Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tosen Stardom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tosen Stardom
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:06pm
I was at the races Saturday and have to say he is an amazing looking horse and I can see why he was so expensive as a yearling
Given he has the deep impact blood- is a Stakes winning 2yr old who trained on with big pedigree - what service fee do you think he will stand at and where do you think he will stand ?
I only have 3 mares but would love to send 1-2 of mine to him
A friend of mine knows Weir well and his been quoted as saying the best horse by a long way he has ever trained
Hoping someone in QLD gets him but thinking it will be Victoria although my friend didn't know but I'm told possible 2 of the biggest Studs in the Hunter where going to inspect him ? Does anyone know anything ?
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:53am
I know nothing but agree that he is a superb prospect and wouldn't be out of place in the Hunter. Real Impact received good (if not great) support first season with 134 mares and this bloke is probably better credentialed.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:08pm
Will stand at WOODSIDE PARK & be  very well supported
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:32pm
Has he been retired?
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 10:40pm
No
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:44pm
$17,500
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:26pm
Very hit and miss on the track, weak and gives up easily. Hope hes not like that in the breeding barn LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Very hit and miss on the track, weak and gives up easily. Hope hes not like that in the breeding barn LOL

That Weirism through and through.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:27pm
Does anyone have an opinion of this guy 5mths on from the previous post?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:11pm
I've only seen pics and vids of his foals but, wowee, they look like cracking types! Very athletic and racehorsey.
Will be interested in what others think...
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 9:29pm
I have 4 foals by him and my friend has 2- across 3 different farms and im told my worst is a 7 out of 10 and 2 10/10's on type
I am hearing lots of positive things about them
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 9:44pm
Congrats Bushy and best wishes.  

Hope you didn't pay more that the going rate of $9,900.  
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:16pm
Early test of the market coming up with Woodside offering an unreserved draft though Inglis digital.

Interesting times with plenty of bloodstock types wetting themselves over the global recession. 
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:27pm
Having bought my first broodmare in 1979 I've seen quite a few downturns. However even after the 87 crash & the absolutely abysmal sales circa 1990 I believe this crisis will have a greater impact.
In the past there were far more stallions in the commercial market place & a myriad of commercial sales breeders with 3-6 mares. Thus there was a more even spread of risk.
It will be interesting to what percentage of losses members of the NSW cartel can afford
The people with real worries are those who have bought broodmares at inflated prices just trying to keep up. Further they have then sent said mares to overpriced stallions.
Don't be surprised if the sale average for fillies is $15 - $20 k in 2 years time for all sales except the 2 majors ( I have extrapolated these figures from the early 90's sales at which I was an unfortunate vendor. )
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:43am
The figures coming out of the March Magic Millions Sale are not pleasant reading. The one positive if there is one is that racehorse ownership will be more affordable. A 5% share in a $10000 horse will potentially bring a lot more small owners in. 
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Early test of the market coming up with Woodside offering an unreserved draft though Inglis digital.

Interesting times with plenty of bloodstock types wetting themselves over the global recession. 
Turns out there's only two mares in foal to this bloke.

Suppose that's a good sign if you've got one.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

Having bought my first broodmare in 1979 I've seen quite a few downturns. However even after the 87 crash & the absolutely abysmal sales circa 1990 I believe this crisis will have a greater impact.
In the past there were far more stallions in the commercial market place & a myriad of commercial sales breeders with 3-6 mares. Thus there was a more even spread of risk.
It will be interesting to what percentage of losses members of the NSW cartel can afford
The people with real worries are those who have bought broodmares at inflated prices just trying to keep up. Further they have then sent said mares to overpriced stallions.
Don't be surprised if the sale average for fillies is $15 - $20 k in 2 years time for all sales except the 2 majors ( I have extrapolated these figures from the early 90's sales at which I was an unfortunate vendor. )
Newgate leveraged to their eyeballs with Chinese money... funnily enough, I think China will come out of this ok. Europe is in a bit of strife though - they're all tapping the Saudi wells & i'm not convinced that they're the horse to bet on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 6:10pm
Just two in foal to 2019 covers?  How would anyone know, and irrespective find that difficult to believe after 86% fertility the year before.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Just two in foal to 2019 covers?  How would anyone know, and irrespective find that difficult to believe after 86% fertility the year before.

Pretty sure they mean in the aforementioned Woodside Dispersal catalogue SC - just two of the lots on offer covered by Tosen Stardom.

www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:36pm
Oops.  Thanks VSP.
 Post Reply Post Reply