Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Williams - The Liam Howley Era

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:01pm
It’s a joke that Lloyd isn’t licensed
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:29pm
The whole joints a joke, fancy being able to give the horse a touch up in the swabbing box for 7years and go unnoticed , should be the first place to put CCTV if only for integrity purposes, they dropped their guard and its left a nasty taste imo.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

He has more experience then most!!

And money Big smile

I s'pose if you own Harrods your entitled to be the best dressed .

LOLand arrogant too Big smile
animals before people.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:14am
Is it arrogance? Or just doing what he can do? And not breaking any laws? I think he is in a position we're he can do it his way and he enjoys it. I don't find him arrogant! I find him reasonably straight up and he can afford to be!! Is he breaking any laws by employing his own horse trainer? But having a say in how he wants it done?? If it was an animal welfare problem? Then that's a different story. His horses perform better then most stable. I know he pays for the upper end of market. But so do many syndicates. But they do not have as good a strike rate per runner as Williams. I do believe he cuts the ones that don't measure up to his standards. But is that so wrong? You can buy them if you like??
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:46pm
We all can have an opinion Straight arrow, it's just how we perceive things, like the bloke who dropped a card on the floor while playing strip jack , " gee things look different down here".
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:55pm
He's not playing that game! He is buying race horses and racing them! He is paying his own trainer and he calls the shots on we're and when they race and who rides. He employs his own staff he trusts! And yes if there was a drug formality? The trainer would have to answer that. They are the rules and he is playing by them
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 5:06pm
Actually I’m not different to Lloyd

I would always tell our trainer where we wanted our horses to race. Usually at places like Mudgee so we could all get away for a weekend of drink, fine food and good company...and an excuse to get the wives to track and maybe interested in buying another one
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 6:54pm

The whole joints a joke, fancy being able to give the horse a touch up in the swabbing box for 7years and go unnoticed , should be the first place to put CCTV if only for integrity purposes, they dropped their guard and its left a nasty taste imo.

What is this about ?

reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

What is this about ?

Aquanita
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

What is this about ?

Aquanita

Aw...ya woke him up Xavier lol, that bloody Racing Post consumes him.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:58pm

Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

What is this about ?

Aquanita

Aw...ya woke him up Xavier lol, that bloody Racing Post consumes him.

Sorry, I was scratching my nhead as to what Williams had done....

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:59pm
Well I'm glad you took my last post the right way as it was in jest fwiw.
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:07pm
Midterm been backed from 8.50 to 4.6.. big go..
Highly rated from the yard
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:20am
Couple of interesting runners at Bendigo on We

DIALECTIC (IRE)

7yo Bay Gelding
D.O.B: 21-Mar-2012
by MONSUN (GER) from WANDERING SPIRIT (GER)
5x Pedigree Report

Last seen winning a maiden in France 4 years ago!

The other is

SIRKOS (GER)

6yo Bay Gelding
D.O.B: 15-Mar-2013
by MONSUN (GER) from SERVENYA (GER)
5x Pedigree Report

2 wins from only 4 starts. Last raced Sept 2016

Both go around in the same 1600m race on Wed. Will be following them both.

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 12:04pm
06-03-2019 Bendigo R6 - No.12 Dialectic - Brett Prebble - Stable advised had a tendon injury since last start.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 2:37pm
I wonder if they were both colts when purchased. One for Djebel to look at!

Both very well bred. Dialectic's grand dam was a stakeswinner and is a sister to a few stakeswinners. But the injury would cast some doubt over him.

Sirkos comes from a very strong european female tail family including Sagace,Stacelita, Slip Anchor and Japanese runners-Buena Vista and Manhattan Cafe Further back it is the family of Zabeel,Denises Joy,Carnegie,Makfi,Green Dancer,Authorized,Sulamani etc. The last couple of generations though are a little disappointing. Both look like real staying types pedigree wise and from their form so hard to see them challenging on wednesday but I'd be looking closely at Sirkos in particular with regard to the spring.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:18pm
Latin Beat racing today at Bendigo in the 2200m race, should win one would think.

Belgravia, Sirkos and Dialectic all in the 1600m race immediately after, as was posted Xavier it'll be interesting how they go after their long lay offs.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:17pm
Exemplar parades very well after the long spell.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
Update from the stable:

Almandin - subject to vet clearance will next race in the Ranvet 2000m

Taj Mahal - next run in the Manion Cup 2400m

Rekindling - still not quiet right. Will be given another week before decision is made on his future.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:07pm
Lloyd had 3 in the next at Flemington, Belgravia, Dialectic and Pour Vois, Sirkos also scratched from the same race.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:14pm
I like them all going forward but not today.
Pour Vous looks like an ideal 4500m hurdler
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:20pm
I don't understand why Lloyd has so many of these Europeans for so long and doesn't race them all that much granted some may be injured or take time to come up but what does he gain out of them sitting around doing not much?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:23pm
They must have a massive feed bill.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I don't understand why Lloyd has so many of these Europeans for so long and doesn't race them all that much granted some may be injured or take time to come up but what does he gain out of them sitting around doing not much?

He probably doesn't rate Aussie bred stayers
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

He probably doesn't rate Aussie bred stayers

Thanks captain obvious. That doesn't explain why he leaves them sitting around doing bugger all so often.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:48pm

I think his methods are starting to backfire.

He has it in his head that they all benefit from missing the autumn and it is starting to bite him on the bum.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:49pm
Sir Edward Landseer about to go around over a mile at Flemington, he has been heavily raced compared to the 3 stablemates other than Belgravia in the last race.   
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:50pm

I think his methods are starting to backfire.

He has it in his head that they all benefit from missing the autumn and it is starting to bite him on the bum.

I wonder if he has some just purely so he can stage races at home?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:54pm
Current Stable

Almandin (GER)
Bass (JPN)
Belgravia (IRE)
Carlo Bugatti (IRE)
Dialectic (IRE)
Douglas Macarthur (IRE)
Exemplar (IRE)
Harrison (GB)
Homesman (USA)
Jeux (USA)
Johannes Vermeer (IRE)
Latin Beat (IRE)
Libation (NZ)
Linen
Lygon (IRE)
Midterm (GB)
Orderofthegarter (IRE)
Our Venice Beach (IRE)
Pour Vous (IRE)
Rekindling (GB)
Sir Edwin Landseer (IRE)
Sir Isaac Newton (GB)
Sir John Lavery (IRE)
Sirkos (GER)
Somerset Maugham (IRE)
Steps (IRE)
The Taj Mahal (IRE)
Thornton (NZ)
US Army Ranger (IRE)
Venezuela (IRE)
Yucatan (IRE)
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Linen the only Aus bred and he is an unraced 7 year old.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>