Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Victorian Gangs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 47>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:15am
What else would you expect from them Confused LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:22am
Kennett is certainly no leftie

Jeff Kennett criticises Peter Dutton for 'cheap political shot' on Victorian street crime

Fergus Hunter

Published: January 19 2018 - 12:13PM

Former Victorian premier Jeff Kennett has taken a swipe at Peter Dutton for his interventions in the state's street gang debate, accusing the federal Home Affairs Minister of dividing communities with a "cheap political shot".

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/jeff-kennett-criticises-peter-dutton-for-cheap-political-shot-on-victorian-street-crime-20180119-h0ku58.html

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:28am
i'm sure the minig exploration companies and big miners in africa will really appreciate labors support.

and what will the greens think?

is this labors support for chinas silk road? protect their comrades interests in these developing countries.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:31am
Tthe crime is either there or it isn't .

That makes a fool of Kennett.
One problem is the argument that all people from the Sudan are not Bad.
All Germans & Japanese weren't bad either in 1939,    But they all got Bombed.
Unfortunately the same should apply with our Society being restructured by migration at the rate of 350% since WW2.
If the likes of Muslim Countries etc.,    Who fail to integrate and ignore their adopted Culture =    OUT       = Stop more from those areas coming in and treat firmly or deport offenders within.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:36am
Well Kennetts just as bad then. Isn't it amazing how pollies always say the crime rate is falling. Really - should be getting to near perfect by now if that's really the case. Every day we have people getting shot / bashed on public streets. Media have almost become blasé about it. Wasn't that way when I was a kid - if someone got shot anywhere it would be headlines for weeks. Why - because it rarely happened. Thanks multicultural society. As Macca always says - we reap what we sow !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:55am
I think Kennett is just telling the Canberra dog-whistlers to leave Victorian politics alone, as is Marles
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm
you only think pt? be more positive.

i THINK marles has just opened it RIGHT up. what is he hiding?

secret agendas?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
If I say China, am I getting warm Isaac?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
is labor smarting that the wonderful china ally, dastyari has had to quit?LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm
pt im trying some of your tentative, maybe language, which is quite successful on the potus thread....

have you read the g soros piece from the davos shindig? all what ifs and maybes.

no wonder the world is forever stirred.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I think Kennett is just telling the Canberra dog-whistlers to leave Victorian politics alone, as is Marles

That's not how it works ..      If the out of control of Victoria aren't reigned in ,   where does it end .

Precious Pauline said last night .. "we don't want you in our Country "   How true .
Dutton is all for deporting offenders .      Great stuff

It appears our Judiciary is against deportation.
              FIGURES>   From Criminals,is where they make their money.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm
In the absence of hard fact, maybe language is prudent, I would have thought
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

That's not how it works ..      If the out of control of Victoria aren't reigned in ,   where does it end .

Precious Pauline said last night .. "we don't want you in our Country "   How true .

Why does Kennett want gang violence in Melbourne? Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:23pm
From Murdoch's Herald-Sun making a liar of Dutton with stats

This isn’t to say that there isn’t a South Sudanese youth crime problem in Victoria. There clearly is. But from the way politicians from north of the Murray are talking, you’d swear this was the most lawless state in the nation. According to Dutton: “This is a problem years in the making and it’s not a problem in New South Wales, or Queensland, or Perth, it’s a problem in Victoria.”

But is that true? How does the youth crime rate in Victoria compare with the rest of the country? Are all those tough magistrates and judges in Queensland making the residents of those states safer than we are here? Err, no. Not if you believe the ABS.

According to the cardigans at the Bureau, in 2016 — the last year we have data for — the NSW rate of offending for “acts intended to cause injury” was 403.4 per 100,000 of population. The rate in Victoria 308.3.

Were things better in Duttons’s home state of Queensland? Alas, no, sadly. They’re at 330.8 per 100k.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/james-campbell/james-campbell-to-peter-dutton-no-minister-youre-wrong/news-story/9e1342664e427f56cf815da1fb5fff79

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Why does Kennett want gang violence in Melbourne? Confused

Probably misquoted.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:30pm
Just a coincidence there is a Victorian state election this year and the Liberal leader has mafia connections gnawing at his polling? 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm
Let's all move to the ACT, I'm sure Dizzy would make us feel most welcome LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:32pm
Crime figures in Victoria have been fudged for years. Those stats aren't worth the toilet paper they should be printed on.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Good idea.  Might be a tad cooler there too.
Mind you, no Sudanese problems here because we dont have any  .   And looking at what,s going on in Vic, we dont want any. 
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Mind you, no Sudanese problems here because we dont have any  .   And looking at what,s going on in Vic, we dont want any. 

You know we have them at Jesso and Mayfield, apart from one or two I have had no problem.

I love some of the culture they have bought, things like carrying their shopping on their heads, mind you it has been a while since i saw that.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm

Dizzy doesn't deserve us ...     As near to perfect as has been made ,
       Is our Dizzy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

You know we have them at Jesso and Mayfield, apart from one or two I have had no problem.

I love some of the culture they have bought, things like carrying their shopping on their heads, mind you it has been a while since i saw that.

You keep them there , Djebel.   If its working well, why ruin a good thing ?Thumbs Up
Shopping on the head reminds me of this stately lady I saw in Botswana.  Young and attractive,  beautiful dress,  a small child clinging on each hip, and another held by the hand, and this huge bag of oranges, in one of those plastic bags like you buy onions in, balanced perfectly on her head, taking a swig out of a small bottle of whiskey.   How she managed to keep the oranges balanced, and the kids on the hips,  while tilting her head enough to take a swig beat the heck out of me !!Beer
animals before people.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:21pm
LOL. It's all about priorities AA LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:48pm
Too right 3Bs .  And she had hers right .
animals before people.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:06am
Australia takes Sudanese as part of a "deal".

Australian Military are in Sudan for Oil.
Part of this deal, is that we take Sudanese.
The Australian Government even has on their webpage that Sudan is "potential oil".

This explains why Canberra is so quiet on this issue.

Why not take Ethiopians? Chad? Rwanda?

Nup, influx of Sudanese.
Now you know why.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:08am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Australia takes Sudanese as part of a "deal".

Australian Military are in Sudan for Oil.
Part of this deal, is that we take Sudanese.
The Australian Government even has on their webpage that Sudan is "potential oil".

This explains why Canberra is so quiet on this issue.

Why not take Ethiopians? Chad? Rwanda?

Nup, influx of Sudanese.
Now you know why.
That does sound a touch cynical Redemption. Which does make it more likely to be near the mark !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:32am
Why take any of them ??Cry  Save the country a lot of problems and expense.
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 7:43am
Country is going down the tubes, definitely not the country I grew up in

Every city is turning in to giant ghettos

Government is to blame
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:52am
how long before these alleged exclusive inner city apartments that are now prolific in the cities are turned into social housing, bought up by the governments, and the current dwellers move to the country for quieter, safer living? 

after all, when they retire, on their fabulous super payouts, especially if you are a government worker, who would want to stay in the city?!

not entirely the government; self interest and leaners as well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 47>