Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130603192718-lenglen2-story-top.jpg
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Is Caroline Waozniacki the most beautiful woman to ever win the Aussie Open ?

Don't know about that djebel, but she is easy on the eye, fwiw if you or pt can dig up a photo of Maria Bueno who was 1 set all with winner Margaret Court when she had to retire hurt in the 1965 open you will see an attractive women.

Image result for Maria Bueno

That's a big bucket you just tipped over me pt.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 10:33am
That's an understatement Carioca. LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 10:59am

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Is Caroline Waozniacki the most beautiful woman to ever win the Aussie Open ?

Don't know about that djebel, but she is easy on the eye, fwiw if you or pt can dig up a photo of Maria Bueno who was 1 set all with winner Margaret Court when she had to retire hurt in the 1965 open you will see an attractive women.

That's a big bucket you just tipped over me pt.

As with maxie's camel puffed lip fetish, it's all eye of the beholder stuff carioca. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:01am
Image result for Maria Bueno
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:01am
So it was too hot last night during the evening but ok to play in extreme heat during the day through the tournament?Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

So it was too hot last night during the evening but ok to play in extreme heat during the day through the tournament?Confused

Rafa had a big whinge, Halep was hospitalized after her final, and Roger is really oldBig smile. They may have feared worse consequences and bowed to pressure

http://www.si.com/tennis/2018/01/28/simona-halep-admitted-hospital-after-australian-open-final-dehydration

Simona Halep was admitted to the hospital overnight for four hours after playing in the 2018 Australian Open final, according to a report during the ESPN broadcast of the men's final on Sunday.

On Saturday, Halep lost to Caroline Wozniacki in three sets after playing for two hours and 50 minutes in extreme heat conditions—on-court temperatures were recorded near 90 degrees Fahrenheit, with high humidity, during the match. 

Halep was treated for dehydration and exhaustion, and was discharged Sunday morning, 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
I'm a wuss- get me out of here! Cry
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm
Yes - what an absolute loser that Tomic is. Few days & walks out . Deary me - pathetic !
Refer ALP Election Promises
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 6:02am
Still trying to work out why Tomic is considered a celebrity, guy has no heart and while the majority are saying he is wasting his talent, I haven't seen talent in him yet
EAD
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:52am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Still trying to work out why Tomic is considered a celebrity, guy has no heart and while the majority are saying he is wasting his talent, I haven't seen talent in him yet

Tough marker if you think someone who wins a junior grand slam and reaches number 17 in the world has no talent. He has a hundred other issues that are well documented but lack of talent is not one of them.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 11:23am
Tomics problem is much more to do with application then talent.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 11:31am
I think Bernard Tomic's issues probably line up with Mary Pierce, Jennifer Capriati, Mirjana Lucic, Steffi Graff or Jelena Dokic.....his nutcase father
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:16pm
I only saw set 5 of the Zverev/De Minaur rubber- rubber: always makes me laugh LOL but I digress, and I haven't see the stats, but by crikey gee whiz it looked like a high quality set- few errors, lots of winners.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:00pm
Only an investigation at this stage but sometimes I think it is all about the old mates network and corrupt practices. The general public is in the dark Ouch

ASIC takes legal action against former Tennis Australia bosses Harold Mitchell and Stephen Healy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456