Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australian Open Tennis 2018
    Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm
Might as well get this thread started for another year. Open is only a week and a half away and the first tournaments of the year are in Full swing.

Eye on Dimitrov making his seasonal debut in Brisbane tonight. He won the ATP Finals in London back in November and looks to have really taken the next step in the latter part of last year. Should account for Millman without too many problems tonight & the $9 for the Aus Open looks a decent shout.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm
Don’t really follow or bet on the women’s game but Wozniaki worth a spec at $15 for the open. Maybe have a small wager on the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double at $135 for a bit of fun. Who knows what might happen.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:58pm
Flying down on the 25th to take it in with a group of mates.

Also Balnarring races Oz Day then Caulfield races Saturday 27th ...... fly home Sunday probably with our tails between our legs!

Can’t wait .... 👍

Who do I back in the tennis? Please help ..... ?.....?
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Also Balnarring races Oz Day then Caulfield races Saturday 27th ...... fly home Sunday probably with our tails between our legs!

Can’t wait .... 👍

DON"T back TOMIC Rosscoe   :     He's been given the flick and about time .
Looks like another top Oz Open coming up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Can’t wait .... 👍

Tune in each day and I’ll give my thoughts. I mainly bet to be able to trade but will come up with something for you.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:32pm
Good stuff E&E,I need every bit of a helping hand!

Macca, can’t stand Tomic, glad to hear he’s been overlooked with the wildcard!

What about the Fed Express again??

👍👍
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Don’t really follow or bet on the women’s game but Wozniaki worth a spec at $15 for the open. Maybe have a small wager on the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double at $135 for a bit of fun. Who knows what might happen.

Take this double for an interest Roscoe. I feel like you will get a good run for your money. Murray is out, Djoker & Nadal under big clouds on the men’s. Federer the main danger to Dimitrov. Wozniaki won the women’s WFA Finals in singapore sonhas oroven she can beat all the top players as well. I’ve had $25@135. Does it win? Who knows but I think it will give a site.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 11:02pm

Take this double for an interest Roscoe. I feel like you will get a good run for your money. Murray is out, Djoker & Nadal under big clouds on the men’s. Federer the main danger to Dimitrov. Wozniaki won the women’s WFA Finals in singapore sonhas oroven she can beat all the top players as well. I’ve had $25@135. Does it win? Who knows but I think it will give a site.

Will take it,,, cheers!

I rarely take these sorts of sports bets, a little bit of a playmoney to roll into the double!

Go the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double! Bol to both of us 👍
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 11:15pm
Early days but Millman playing at a very high level. Giving Dimitrov a tough workout here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:38pm
Williams withdraws from the Aus Open. Probably not a huge surprise. Wozniaki in to 12 now.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm
Venus Williams a chance E&E?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Venus Williams a chance E&E?

Hard to say. I don’t follow the women’s too closely so I wouldnt want to say anything here with too much certainty. She made a couple of grand slam finals last year so would have to be some chance on her day. $26 currently.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
I'm having a bet in the tennis tonight - first time in ages. Kerber into Zverev @ $2.18. (Hopman Cup).
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
At the moment it looks like a Federer benefit- he's the only one who is fit.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm having a bet in the tennis tonight - first time in ages. Kerber into Zverev @ $2.18. (Hopman Cup).

Decent. Looking good so far.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Super effort from Kyrgios to win the Brisbane title. Extremely impressive tennis (particularly his serve) but of course the challenge for him will be to back up that form when he gets to Melbourne.

