Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Celebrity Sexual Accusations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 10:24am
Two thoughts come to mind with all the sexual harassment furore, firstly cold-canvassing of any person for sexual purposes, is crass behaviour, and secondly, it should be in everyone's repertoire to ably deflect or defuse any such approaches, if unwelcome, with a minimum of fuss, and without any loss of dignity. Only when a clear line has been drawn, but then crossed again, should it become a serious matter.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Two thoughts come to mind with all the sexual harassment furore, firstly cold-canvassing of any person for sexual purposes, is crass behaviour, and secondly, it should be in everyone's repertoire to ably deflect or defuse any such approaches, if unwelcome, with a minimum of fuss, and without any loss of dignity. Only when a clear line has been drawn, but then crossed again, should it become a serious matter.

Won't be long and there will be NO respect for women.

False allegations are rampant.   Feminists are a damaging force.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:25am
Is it the victims fault for speaking up?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:31am
It becomes a vicious circle, predator uses position of power to pester persons who fear that power can have adverse consequences for them, don't complain, predator then emboldened to continue, and expand his misbehaviour. If it was easy to break that circle, this conversation would not be happening. It is no good whinging that it is the predator's "fault", and not complaining, that does not solve it.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:39am
But you keep saying that kids/women not speaking up for years diminishes their case.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

But you keep saying that kids/women not speaking up for years diminishes their case.

Let's keep kids out of this one, but how is there any inconsistency in what I said ? By not complaining, you do feed the fire, and expose others to the same. That is the only circuit breaker, speak up in timely fashion, as a matter of principle, not the expedience of remaining silent for your career's sake. If that is the type of industry or workplace, that whistle-blowers are ostracized, you are well out of it anyway.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The judgemental, all knowing one, despite not having any personal experience says they should report immediately. Easy for someone sitting on a forum all day, real life is not so straightforward and logical. Fear, intimidation, knowledge that complaints will be ignored of there will be repercussions, shame, disbelief.

But hey keep dispensing your "practical " advice Max Thumbs Up

Like that clown on a channel 10 breakfast show who attacked women for staying in abusive relationships Ouch
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 1:18pm
As soon as the credits they gained from the first couple of gratuitous pussy grabs run dry, yes, the "victims" should immediately get in touch with a celebrity lawyer and work on their strategy to milk it for every cent ... I mean reveal their OUTRAGE! ... it's their democratic right, and most western countries would be bankrupt without the economic (and other)  stimulus!Thumbs Up
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

As soon as the credits they gained from the first couple of gratuitous pussy grabs run dry, yes, the "victims" should immediately get in touch with a celebrity lawyer and work on their strategy to milk it for every cent ... I mean reveal their OUTRAGE! ... it's their democratic right, and most western countries would be bankrupt without the economic (and other)  stimulus!Thumbs Up

If that stops a few of the predators I agree, whatever works
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:34pm
Matt Damon being put through the wringer for observing that there is a difference between a pat on the bum and rape.LOL Now that my consciousness has been raised it suddenly becomes clear to me that I have been the victim of multiple sexual assaults, by women.Shocked
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:47pm
If the complaint is enough to come forward with , by all means .
Too many have been exposed as false accusations .

For mine ,   if it has been so bad , act on it in a reasonable time frame.
    Otherwise it is a payback and/ or a huge credibility question.

After " years " ,   Wot a
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Matt Damon being put through the wringer for observing that there is a difference between a pat on the bum and rape.LOL Now that my consciousness has been raised it suddenly becomes clear to me that I have been the victim of multiple sexual assaults, by women.Shocked

Gratuitous bragging ... Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

You really don't get it do you.Cry
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

You really don't get it do you.Cry

You don't need to bold, I get it, not rocket science Confused

I don't care if the complaints are gratuitous, will make the predators have second and third thoughts
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
If the complaints are gratuitous, there are no "predators" ... you sound just like a cancerous feminist;

" ... I don't care how many innocent men are accused!"

... and what about someone like me, who when I was young and working my way up the corporate ladder, was constantly (selectively) fending off the advances of all the "cougars" ... who's going to believe me if I were to complain (brag) about it today? ... not you I bet!Cry
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 5:17pm
Take your hand off it Doc.  Ermm

ps does self-abuse constitute a criminal offence?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 5:34pm
... only if you're so bad at you decide to make a complaint ... my understanding is that macca is on a warning!LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:30pm

... only if you're so bad at you decide to make a complaint ... my understanding is that macca is on a warning!LOL

The only warning Macca is on is to keep away from the "dogs",    >That way He won't catch fleas.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:01am
You mean a "Dingo Ugly"?

" ... soon as I looked at her I got a soft on"

" ... only if you held it's head!"LOL

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 8:39am

You mean a "Dingo Ugly"?

" ... soon as I looked at her I got a soft on"

" ... only if you held it's head!"LOL

CRUDE
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:52pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:57pm
Saw him live at Bankstown Sports Club many years ago - absolute genius! 

... better than JA, whom he would have described as "funny as a fart in an elevator!"

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!LOL .
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The casting couch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nldh_QQORE

What ridiculous point are you trying to make? Advancement in the forces is not determined by your ability at unarmed combat, I am sure many privates can beat up generals Confused

Or maybe you are trying to illustrate that most men can beat up most women, so what.

Most 12 year olds could beat up a decrepit 83 year, proving what ?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:34pm

Saw him live at Bankstown Sports Club many years ago - absolute genius! 

... better than JA, whom he would have described as "funny as a fart in an elevator!"

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!LOL .

saw him about 3 times.

1st time very funny. 2 and 3 were exactly the same material!

he kept touring for years after, but i sacked him. his broom brush props for celebrity bush were funny
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:34pm
Bit quiet here for a couple of days....

Add Jarryd Hayne who has been accused of raping a woman while he was in the US playing NFL.

Jarryd denies the accusation.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:40pm
Mentioned on the NRL thread. Pretty awful if true, and pretty awful if it isn't, for Hayne anyway.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:10pm
Tracey Spicer who has given all this a "kick along " said last night that thousands of women have come forward, to accuse hundreds of powerful men.
( TBV males can breathe easy = not powerful enough .)

What a joke it all is ...Women can run faster with their dress up than men can with their trousers down ...       ( great old saying )
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:13pm
I guess Men will just have to adjust and advertise themselves like COUGARS do.

COUGARS are "IN".
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
"Hi I'm LION FOREST,top golfer....please contact me if you want to play a hole with me "
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:19pm
Cougars have teeth, and bite.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>