Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 66>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:09pm
Have a look at the above whale.
It is right up your alley.....
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:48pm
Look Isaac the old band is getting back together. Whatever happened to Trump sorting this mess out? Maybe SloMo can hold a special prayer session and it wont happen.

Top North Korean official commits to bolstering military ties with China
Kim Su Kil met with Zhang Youxia, other top PLA officials in Beijing on Saturday

Dagyum Ji 

A top North Korean military official at Beijing meetings with Chinese counterparts over the weekend pledged to improve ties between the two countries’ armed forces, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported on Monday.

Kim Su Kil, who serves as Director of the General Political Bureau of the Korean People’s Army (KPA), arrived in Beijing on Friday.

He and other DPRK officials then met with Zhang Youxia, vice chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the Communist Party of China (CPC), the following day at the Bayi Building, KCNA said.

Zhang reportedly hailed the delegation’s visit as being of “crucial significance in bilateral exchange.”

Friendly ties between the two countries, he continued, had entered a “new historic chapter” in the wake of five summits between DPRK leader Kim Jong Un and Chinese President Xi Jinping between March 2018 and June this year.

“He stressed that it is a consistent and unyielding policy of China to further consolidate and successfully develop China-DPRK relations,” KCNA reported.

The North Korean military delegation also participated in a reception hosted by Zhang, though state media did not report on Kim’s remarks at the meeting.

Beijing Ministry of National Defense also confirmed a meeting was held Saturday afternoon, in a statement in which Zhang was quoted as having said the Chinese military would work to consolidate the “understanding” agreed to by the two countries earlier in the year.

The Chinese vice chairman also expressed Beijing’s intention to “strengthen communication and promote cooperation and mutual support by taking the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations.”

The People’s Liberation Army (PLA), Zhang said, will strive to “actively contribute to the solid development of bilateral relations and regional peace and stability.”

Kim Su Gil (left) and Zhang Youxia (right) met in Beijing on Saturday | Photo: PRC Ministry of National Defense

June’s fifth summit between Kim and Xi saw the two leaders agree to “maintain the tradition of high-level exchange” and “deepen exchanges and cooperation in each field.”

The visit by the North Korean military delegation saw the two sides reportedly continue to build on that agreement.

It also comes ahead of the 70th anniversary of the two countries’ establishing diplomatic ties, which falls on October 6 this year.

Bilateral ties between the two countries have been “continuously strengthened,” Kim said, adding that the maintenance of that friendship is the “unwavering stance” of the Workers Party of Korea (WPK), as well as the government and the military.

“The DPRK is willing to work with China to strengthen friendly exchanges between the two armed forces in various fields… learn from each other, and promote the relations between the two countries and the two armed forces to a high level,” he said.

The Chinese defense ministry on Saturday said the North Korean military had begun an “official goodwill visit” on Friday on the invitation of Admiral Miao Hua, who serves as director of the Political Work Department of China’s CMC.

Kim also met with Admiral Miao Hua (center, in the white) | Photo: KCNA

Kim and Miao also held talks Saturday afternoon at the Bayi Building — their first meeting since the June Sino-DPRK summit.

That meeting saw the top North Korean military official express his desire “to develop the friendly and cooperative relations between the armies of the DPRK and China to a higher level in line with the lofty intentions” of the two countries’ leaders, KCNA reported.

Miao, in turn, said President Xi and the CMC placed “great importance” on the “very significant” visit by the North Korean delegation.

Bilateral friendly relations “have developed on a new level” after a series of meetings between the leaders, Miao told Kim, adding the ties had been “further strengthened in the 70 years of ordeal and difficulty.”

“He emphasized that [China], with the Korean comrades, will strengthen and develop bilateral relations by realizing the common understandings of the top leaders of the two countries,” KCNA quoted Miao as having said.

The North Korean military delegation was welcomed to Beijing with a ceremony in front of the Bayi Building, North Korean state media said, with Miao, Chinese military officials, and staff members from the North Korean embassy in Beijing in attendance.

The Chinese also held a reception at the Diaoyutai State Guesthouse on Friday evening.

North Korean media on Sunday also reported the delegation had met with the Chinese head of the International Liaison Department of the CPC Central Committee Song Tao the previous day, though did not provide further details.

The talks came around one month after Song — seen as a key Sino-DPRK interlocutor — held talks withNorth Korean first vice director at the International Department of the Party Central Committee Kim Song Nam in Beijing in July.

Song previously traveled to Pyongyang as a special envoy of Xi in November 2017. He also visited the DPRK with a Chinese art troupe in April 2018 and accompanied Xi in June.

Edited by Oliver Hotham

https://www.nknews.org/2019/08/top-north-korean-official-commits-to-bolstering-military-ties-with-china/

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Paid pro China student agitators at State Library demonstration the other day.

No biggie though, a common tactic used by many countries around the world

no biggie whale, if you want them to shut up, you know, deflect.  But the world is certainly onto this one. Just be grateful whale your family is not affected. I suppose you dont think Tienanmen Square happened either.

