Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:08pm
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:10pm
the difference...one was on a Burgi, one was done by a Burgi...

guess who got suspended?

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:43pm
At the moment I am speechless LOL  If you say you have Ref papers I believe you.  It just amazes me that you can run around a a footy field for 80 mins with your asthma and all the other medical problems you say suffer from .
Burgi ??  Shocked  You make him sound like something that runs out of kid,s noses LOL  
What ?  Do we have Burgi 1 and Burgi 2 and Burgi 3 ??? Cry
Stick up for him all you like, he is still a thug.   Just MHO and I am entitled to it.
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
You’re entitled to be wrong and doing a good job of it
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

At the moment I am speechless LOL  If you say you have Ref papers I believe you.  It just amazes me that you can run around a a footy field for 80 mins with your asthma and all the other medical problems you say suffer from .
Burgi ??  Shocked  You make him sound like something that runs out of kid,s noses LOL  
Stick up for him all you like, he is still a thug.   Just MHO and I am entitled to it.

Burgi being plural of Burgess There are 3 of them.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:55pm
typical Souths performance after a good win last week...Reynolds another shocker and heaven knows why we chased Gagai...Inglis, after a speedy try last week, looked pedestrian, as he had in earlier games... 

John Sutton, oldest player out there, only one to do his job well...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 12:10am

I don't still referee (shakes head in amazement at such a ridiculous assumption)...I haven't for years, since I tore my ACL in my knee, skiing, and had to retire...I didn't get asthma until after I turned 40 (an hereditary problem from my father's side)... I love the "you say you suffer from" line...would you like a list?  they all exist, like my ref's licence, and I battle through them with more guts than you would ever give credit...AngryAngryAngry

my legacy is we now have women running the line in first grade...and I am proud I forged the path for them...

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:29am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

[QUOTE=Dr E] The game would be far richer without the Storm ...and the Warriors in fact ... neither of them in any way represents the tradition of the Australian National Rugby League. UNQUOTE]

Absolutely correct Doc, given the traditional lauding of "big" but callous hits, excessive alcohol consumption, rampant sexism and attendant sexual abuse, and eternal blokism that will forever ever entirely characterize Rugby League.

Of course you would agree that the same applies to AFL

I will say that the AFL is slightly less sexist than RL...they have far more female reporters and commentators, though one still senses awkwardness in the interaction with their male counterparts...

you want blokism...when I rang the Eastern Suburbs referee's association to tell them I was assigned to them, the reaction was dumb silence when I revealed I was a woman...I think the person on the other end of the phone fainted...

Wink 

Nothing wrong with female refs for women's games - they make excellent goal umpires in AFL too.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:37am

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

that photo shows clearly that Sam's elbow is on his upper chest...not on his neck...unless Josh is weirdly shaped...

You are too biased to comment jj, and that's OK too, but you just don't want to believe your eyes.

The cut of the collar of the modern jersey is designed to minimise the chances of the tackler getting a grasp - they will be painted on soon!

You can clearly see that the elbow hits the soft spot between the collar bone and the Adams Apple - exactly where the cut of the jersey sits (look at Woods) - and if you don't think that a decent blow in that spot will shorten you up, you never played and you don't understand contact sports ... and maybe that's why you were a successful referee ...Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:38am
Thugby League.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 12:45pm
I love the "you say you suffer from" line...would you like a list?

No need, JJ. Thumbs Up  I still have the list you sent me years ago, that I consult sometimes,  which is why I was quite astounded when you said you raced around the field for 80 mins.  If you havnt Reffed in years I would think lots of rules have changed since then , and the on field cameras have improved greatly since your day  ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

You’re entitled to be wrong and doing a good job of it

Cant be right all the time, like you Wink
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:35pm
Jujuno refereed the 1973 Grand Final.Ouch
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:53pm
The Novacastrians to win, then the Panthers to beat the doggies for the start of a happy w/e, good luck to all having a punt.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:07pm

No need, JJ. Thumbs Up  I still have the list you sent me years ago, that I consult sometimes,  which is why I was quite astounded when you said you raced around the field for 80 mins.  If you havnt Reffed in years I would think lots of rules have changed since then , and the on field cameras have improved greatly since your day  ??

and every year I revisit the rules on the Referees Association site to make sure I'm up to date...

Thumbs UpEvil Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Jujuno refereed the 1973 Grand Final.Ouch

if I had, the porch-lights would have been turned off sooner....

LOLLOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:35pm

and every year I revisit the rules on the Referees Association site to make sure I'm up to date...

Thumbs UpEvil Smile

you see, I am still qualified to teach...

(I can't believe you were silly enough to think a 60yr-old would still be refereeing...Wacko)

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

The Novacastrians to win, then the Panthers to beat the doggies for the start of a happy w/e, good luck to all having a punt.

Doggies 12 , Panthers 8, half time, injuries for panthers worry , no fullback, no Wallace.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:12am

Doggies 12 , Panthers 8, half time, injuries for panthers worry , no fullback, no Wallace.

Great finish by the Panthers 22, 14, some big hits ended a top game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:37am

Thumbs UpEvil Smile

you see, I am still qualified to teach...

(I can't believe you were silly enough to think a 60yr-old would still be refereeing...Wacko)

Well,,how do I know how old you are ??  Confused   You rave on about reffing , and carry on about Burgie, like you are personal besties .     I thought you must be out there on the field , keeping an eye on all these stupid knuckle draggers and their indiscretions.     Clown all of them . 
I cant believe, you expect me to believe, that your past Reffing days can even remotly relate to todays footy. Cry
I mean, if you are 60 , you were reffing many moons ago ??  Yes ??
Rules have changed.  The cameras dont cut anyone any slack now.   Maybe you should cut and run and let some young people take over the teaching .

animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:57am
Anyways back to the footy

Cowboys are in a huge hole, losing to the Raiders at home, hooker for the Raiders is a lil nugget and goer.

Can't see the Cowboys going anywhere, Morgan needs to take control over this team and let Thurston take the passenger seat but that won't happen.

EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:50am
Hard for the halves to do much when the forwards don't aim up. It's like they've all learnt off Aaron Woods.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 12:50pm
Good to see Knights give Manly a dust upClap  There is something badly wrong within that team at the moment   ?
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 1:16pm
But they are mates.

reductio ad absurdum
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:47pm

Well done young fella. 2 from 2. ClapClap

Go the mighty Knights. Pity their feeder club at Bondi Junction isn't aiming up as expected though.

Oh and, yeah look at PT's post. Not guilty was the verdict. DCE has turned dirty since he started to slow down. Not as Bad as that Burgi though. He's just a bloody thug. His record says it all.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:50pm
And while I think of it, have a look at the for and against for Newy.

They're minus 58 and in 6th place. One of the worst for and against on the ladder.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:51pm
Nice to see ya on deck mate, missed your tips yesty, any joy.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:58pm

Nice to see ya on deck mate, missed your tips yesty, any joy.

No joy at all. Got home in time to get a bet on Ghisoni (on the nose), got beat , closed the book. Ouch

Impending looked good odds in the end, and won accordingly. Roman Son another easy one to pick.
But I decided on just the one. There's always next week.

I might follow your footy tips instead.Big smile
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:13pm
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 1:36am
Mitch Moses should get a late spot in the NFL draft, he was throwing some beauties today

Nice to see the refs not having a say in the games

EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 38>