
Bunnies should lap them....should
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Well I'm going to enjoy this game to night, I think Parra will come out with all guns blazing and try to disrupt the bunnies rythmn, ( I could well be wrong, who cares) won't make any difference , bunnies too good and on their merry way , coach gotta keep em grounded, their grand final opponents fire up agin the chooks in 24 h, great to watch, GL punters.

Shouldn't that read...their grand final opponents the Chooks fire up in 24 hours?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:46pm

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Shouldn't that read...their grand final opponents the Chooks fire up in 24 hours?

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:32pm

Evil Smile

Ahh,,,, the arrogance of the inner city latte sippers LOL

hate coffee...hate cafes...next?

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:35pm

ready to re-assess that yet?

Wink
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:59am
Surprised no one has mentioned the Watmough podcast where he tears Cherry Evans a new one.

Mind you everything he said was spot on.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:04pm
Having had my biggest bet for some time on Souths last night @ $1.27.
I was not thrilled with them early and even at half time there was $1.33 readily available Souths.
God bless them for the final score but to seriously rate them as premiership hopes , I find that difficult.
Pathetic in the early stages of that match and anyone but the worst team Rugby league has seen in decades , would not have let them off the hook.
Over 60 points scored , should tell a story.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm
And I agree with you Macca, don't look like grand finalists to me , Inglis can be ordinary, always thinking about the burgess purgess lol, they have to lift their game , gagai quiet as well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:03pm
5 tries scored against them by the team with the worst attacking record in the league.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:16pm
LOL, they are champions.  Just ask Jujuno LOL
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:17pm
Ya don't have to remind me ya know lol, I watched it too .
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:53pm
Only 3 genuine chances now. Panthers, Sharks & Melbourne. Leaning towards Penrith - they have so much depth it just isn't funny
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 38>