Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Just as I was preparing to come on and write Woziaki’s obituary she has a comeback for the ages!

Opponent serving in the 3rd at 5-1 40-15. Somehow she saves 2 match points and goes in to win the next 6 games straight to win the set and match 7-5. Don’t know if there was an injury involved or anything else but wow!Unbelievable!

My Dimitrov/Wozniaki double lives at least a little bit longer. You would have to suspect she will need to improve significantly to win the title though.

A big scare for Dimitrov as well tonight. Eventually through 8-6 in the 5th after being bageled in the 4th

Like Wozniaki he will need to improve a lot on that effort.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm

Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Tsonga is in deep trouble. The young Canadian is outplaying him big time.

Shapovalov is very very good. I know, I watched him dismantle Tsonga and my money in straight sets at the US Open in August!

I saw that too, although I didn't have money on it.

He is a very good player, so much more to come for this young man.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm

Tsonga is in deep trouble. The young Canadian is outplaying him big time.

Shapovalov is very very good. I know, I watched him dismantle Tsonga and my money in straight sets at the US Open in August!

I saw that too, although I didn't have money on it.

He is a very good player, so much more to come for this young man.

For sure. A definitely player of the future. Maybe lacked a little mentally yesterday as he really had it in the bag. That will come with time too obviously.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
Could have a good one on our hands with Djoker/Monfils here. Monfils up a break late in the 1st but there has been 5 service breaks so far.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:54pm

Don’t really follow or bet on the women’s game but Wozniaki worth a spec at $15 for the open. Maybe have a small wager on the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double at $135 for a bit of fun. Who knows what might happen.

Heart in the mouth stuff E&E however somehow we are still alive!

I wouldn’t want to go through the last results again, let’s continue on ..... 👍
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Don’t really follow or bet on the women’s game but Wozniaki worth a spec at $15 for the open. Maybe have a small wager on the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double at $135 for a bit of fun. Who knows what might happen.

Heart in the mouth stuff E&E however somehow we are still alive!

I wouldn’t want to go through the last results again, let’s continue on ..... 👍

Yes Rosscoe we are still in it until tomorrow at least. A couple of favoured players have been beaten today so that obviously helps our cause. Djokovic just lost the 1st set against Monfils and would love to see him lose the match as well but we’ll see. Kerber playing now on the women’s side. If she gets through she plays Sharapova so at least one of them will be out by Saturday.

Dimitrov will need to regroup. If he can get through tomorrow night he will player either Kyrgios or Tsonga in the 4th round. The winner of that match up has a saloon passage through to the semis as the other side of that quarter has no seeds left.

Fingers crossed.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:19pm
Wawrinka a shadow of his former self here. Sad. Hope he can get back to a decent level in time.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
Heading into the second week, off the back of some extremely draining hot days, should we be looking at people who played more night matches in the first week?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Heading into the second week, off the back of some extremely draining hot days, should we be looking at people who played more night matches in the first week?

Yes. Federer with an advantage playing only at night so far.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
Kyrgios playing doubles in the heat yesterday was possibly a wrong move. Time will tell. His match with Tsonga should be a great clash. Tsonga coming off a tough 5 set match in the heat.

I give Kyrgios the advantage, but Tsonga just has to hang in there to possibly take advantage of Krygios' fragile mental state.

Quite possibly some real fireworks from Nick tonight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm
Will be trading the Karlovic match this afternoon. He has been very good in serve so looks idea for trading. The fact that he is the outsider also appeals. Likely to have quite good price changes between service games.

Muller also appeals for the same reasons so may trade that too.

All eyes (well mine and Rosscoe’s anyway) will be on Dimitrov 3rd up on RLA this afternoon as well as Wozniaki tonight. Although admittedly if Dimitrov doesn’t put in an improved showing I may not be interested in Wozniaki for much longer.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm

Kyrgios playing doubles in the heat yesterday was possibly a wrong move. Time will tell. His match with Tsonga should be a great clash. Tsonga coming off a tough 5 set match in the heat.

I give Kyrgios the advantage, but Tsonga just has to hang in there to possibly take advantage of Krygios' fragile mental state.

Quite possibly some real fireworks from Nick tonight.