Hong Kong protester targeted on Chinese social media platform WeChat following protest in Adelaide

A pro-Hong Kong protester says she has been targeted on social media after attending a pro-democracy rally in Adelaide's CBD last week.

Key points:

• A protester claims she has been the victim of online attacks on Chinese social media
  • "Doxxing" is an attack on a person's privacy in which personal details are shared online
  • The claims come as protests continue to escalate in Adelaide and throughout Australia

A social media expert told the ABC the harassment, known as "doxxing", was aimed at silencing critics of Beijing.

Aski*, from Hong Kong, who did not want her name published, said she turned up to the protest at the University of South Australia on Friday without wearing a mask.

Tensions quickly boiled over between pro-Hong Kong and pro-Beijing protesters, and she was captured on camera by a pro-Beijing supporter.

She said the photo was then shared on Chinese social media app WeChat.

"They thought I was the head of the whole thing," Aski said.

She said less than an hour after the protest finished she started receiving messages from her friends claiming her personal details had been shared widely on the platform.

ABC News has sighted WeChat posts which publicly reveal her full legal name, workplace, WeChat account and a photo of her at the protest.

"I was a little depressed … as I don't know what they are going to do and I don't know what will be affected, so at that moment I shut down all the ways you can search for my WeChat ID," she said.

"I was a bit embarrassed at that particular moment."

'Worried about family in Hong Kong'

She said following the protest she received another message of a screenshot from WeChat which had a photo of her sitting down to eat at Costco, while she was there.

"I then asked [my friend] 'how do you know that?'" she said.

"They said 'well it's in the WeChat group, it says where you are online'.

"I thought 'wow, is that really happening in Australia' and I was shocked as well.

"When I drove back from Costco to my home I couldn't stop looking at my back mirror and my left and right mirror to make sure no-one was following me.

"I spent another 30 minutes trying to go through other suburbs to try and hide my tracks."

Aski said she was worried the dissemination of her personal information could have consequences for her family living in Hong Kong.

"The Chinese Government can know everything so you're not going to know what the Chinese Government is going to do," she said.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-20/hong-kong-protester-targeted-in-doxxing-attack-on-social-media/11429520

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:15pm
Pt who ever believed the treacherous North Korea would change its spots. That is the nature of the beasts. You must be doing cartwheels however.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:16pm
Russian and Trumper Trolls say mean things to me on twitter every day Isaac.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:20pm
Dont  see the abc reporting it pt.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm
No it is a disgrace. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 5:08pm
You need to get your FACE on tv pt.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
You trying to dox me Isaac?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:31pm
Whoops Isaac, this fabulous thread nearly fell off the first page.

No need to thank me. Hug
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm

Australian writer Yang Hengjun charged with spying in China

Former diplomat, a campaigner for democratic reforms, has been detained since January

The Australian novelist and former Chinese diplomat Yang Hengjun has been charged with espionage in Beijing.

Yang has been detained in China since January when he was arrested in Guangzhou. He is being held in Beijing in a ministry of state security detention centre.

The Australian embassy was informed by the Beijing national security bureau on Monday afternoon that Yang had been formally charged, “suspected of committing espionage crimes”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/27/australian-writer-yang-hengjun-charged-spying-china

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:44am
These Aussie Spies are bloody careless! ... we don't seem to train them as well as the Russians do!Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:37pm
Detained in January, but charged with a crime that carries the death penalty only shortly after RWNJ f*cknuckle Andrew Hastie's comments comparing China to Nazi Germany.
 Coincidence?
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
PT -  maybe thats why they locked him up but who would know?  6 months locked up without a charge. Are they living in the 21st century or the 15th?
and everyone is too scared to challenge them in case they lose a trade deal
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:32pm
This is common practice by China, Russia, Nth Korea, Iran etc. They impose foreign policy by kidnapping and blackmail. They arrest people and hold them hostage for an exchange or to silence criticism of them. I dont think this is a coincidence that they have been holding this guy for 7 months, yet only decide to do something after an Aust govt member criticises them. Same with the Crown executives they arrested and jailed.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:38pm
I blame Isaac.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:40pm
Well not entirely. Tongue Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 10:00pm
He has taken his eye off the ball and look what happens. Shocked
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Detained in January, but charged with a crime that carries the death penalty only shortly after RWNJ f*cknuckle Andrew Hastie's comments comparing China to Nazi Germany.
 Coincidence?

Oh, let me see, it's Andrew Hasties fault!

Maybe you ask gelatibag Sam Disasteryari - or any of your treasonous mates in the ALP ... 

How many Aldi bags full of $100 notes should he be demanding in exchange for make favourable comments about China's invasion of the South Pacific - maybe he could add some plaudits about their human rights record? ... thank you in advance you unhinged hypocrite! LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 10:39pm
I dont recall Sam calling President Xi a Nazi.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:04pm

NSW Labor boss Kaila Murnain faces suspension after day of stunning revelations at corruption inquiry

NSW Labor general secretary Kaila Murnain is facing suspension from the party, with Opposition Leader Jodi McKay saying she no longer has confidence in her judgment.

