Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Ashes Summer 2017-2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:41pm
Time for a wicket!

Come on Aussie, come on!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:32pm
Very interesting game now ..      Oz fav but not the good things they would have been with a follow on.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:49am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Very interesting game now ..      Oz fav but not the good things they would have been with a follow on.

Crazy not to have the POMs follow on with the pink ball in hand. Duh!

Last day's play will be very interesting!
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:41am
What this "sport" needs is some powerful directional microphones, to pick up the chit-chat from the "sportsmen" on the Australian team. (May be both sides, but I'd say the Australians might have the better of it). They are at it continuously, and I'm tipping the content of it would curl the hair of a lot of people who "follow the cricket".
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:05am
Went to the first three days, which was about all my time (not to mention my liver) could afford. Incredible stadium, amazing atmosphere, people from all over the world in a genuinely festive and positive atmosphere. Bit like the Melbourne Cup Carnival- you don’t even have to like cricket, though it certainly helps. If you ever get the chance...

Hopefully we now get the grandstand finish this match deserves, though suspect it might fizzle. Aussies by lunch.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Went to the first three days, which was about all my time (not to mention my liver) could afford. Incredible stadium, amazing atmosphere, people from all over the world in a genuinely festive and positive atmosphere. Bit like the Melbourne Cup Carnival- you don’t even have to like cricket, though it certainly helps. If you ever get the chance...

Hopefully we now get the grandstand finish this match deserves, though suspect it might fizzle. Aussies by lunch.

Your living on hope Judge.
The atmosphere would have to be magic at such a place, agreed.     Not a lot else to remember, except a crazy decision not to have the Poms follow on.     Paint drying or grass growing covers test cricket well.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:12pm
Good call Judge Holden .     Lunch , it could well be .
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 6:53pm
Was told by someone today that a lot of the acrimony around the two teams today stems from Australian targeting Bairstow. Bairstow's father committed suicide when his son was 8, and it was the young son who found the body.

I'm informed the Aussies have been using this. Now I have no idea if this is correct but if true it's an incredible new low, and I sincerely hope it's not. If it is, I hope someone has the guts to come out and expose it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 6:57pm
Ring up Jim Maxwell and see what he says.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Was told by someone today that a lot of the acrimony around the two teams today stems from Australian targeting Bairstow. Bairstow's father committed suicide when his son was 8, and it was the young son who found the body.

I'm informed the Aussies have been using this. Now I have no idea if this is correct but if true it's an incredible new low, and I sincerely hope it's not. If it is, I hope someone has the guts to come out and expose it.

That would indeed be a massive low.

I can not believe they would stoop that low.

I suspect if they were, England would be making far more of it than what has been made.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:04pm
If they were stooping that low I would have no issues if A Pom belted one of the Aussie players.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:06pm
Cricket needs something to make it interesting, the Liverpool Kiss might help !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:22pm
I'll never forget Lillee running away from that Pakistani. Australian cricketers are a pain in the arse.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I'll never forget Lillee running away from that Pakistani. Australian cricketers are a pain in the arse.

You mean the bat wielding Javed Miandad ?  

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:29pm
Lillee hid behind the ump ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:34pm
I remember a bloke telling me how he met a number of the West Indies team in the 70's or 80's Clive Lloyd plus some other big names. They didn't have much complimentary to say about the Aussie's antics.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:42pm
I am not sure why they would be surprised, We are a nation of convicts. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I am not sure why they would be surprised, We are a nation of convicts. 

Hmmm....not sure whether we can blame that.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 11:52am
There is shock in Australian cricket at a report of an alleged spot-fixing attempt on the third Ashes Test, which starts in Perth on Thursday.
The ICC has launched an investigation after officials visited the offices of London newspaper The Sun, which has published purported evidence of two bookmakers offering to sell details of rigged periods of play for betting purposes.
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 11:54am
Why on earth would a bookmaker sell details of a "fix" ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 11:59am
Could be a hoax, it is being suggested, or it could refer to a 20/20 match
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 1:50pm
Just tried installing the cricket Australia live app to watch the cricket during my lunch break, they expect a payment ($6 day rate or $30 annually) not to bad I guess but I refuse to pay for something I can watch for free at home. When really I'm only going to watch 10 minutes here or there on my phone where's the value in paying?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Just tried installing the cricket Australia live app to watch the cricket during my lunch break, they expect a payment ($6 day rate or $30 annually) not to bad I guess but I refuse to pay for something I can watch for free at home. When really I'm only going to watch 10 minutes here or there on my phone where's the value in paying?

I'm free Afros , for anything ..     I'll be at Widden anyday now.

2 for 91 the poms ATM.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 4:33pm
You can rely on a Marsh to drop a catch!

Stoneman wont be long for this earth if he keeps leading with his jaw, like Whale!Ouch

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 9:09pm
Smith needs to get a Double Ton in this spot....
Eights to get his ton and then go for more. Needs to have this on his resume against the POMs.

Last WACA pitch far from the pace that terrorized batsmen over years.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:04pm
Best Australian Batsman ever, is our Tommy Tugger Smith.

Terrible decision last test but 200 tomorrow and all is forgiven.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:04am
Who is the famous Aust player they are interviewing over the match fixing scandal ??
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:43am
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Who is the famous Aust player they are interviewing over the match fixing scandal ??

NO.
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:57am
Our current spin king has been caught doing what my dog does.

Taking his bone to the bxtch next door.

He will be a passenger now , with his mind on some other wicked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>