Had not paid attention to the doubles so didn’t know he had played. Good to know thanks. I would like to see Tsonga win from the point of view that I think Dimitrov would have a better chance against him than Kyrgios in the next round.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:42pm
Really like the overs in the Karlovic-Seppi match. Over 42.5 should get covered in 4 with at least 1 tiebreak a certainty.

Still think Del Potro has a massive chance of winning overall.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Really like the overs in the Karlovic-Seppi match. Over 42.5 should get covered in 4 with at least 1 tiebreak a certainty.

Over 42.5 games only gets covered in 4 if there are 3 tiebreaks and a 6-4 or if you get a 7-5 in there somewhere. Also, remember if the player serving 1st in a set breaks early you are looking at a 6-3 set.

You will need it to go to 5 in all likelihood.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Over 42.5 games only gets covered in 4 if there are 3 tiebreaks and a 6-4 or if you get a 7-5 in there somewhere. Also, remember if the player serving 1st in a set breaks early you are looking at a 6-3 set.

You will need it to go to 5 in all likelihood.

Sorry an obvious miscalculation here. You’d think I’d know they don’t go to a tiebreak at 5-5

Still think you will likely need to go to 5 sets though.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:55am
Betting on matches involving Isner & Karlovic is the gift that keeps on giving. Karlovic could never have won that match because he just can't break anyone.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:46am
Kyrgios is a special to beat Dimitrov- he will feast on the Bulgarian's sh1thouse second serve.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
I can see Kyrgios making it as far as the quarters
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm
The winner of Dimitrov/Kyrgios will almost certainly make it at least to the semis. There are no other seeds left in their quarter of the draw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:07pm
Ok Rosscoe we’re half way home after that Wozniaki demolition job. 7 wins down another 7 to go. Unfortunately I think it ends tonight when Dimitrov takes on Kyrgios. Kyrgios has been the best player in the tournament so far with the type of form that could win the whole thing. Dimitrov quite the opposite and will need to step things up immensely to get through here. Stranger things have happened though so we can home.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:39pm

Ok Rosscoe we’re half way home after that Wozniaki demolition job. 7 wins down another 7 to go. Unfortunately I think it ends tonight when Dimitrov takes on Kyrgios. Kyrgios has been the best player in the tournament so far with the type of form that could win the whole thing. Dimitrov quite the opposite and will need to step things up immensely to get through here. Stranger things have happened though so we can home.

Going beautifully E&E, we are getting close to the business end!

Dimitrov outclassing Kyrgios at present. Just about to serve for the second set.

Have faith, I’m riding this with you.

Just back from the Deepwater Picnic Races where mobile re epitome was pretty ordinary!

Go Dimitrov, bring it home ... 🏸
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:40pm
Mobile reception (above)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:46pm
That failure to serve it out could be crucial. Massive difference between 1-1 & 2-0 if Kyrgios goes on to win the set.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:00pm

Dimitrov outclassing Kyrgios at present. Just about to serve for the second set.

Just back from the Deepwater Picnic Races where mobile re epitome was pretty ordinary!

Just performing better in the clutch moments Dimitrov. Glad he managed to get the 2nd anyway in the tiebreak. Massive difference to be up 2-0 now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:35pm

Just performing better in the clutch moments Dimitrov. Glad he managed to get the 2nd anyway in the tiebreak. Massive difference to be up 2-0 now.

Still in it Rosscoe!

We needed Dimitrov to step right up and he certainly did. Cracking match and all the better to be on the right side of the result!
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:37pm
Plays the winner of Seppi and Edmund next.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:38pm
Good luck guys, you are certainly getting a great run for money.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:39pm
Kyle Edmund next up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:42pm

Both Dimitrov & Wozniaki appears to be getting better as the tournament goes on which is obviously a positive. Still big hurdles to get over though - Svitolina & Kerber + Nadal & Federer. In for another 2 days at least though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:45pm

Both Dimitrov & Wozniaki appears to be getting better as the tournament goes on which is obviously a positive. Still big hurdles to get over though - Svitolina & Kerber + Nadal & Federer. In for another 2 days at least though.

And of course a few of the other left in the tournament are playing great too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>