Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:07am
They were over the cap when they had Cronk and Pearce on the books,they were over when Pearce racked off to the Knights,they were over when they signed Crichton for next year, they will always be over while Uncle Nick is in charge.

The game is a farce,every other supporter can see it except Rorter supporters.

The media and press don't dare bring up the issue about the Rorters, just hammer every other team in the comp.

TPAs are killing the game
EAD
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:18am
Didn't the Roosters hire the NRL's forensic accountant to manage their salary cap?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:32am
Apart from the $2.3 million they cut with Pearce Gearra, Kenny-Dowwell, Watson and several others, dont forget the salary cap for 2018 is $9.4 million compared to $7.1 million last year and $6.8 million in 2016, off the back of the huge media deal signed last year
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 3:19pm
Sonny Bill WilliamsVerified account @SonnyBWilliams 32m32 minutes ago

I love being apart of the @BluesRugbyTeam & @AllBlacks . God willing I’m apart of another successful World Cup Campaign next year in 2019

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:26pm
Ian Schubert was a ex Roosters player      
EAD
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:38pm
Must be reading and seeing things differently

Sign Teddy and Cronk for 2.2 million plus upgrades all over the place with L.Mitchell, Cordner and half the forward pack but apparently they are under the cap still

Just admit they are rorting the cap via TPAs
EAD
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:28am
Have the Roosters ever had the best list in the comp? Not since 74/75 in my book.Wink If they are rorting they aren't doing a very good job of it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:02pm

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs statement in regard to the passing of Steve Folkes

Author
bulldogs.com.au 
Timestamp

Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm
A great man gone way to early , will be so missed, RIP Folksey.
Say nothing once why say it again
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:15am
NRLs current list of immortals - Churchill (81), Fulton (81), Gasnier(81), Raper(81), Langlands(91), Lewis (99), Beetson (2003), Johns (2012).

Whos next - Sterlo is touting Meninga ? Who else are worthy ? Who in our current players will end up with that honour ? Who is lucky to be in the above list ? 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:21am
Ok - my early thoughts. Fulton is lucky to be up there imo. Great player - however there are many "great" players not there. Cronin, Sterlo, Mortimer, Lamb, Dorahy...many, many more as good as Bozo. Not even sure about Meninga - although his longevity in the game might help get him over the line. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:22am
I dont think many would take exception to Big Mal. Did everything you could do in the game

Cameron Smith a moral

Mal's record

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:26am
Didnt know he spent a season in England PT - interesting. He would have been mid-20's then I'm guessing which in itself is unusual
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:34am
I think he even won a premiership with St Helens that year.

Playing in England in the off season was still a ''thing'' at that time

Full time professionalism and 11 month training programs for your club stopped that
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:45am
Can you put up Dorahys PT - think it might even be longer than Meningas. He seemed to play forever
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:51am
John(Joe) Dorahy?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:52am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:57am
It doesn't give number of games played in England but he scored 602 points there and 1296 points in 239 games here, so you could reasonably expect on averages that he played about 100-110 games there
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I think he even won a premiership with St Helens that year.

Playing in England in the off season was still a ''thing'' at that time

Full time professionalism and 11 month training programs for your club stopped that

The English season moving to run parallel with ours also played a part.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 11:02am
Norm Provan, Brian Clay, Jack Rayner, Keith Holman or Arthur Summonds maybe? I think a few there may be worthy imnsho.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 11:09am
Do they go backwards carioca? It looks like they are picking them from each ''era'' or so starting from the 60's. I couldn't understand why they didn't go back further when it started to Frank Burge, Dave Brown, Dally Messenger and a heap more.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 11:17am

Do they go backwards carioca? It looks like they are picking them from each ''era'' or so starting from the 60's. I couldn't understand why they didn't go back further when it started to Frank Burge, Dave Brown, Dally Messenger and a heap more.

I don't know the criteria for their selections PT, been away too long and lost touch but not my admiration for the game.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
They set a limit on how far they can go back due to nobody having seen fellas from to far back play.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:01am
The Raiders had to release Kurt Baptiste due to the salary cap

Guess who just signed him up

The Rorters
EAD
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:16am
Given the rise in the cap this year how can any club be under cap pressure to unload players
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:25am

There is no salary cap for a few certain teams , you just top it up with a TPA and everything is swept under the carpet.
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:37am
Starting to warm to the Sharks this year. Solid experienced base & Moylan will become a superstar & rub it in the Panthers management all year. Add on Dugan & it's all lining up pretty well I think. Good chance to beat the Cowboys first up I reckon ($2.75)
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:41am

It doesn't give number of games played in England but he scored 602 points there and 1296 points in 239 games here, so you could reasonably expect on averages that he played about 100-110 games there
Thanks PT. Remember when he came back the first time - & he just keeped on keeping on. Underrated career by many I reckon
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Thanks PT. Remember when he came back the first time - & he just keeped on keeping on. Underrated career by many I reckon

Hey PT, with your expertise lol you may like to look up ( if you have the time) an Aussie boy who played in England maybe in the 40s and 50s even 60s , Brian Bevan , I remember him being a winger of some note.cheers.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:02pm
UBET promo today ONLY for account customers. Min $20 bet on the premiership market and they will give a $5 bonus bet for each game your team wins up to round 10. This is an easy money maker. I’ve backed the top 4 in betting (roosters, cowboys, storm, broncos) $20 each on different accounts. Too easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>