Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bernie Tomic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 1:54pm
Sad really, very talented young man is Bernard Tomic.

Hopefully it's not too late for him .   

Swallow the pride and get back under Hewitt's wing is one possible solution.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Tomic might have a bit more ticker if he had been exposed to a bit of bullying as a kid. Seems to me he has been put on a pedestal all his life - by family, friends & Tennis Australia. Not used to doing it a bit tough me thinks. Anyhow - too late  - damage done (refer one Mark Philipoussis)

Phillipoussis reached very near his potential

He was "The Bachelor" ... another of my favourite programs!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Tomic might have a bit more ticker if he had been exposed to a bit of bullying as a kid. Seems to me he has been put on a pedestal all his life - by family, friends & Tennis Australia. Not used to doing it a bit tough me thinks. Anyhow - too late  - damage done (refer one Mark Philipoussis)

Phillipoussis reached very near his potential

He was "The Bachelor" ... another of my favourite programs
Thumbs Up

Imo , he was a flea, who preyed on vulnerable young women, aka Delta Goodrum.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm
Have you lot not learned anything this past month?
Online bullying and trolling kills.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

My post was about " the poo" fwiw POP.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

My post was about " the poo" fwiw POP.

Good post POP...    You've noted PT taking it easy on me .
He wants to keep me alive ,    He can't handle all those botoxed Camels.
You now know how he voted ..   I've got the females.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:40pm
This is a very good article and I urge you all to read it.
Ive actually been thinking about the same thing the past week about Tomic.
Community are bullying him.
Its completely insane.
Its been bullying on a mass scale.
What are we trying to do, judge a guy so much, we send him to the worst of results, his life, gone??

Tennis Australia, and indeed Tennis World, need to say, "wait, we have this wrong, we have judged Bernard to the point of mass bullying, its time for us to say sorry and help in any way we can, as though he is our brother"

Please read this.

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:46pm
Spoilt brat, thinks he is a gun.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 11:17pm
Having a great run recently. Just won the ATP 250 event in Chengdu as a qualifier and has now won 14 of last 16. Will be back up to around 75th in the rankings tomorrow. Seems a big turnaround in attitude.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:15am
Must have burnt through the ten million he had before his slide down the rankings.

Like Phillipoussus and Agassi before they took the game more seriously this guy thinks tennis is an earn.

If he actually made a slither of an effort, he is a top 30 player every day and twice on sundays.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:34am
Anyone else catch his match at Roland Garros last night?
I emptied the account on Fritz as there was no way Tomic was winning and I half expected a retirement at some stage. But wow, did not expect the embarrassing effort he displayed! Quite obvious he wasn’t trying at all, no effort to run for balls, no emotion, all over in 80-odd minutes. Was telling Fritz where he was going to be serving towards the end. On match point served a fault and then argued it was in so that what would have been a return winner would have ended the game. Laughs all around including from the opponent (literally).
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:13am
What an embarrassment
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I emptied the account on Fritz as there was no way Tomic was winning and I half expected a retirement at some stage. But wow, did not expect the embarrassing effort he displayed! Quite obvious he wasn’t trying at all, no effort to run for balls, no emotion, all over in 80-odd minutes. Was telling Fritz where he was going to be serving towards the end. On match point served a fault and then argued it was in so that what would have been a return winner would have ended the game. Laughs all around including from the opponent (literally).

I did note he was wiped out ... Expected and he is finished .
   Kyrios ( whatever ) You can't bet in his events ,   another waste of space who isn't doing anything for tennis.
Stosur got through round one ,      Time soon to Lay her.
   Some good bets come up and i feel overall that Tennis is the Best of the lot for a gamble ( I know you have said that for years E-E )   
I had a serving of Del Potro & Delbonus last night.   Ruud , Martic & Muguruza the day before.
I'm Venturing into the Sports Betting much more these days ...    Racing is getting tougher .     Was I right in noting the NRL , Betfair Take , has gone from 2.5% to 6% this year.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:37am
Gee - sounds like they are "offending" a a lot of people. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:45am
Not many Australian men have the game to do ok at the French Open. Popyrin probably does. It will take a few years before he's ready to go deep.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Not many Australian men have the game to do ok at the French Open. Popyrin probably does. It will take a few years before he's ready to go deep.

