Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Celebrity Sexual Accusations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I mean seriously - how many men can claim to go through life never having made a suggestive sexual comment in jest ? Didn't any of you blokes ever go out Clubbing with your mates when you were young (no need for you to answer Whale - the answer is obvious).

big difference , was not the odd sexual comment, was systematic , continual sexual harassment, bullying and using his position of power
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I mean seriously - how many men can claim to go through life never having made a suggestive sexual comment in jest ? Didn't any of you blokes ever go out Clubbing with your mates when you were young (no need for you to answer Whale - the answer is obvious).

big difference , was not the odd sexual comment, was systematic , continual sexual harassment, bullying and using his position of power
Exactly - he used those traits to get to his position of power. Not to many nice guys get to the top Whale. Usually leave a human train wreck behind
Refer ALP Election Promises
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:41pm
Geoffrey Rush is a big surprise.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:41pm

Think a few on here need to spend a day at the zoo watching the Gorillas. Hierarchy is established by bullying / harassment - which is why achievers like Burke are good at it. Again, fairly obvious I would have thought. 

The gorillas do it out in the open. If a light is shone on two-faced hypocrites like Burke and we get to see what they’re really like then I have no problem with that. Let them squirm.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Think a few on here need to spend a day at the zoo watching the Gorillas. Hierarchy is established by bullying / harassment - which is why achievers like Burke are good at it. Again, fairly obvious I would have thought. 

The gorillas do it out in the open. If a light is shone on two-faced hypocrites like Burke and we get to see what they’re really like then I have no problem with that. Let them squirm.

Absolutely let them squirm. Unless they have aspergers or a sexual disorder or mental health issues, in which case we should embrace and nurture them?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:46pm

you seem very keen to ignore these allegations, saying that powerful people do things like that or it is not as bad as some, eg Aboriginal women's treatment is no excuse. If everyone was like you this sort of behaviour would continue unabated indefinitely . If this fuss stops a few people from acting like that it is worth it .Bring it on I say
That's exactly what I'm saying - I mean its been that way for thousands of bloody years ! If any of these blokes are guilty of sexual assault charge them like any one else - not hard . Otherwise bring in some new laws stopping powerful people dominating those around them. Otherwise Company guidelines/rules will need to suffice.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:49pm

Only with the good looking ones Judge !
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:49pm
Not much seen on a TV screen is an accurate reflection of reality, including the "non-fiction".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Absolutely let them squirm. Unless they have aspergers or a sexual disorder or mental health issues, in which case we should embrace and nurture them?

Pathetic effort, even by your lofty standards.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:56pm
The other interesting thing about all this is that it seems to be a distinctly WESTERN thing. Can you imagine this sort of carry on in Japan, Indonesia , India or Afghanistan ? We must somehow set higher standards than that lot. Deary me !
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:01pm

The other interesting thing about all this is that it seems to be a distinctly WESTERN thing. Can you imagine this sort of carry on in Japan, Indonesia , India or Afghanistan ? We must somehow set higher standards than that lot. Deary me !

your arguments are getting more and more ridiculous. Yeah let's stone to death a woman who has been raped, or set on fire a woman who displeased her husband Confused
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:14pm

your arguments are getting more and more ridiculous. Yeah let's stone to death a woman who has been raped, or set on fire a woman who displeased her husband Confused
No - all I'm saying is that many folk from other parts of the word would see this carry re "bad behaviour" plain crazy. If its more than "bad behaviour" we have laws to deal with it. You seem hell bent on overnight rewiring what has taken 100,000's of years to evolve to. You do know this stuff is not a new phenomenon don't you Whale ? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:26pm
No ones talking about rewiring. It’s saying behave yourself. Lots of other blokes have no problems doing it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:28pm
As I've already said numerous times I find Burkes "bad behaviour" appalling. Absolute lollipop of the highest order. However, I also believe not too much of it would be likely to result in any "permanent scars" to those subjected to it.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:33pm
1-1 is right, it isn't a major crime situation, but it isn't defensible either.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:36pm

No ones talking about rewiring. It’s saying behave yourself. Lots of other blokes have no problems doing it.
Not sure about that Judge. I'm not sure what traits are good & what are not for a fellow any more. Fifty years ago it was much clearer. Masculinity , being the bread winner, showing chivalry are just a few areas that have become hazy for me.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:36pm
No official complaints made Public in 25 to 30 years and then suddenly an avalanche of more than 200 .     
Like Susy O'Neill who had a disgusting verbal remark , made to her in front of her Husband.   No doubt that happened , would have shocked them both.      . mentally unstable is Burke , without doubt.
WHY do they all tolerate such behaviour for so many years.?
Exaggeration at it's best ?.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:39pm

Which bit?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:40pm
The crass and crude isn't new with entertainment personalities, I recall Bernard King making a suggestive remark to Ann Sanders on the TV screen many years ago, and her reacting abruptly and negatively to it. Just a tiny little reveal of what was probably going on behind the scenes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:41pm

Not sure about that Judge. I'm not sure what traits are good & what are not for a fellow any more. Fifty years ago it was much clearer. Masculinity , being the bread winner, showing chivalry are just a few areas that have become hazy for me.

Pretty sure it’s possible to be a successful man without being an abusive creep.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:41pm

Another example - I don't know whether to shake hands, give a peck on the cheek, a tap on the shoulder or nothing at all when meeting a female now - I sort of let them take the lead & watch their body language.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:43pm

Which bit?

Your characteristic attempt at a gratuitous snipe.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:44pm
Shaking hands is fine. Is your c**t as big as that flower? Not so
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:45pm

Hell of a lot of women get attracted to "bad boys" Judge. Why is that ? Nice fellas regularly run second !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Shaking hands is fine. Is your c**t as big as that flower? Not so
Thanks PT - that clears that one up for me !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:48pm
I am here to help
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:48pm
Depends on your familiarity with people, what might be acceptable, but I still marvel that Burke didn't cop a proper hiding, given his seeming serial offensive behaviour. He might yet, now all this is out, and regardless of his years.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:16pm
That remark by Burke to Susy O'Neill and her Husband is typical.
Totally disinhibited , out of touch with reality.   A sick man obviously.
It would be interesting to know how his wife and family have coped through all of this.
---------
GOOGLE..    Burk's wife has been battling breast cancer for 15 years.
Some mention of him having abnormal attitude problems back in 1993.
More to come out it would seem.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:21pm

Another example - I don't know whether to shake hands, give a peck on the cheek, a tap on the shoulder or nothing at all when meeting a female now - I sort of let them take the lead & watch their body language.

and now it starts, making the perpetrators the disadvantaged ones, the same as white supremascists saying whites are discriminated against.

I am pretty sure if you shook a woman\s hand  hand you would be safe Confused
 Powerful men have always acted disgracefully, might is right, are you a powerful man ?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:26pm

Hmmmm, what if ol' Donny is gender dysphoric?
He'd need counseling.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>