Key points:

• ALP officials are meeting tonight to suspend Ms Murnain
  • Ms Murnain earlier told ICAC she does not remember an Aldi bag of cash but knew a large sum of money was delivered to Labor headquarters
  • Ms Murnain said Labor Party lawyer Ian Robertson told her to keep quiet and not record anything in her diary

The move comes after Ms Murnain told the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) that Labor's lawyer advised her to keep quiet about an alleged illegal donation from a Chinese property developer.

The ICAC is investigating whether NSW Labor received an illegal $100,000 cash donationdisguised as smaller donations at a Chinese Friends of Labor dinner in 2015.

Ms McKay issued a statement saying she was "appalled" by the evidence this week.

"I have therefore asked the party officers to convene a meeting tonight to suspend Kaila Murnain as general secretary, as I no longer have confidence in her judgement," she said.

"Pat Garcia will act in the role of general secretary".

Ms Murnain told the inquiry that former Labor MP Ernest Wong contacted her in a distressed state in 2016 to tell her billionaire Huang Xiangmo had made a large donation to the party.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-28/icac-nsw-labor-boss-kaila-murnain-faces-suspension/11455814

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:10pm

Hard to make out what he was saying with Chinese cCensored in his mouth.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:11pm

He wouldn't dare. and never would so a moot point.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:18pm
Yes that was my point Isaac...thanks. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Coincidence?

Oh, let me see, it's Andrew Hasties fault!

Maybe you ask gelatibag Sam Disasteryari - or any of your treasonous mates in the ALP ... 

How many Aldi bags full of $100 notes should he be demanding in exchange for make favourable comments about China's invasion of the South Pacific - maybe he could add some plaudits about their human rights record? ... thank you in advance you unhinged hypocrite! LOL

Maybe you should read again PT ... that was the question, how does Hastie now go about ingratiating himself with the Chinese ... apart from fellatio that is.Embarrassed

Does he have to accept bags full of cash and then make unAustralian comments favourable to the Chinese regime? ... like Slimebag Sam did!Big smile

Take your time ...

Ooops speaking of timely ... it just keeps on getting better with your mugs PT!

Only the best (and homeliest!) people PT!Wink

NSW Labor General Secretary Kaila Murnain suspended by party after revealing knowledge of illegal donation

A woman with dark hair walks down a street.

NSW Labor general secretary Kaila Murnain has been suspended from her role after she revealed knowledge of an alleged illegal donation to the party by a Chinese property developer.

Ms Murnain gave evidence to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) yesterday that she discovered the party received a prohibited donation but received advice to keep quiet.

NSW Labor Leader Jodi McKay released a statement last night saying she had asked the party to convene a meeting to suspend Ms Murnain from her role.

"I no longer have confidence in her judgement," she said. "Pat Garcia will act in the role of general secretary".

The ABC understands the meeting has decided to suspend Ms Murnain from her role.

Ms McKay said she was "appalled by the evidence" of the past three days and is "taking steps to clean up the mess at the ALP head office".

ICAC is investigating whether NSW Labor received an illegal $100,000 cash donationdisguised as smaller donations at a Chinese Friends of Labor dinner in 2015.

Ms Murnain told the inquiry that former Labor MP Ernest Wong contacted her in a distressed state in 2016 to tell her billionaire Huang Xiangmo had made a large donation to the party.

This would be illegal as property developers are prohibited from making political donations in NSW.

HEY ... WHERE'S "ELBOW"?

THESE ARE HIS BEST PEOPLE!!!

Image result for fake smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:36pm
Do you feel better now that you have blamed Labor?

Seems to work for Isaac. He always sparks up when he finds a Labor bad story.Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 5:44pm
LOL ... sorry to blame Labor for Labor's perrenial corruption ... it's not Labor's fault that it's ingrained in Labor's DNA!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm
This will be fine by Isaac, after all his economic policy is to stop dealing with China totally. Must want to experience living conditions of 3rd world countries, genius Confused

550,000 Aussie jobs at risk from Chinese ‘hard landing’

More than half a million Australians could lose their jobs if China’s economy abruptly slows, and the economy could take a $140 billion hit.

The People’s Republic of China [PRC] is the country’s largest trading partner, accounting for nearly a third of all exports,” Thorpe said in research he will present to the China Matters Forum today.

“While Australia has benefitted from the growth of the PRC economy, it also leaves us relatively more vulnerable in the event of a downturn. Thus, Australia will not be able to avoid economic disruption in the event of a PRC hard landing.”

A Chinese ‘hard landing’ would generally be considered a situation where the Asian country’s GDP growth falls from three to five percentage points. It’s currently sitting at 6 per cent.

And, such a plummet could be triggered by an escalation in the protracted trade war China is engaged in with the United States.

Alternatively, a US recession could also trigger such a fall, as could a Chinese property market correction, political disruption - like that unfolding in Hong Kong - and a breakdown of the Chinese banking systems.

China has proven capable of addressing individual risks, Thorpe said, but if more than one of these dangers are realised at the same time, the likelihood of a hard landing increases.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/trade-war-could-claim-550000-jobs-if-not-managed-003842805.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:39pm
Thanks Donny.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:47pm
You will be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 66>