The "OLD" Brigade still rule the waves . In the Main.

Great Players actually ..       Freaks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I did note he was wiped out ... Expected and he is finished .
   Kyrios ( whatever ) You can't bet in his events ,   another waste of space who isn't doing anything for tennis.
Stosur got through round one ,      Time soon to Lay her.
   Some good bets come up and i feel overall that Tennis is the Best of the lot for a gamble ( I know you have said that for years E-E )   
I had a serving of Del Potro & Delbonus last night.   Ruud , Martic & Muguruza the day before.
I'm Venturing into the Sports Betting much more these days ...    Racing is getting tougher .     Was I right in noting the NRL , Betfair Take , has gone from 2.5% to 6% this year.

I mainly trade each service game but Tomic is terrible on clay and has displayed a lack of effort with a couple of retirements lately so was happy to make an exception and back Fritz straight out. Only 1.18 so no longshot winner that’s for sure but enough on to make it my most profitable market of the tournament so far.

If he puts in more effort Tomic can do much better in a few weeks on grass. As always effort is the key but he does like the surface. Clay he just couldn’t be bothered.

If you are starting to bet on tennis you really need to do it in play. Get yourself a VPN and you will have no issues. Here is another tennis trading tip for you to give you further motivation:

- When a player calls for the trainer or has a medical timeout the market overreacts. Back this player while they are being treated and then lay them when play resumes.

NRL is 6%
AFL 2.5%

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:59am
Dont you lose your your dosh if you are betting in-play due to injury abandonment ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:13pm

Dont you lose your your dosh if you are betting in-play due to injury abandonment ?

Retirement rules differ depending on the book but for Betfair the first set must be complete for bets to stand - IE retirement during 1st set = bets refunded, retirement after 1st set = bets are settled.

In-play doesn’t affect this rule.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:18pm
Yes - i thought you were game betting
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:24pm
I don’t bet the game markets, just trade the match odds market back and forward each service game generally up to 3-3 or 4-4 in the 1st set.

A retirement will almost always come inbetween games so if betting the game market it would already be resolved prior to any retirement. I’m not sure how they treat it (resolve or refund) in the very rare occasion where a player quits mid game or has some serious injury that means they can’t complete the next couple of points.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:54pm
https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/48492578

French Open: Anna Tatishvili forfeits £41,000 for 'falling below standard'

American player Anna Tatishvili has been fined her entire French Open first-round earnings of almost £41,000 for falling below the standard expected of a professional player at a Grand Slam.

Tatishvili, 29, lost 6-0 6-1 to Greek 29th seed Maria Sakkari in 55 minutes.

The former world number 50, who has had an ankle injury, was playing her first tour-level match since October 2017.

She used her protected ranking to enter Roland Garros.

Under Grand Slam rules, the match referee has the right to dock appearance money if it is felt a player used their protected ranking to play a tournament despite not being fit enough.

"All players are expected to perform to a professional standard in every Grand Slam match," Grand Slam rules state.

So why is Tomic allowed to tank ?   Hit him where it hurts.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 6:56pm
In case anyone has not caught up with the tennis career of Bernard Tomic, here is the latest news.
In the first round of the qualifying round for the French Open Tomic was beaten by a 16year old French schoolboy in straight sets.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 7:09pm
Should give it away for his own state of health and our peace of mind.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 7:12pm
A real big 'what if' is Bernard
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:10am
Probably get a commentators gig at the next Australian Open alongside Miss Dokic.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

In case anyone has not caught up with the tennis career of Bernard Tomic, here is the latest news.
In the first round of the qualifying round for the French Open Tomic was beaten by a 16year old French schoolboy in straight sets.

This is hardly the big news you think it is. Tomic was not even a massive favourite to win the match so the fact that he lost is no big surprise. He has always been garbage on clay anyway. The real news is that appeared not to remember who serves first after a tiebreak.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:56pm
He was not expected to win the FIRST round of a QUALIFYING round to a sixteen year old schoolboy, pull my other leg.Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

He was not expected to win the FIRST round of a QUALIFYING round to a sixteen year old schoolboy, pull my other leg.Big smile

I can see you don’t follow tennis Bob. Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:50pm
E&E, I just do not follow the fortunes of Tomic.Stern Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>