Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Well the two non-winners Wozniaki & Halep are through to the final on Saturday. Should be a good match up. Rosscoe did you by any chance back Dimitrov & Wozniaki individually as well? $15 about her pre-tournament would be looking good now.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Still have Federer & Wozniaki @ $36 alive - got your tip to thank if it comes in!

Amazing that the women's final is the 1 & 2 seeds, yet neither has won a major.

Got yourself a 1.25 shot now.. Happt to help!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:36am
Halep was annoying the hell out of me. I could barely stand watching her. She would regularly draw Wozza into one corner of the court on her backhand side, leaving acres of room to hit a winner down Wozza's forehand side. All it took was a hard hit close to the sideline and no way Wozza could get there. Instead she would hit a powder-puff one metre or more from the sideline. Wozza would get to it easily.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Halep was annoying the hell out of me. I could barely stand watching her. She would regularly draw Wozza into one corner of the court on her backhand side, leaving acres of room to hit a winner down Wozza's forehand side. All it took was a hard hit close to the sideline and no way Wozza could get there. Instead she would hit a powder-puff one metre or more from the sideline. Wozza would get to it easily.

And the women commentators constantly babbling about how high the standard of play was didn't help.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:30am
   Armchair critics ....    Did they get millions for being bad players ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:47am
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Well the two non-winners Wozniaki & Halep are through to the final on Saturday. Should be a good match up. Rosscoe did you by any chance back Dimitrov & Wozniaki individually as well? $15 about her pre-tournament would be looking good now.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Still have Federer & Wozniaki @ $36 alive - got your tip to thank if it comes in!

Amazing that the women's final is the 1 & 2 seeds, yet neither has won a major.

Got yourself a 1.25 shot now.. Happt to help!

Clap ... great tipping E&E.

Watched bits of the Women's final, and have to say - great contest. They don't grunt and scream much after they play a few long rallies so why do it at all? They both played through the pain barrier, great courage. They do not deserve to be paid what the men get paid. I wouldn't bother watching another woman's' match if i wasn't invested in it.

This will be the biggest test for the Fed Express ... carrying MY money!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
Gee Mrs Halep was a happy looking lady. If looks could bloody kill.......Ouch
Refer ALP Election Promises
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 6:21pm
Is Caroline Waozniacki the most beautiful woman to ever win the Aussie Open ?

reductio ad absurdum
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 6:57pm
Can't believe these fools are still deciding whether to keep the roof open or close it. Surely it should be announced by now. The commentary said they were going to make a decision after 7pm.

If they close the roof, l intend to smash the over 31.5 aces at $2.05 with the TAB.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 7:22pm
The roof will be closed for the entirety of the match.

As a result, the overs on the aces has been smashed. $2.05 into $1.65 within seconds of the announcement. I just missed the top odds, l''m on at $1.90.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Don't know about that djebel, but she is easy on the eye, fwiw if you or pt can dig up a photo of Maria Bueno who was 1 set all with winner Margaret Court when she had to retire hurt in the 1965 open you will see an attractive women.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:21pm
Not looking so good for me. My aces bet is now dependent on Cilic winning a set. That's not something l want to be on. I thought 32 aces would be covered in three sets as long as there was a tiebreak or two. I didn't envision a double break in the opening set. Especially not with the roof closed. Still in it but not as confident now. I don't think l can win if Federer wins this in straight.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:00pm
Thanks Marin
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:11pm
The Fed is going to lose this
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:12pm

She runs a close second IMO
There is only one Serena..... goddess
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:15pm

Our Evonne was a cracking sort, and still is. Natural beauty and a classic elegant female athlete. 

1. Evonne Goolagong
2. Margaret Court
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Chris Evert 
5. Caroline Wozniacki

MILF
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:47pm

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:56pm
Not bad, but with the same benefits of professional photography, airbrushing and Photoshop, Evonne would have made her look like Martina ... and she's an Aussie. Tongue 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:00pm
 No doubt she scrubs up OK, but, not my cup of tea, not a "natural" beauty ... each to their own.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:02pm
None of them are as beautiful as Roger is to me right now!Wink
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:08pm
Cracking game with a few twists and turns. Certainly didn’t look like it was going to be much of a contest after the 1st set blowout. Credit to Cilic for getting right back in it and making it a memorable match!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

She actually looks a lot like the bird I dumped when I was a young fellow

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Don't know about that djebel, but she is easy on the eye, fwiw if you or pt can dig up a photo of Maria Bueno who was 1 set all with winner Margaret Court when she had to retire hurt in the 1965 open you will see an attractive women.

Apologies for the blunder ( I'll blame the heat lol) I got Maria mixed up with Gabriela Sabatini from Arg. , the doc nailed it anyhow.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:37pm
Yes Carioca - Gabriella was smokin' hot, and got better with age!!!

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:49pm
By gingo , you can pull a " bird" doc.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:58pm
Anna Ivanovic was my favourite. Just loved her little fist pump
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:18am
Maria Sharapova is attractive but she’s squeals too much
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:18am

By gingo , you can pull a " bird" doc.

I'll stay out of that terrific "ad-lib' bait Croca.

Other than to suggest, Doc has his hands full providing such stunners.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 7:47am

Image result for Maria Bueno
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 9:35am
She hasn't won a Aussie slam but geesh

Eugenie Bouchard

EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>