Dimitrov lost no admirers losing in the semis. Just ran in to a red hot Kyrgios. Still a big shout in Melbourne IMO. Wozniaki went down in the final of Auckland. The tournament was disrupted and they ended up playing the qtrs & semis on Saturday followed by the final on Sunday. Not sure if that had any effect on her but in any event she looks in the right form for the big one starting next week.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
If the Australian Open was a best of 3 tournament run over one week I'd rate him a special.Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:19am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm still recovering from this one. Kerber wins on her ear & Zverev into $1.08 after winning first set untroubled. Konnakas never looked a chance until midway through second set...then just outplayed him. So that will do me for tennis again - first bet in 3 years & last tennis bet for at least another 3. Good luck everyone else !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:21am
& I just cant warm to any of the major aussie male players. Happy to see them lose. Great to see Tomic struggling his arse off.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:24am
I think he attempts to qualify today after his wildcard application was rejected.

Just cause he refuses to try and says he hates the game shouldn't have influenced them, you wouldn't think Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:31am
Yes he goes around in the 1st round of qualifying today. Playing Vincent Millot and is approx 1.45 favourite. Should be on around 4pm Melbourne time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm

Yes he goes around in the 1st round of qualifying today. Playing Vincent Millot and is approx 1.45 favourite. Should be on around 4pm Melbourne time.

Tomic easily through to the qualification semis 6-1 6-3.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:41pm
The women's draw is so open this year. Plliskova and Svitolina big chances with Muguruza under an injury cloud. Halep struggles when she is favourite, even Sharapova is a chance.

I hope Federer wins the men's, but never count out Nadal or Djokovic, they are all class, despite injuries. Generation next is taking a long time to reach the lever required, other than Dimitrov and Zverev, the others look to be struggling for consistency. Kyrgios has the talent, but I doubt him in a best of 5 sets tournament with his lack of coach and discipline. I had big hopes for Thiem, but he hasn't taken the next step, yet. Maybe Goffin will finally produce a great slam run. Raonic is off the boil, maybe another of the older guys can surprise in Del Potro or Wawrinka if the draw opens up.

So looking forward to this year, I am on holiday for the duration, so get to watch all the day matches as well as evening clashes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:26am

Takes on Tommy Paul in the qualification semis this afternoon. Most likely a bit after 1pm Melbourne time. Tomic a 1.33 favourite.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:26pm

Takes on Tommy Paul in the qualification semis this afternoon. Most likely a bit after 1pm Melbourne time. Tomic a 1.33 favourite.

Got through in a 3rd set tiebreak. Had Paul on toast up a set and a break but somehow let him back in. Anyway on to the qualification final tomorrow for a spot in the main draw.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
Alex de Minaur is too far the other way to Kyrgios and Tomic it is cringe worthy.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:58pm

Got through in a 3rd set tiebreak. Had Paul on toast up a set and a break but somehow let him back in. Anyway on to the qualification final tomorrow for a spot in the main draw.

All over for Tomic. We will not be getting the pleasure of seeing him bundled out in the 1st round this year.

Beaten 6-1 6-7 6-4
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:27pm
“All I do is count my millions, you try doing what I do,” Tomic said after fading to Melbourne Park defeat against unheralded Italian Lorenzo Sonego.

Ranked 218th in the world, Sonego inflicted Tomic’s latest tennis ignominy with a 6-1 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 third-round victory.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/no-australian-open-for-bernard-tomic-beaten-by-italian-lorenzo-sonego/news-story/a668e6b1eea5e71d404b8bc21dd9af32

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella LOL LOL LOL and to Lorenzo Clap Clap Clap Star Star Star
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:44pm
Kicking off tomorrow and should be a cracker. Can’t wait. Will be plenty of betting opportunities as usual and hopefully by the end of the fortnight there will be a handy profit.

Day 1 looking at Anderson 1st up on court 3. Won Abu Dhabi, runner up in Pune already this year. In good form for this. Suspect Edmund will be solid enough on serve so probably half bet straight out with another half bet trading the game. If it goes pear-shaped will trade out.

Also looking at Cilic, Ryan Harrison & Simon. A few other possibles but a lot depends on the times they get on/off court as to what will be bet.

A couple of possible upsets: Ebden over Isner. Actually that’s the only one for tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>