Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

You've Been Had

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You've Been Had
    Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:04am
Just catching up with some replays over the last week and found this gem.

Anyone see his two wins? A 5yo who has only just got to the races and he went bang with a 6L debut win off two nothing trials (with a geld in between), then went straight to BM64 and did the same thing with 60kg!

Looks a low flyer and has plenty of scope. Late bloomer who may be over his troubles now and ready to deliver on a much bigger stage than Mornington, I'd suggest. I know nothing about the trainer Lisa Enright.

The sire, Reward For Effort, is the real deal and probably the most underrated stallion in the country.
Sunline...simply supreme
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:09am
He was enormous on debut, been the talk of the town down this way.
Was pretty good again last week.
Possibly going to a 955 at the Valley nights next
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:59pm
Cheers, Sky - good intel. Will keep an eye out. Not surprised he sent tongues wagging.
Sunline...simply supreme
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:14pm
I believe Lisa is a Kiwi & does a good job with a small team. My take on those older horses starting out is that they're not cheap to persevere with so must've shown something & if with a small trainer, are usually worth the gamble to find at decent odds.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:21am
Excellent name for a racehorse
goyougoodthing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goyougoodthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:31pm
Don't see them win like that too often. Group class for sure. Potential star.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 4:53pm
Mornington trainer Lisa Enright will unleash gifted galloper You've Been Had at The Valley on Friday night in an attempt to extend his unbeaten streak to three.

After bursting onto the scene with two dominant wins on his home track at Mornington, Enright gave some thought to spelling the gelding but said he'd continued to thrive since his most recent success on November 5.

Jake Noonan will again partner the son of Reward For Effort in the Benchmark 70 Handicap, which will see him tackle the six furlongs for the first time after two scintillating wins over 1000m.

"He came through that run at Mornington absolutely fine," Enright said.

"He had a week off but he did so well so I thought we'd press on for one more run before he goes for a spell ahead of the autumn."

Purchased by Enright as a weanling, the five-year-old has been given time to mature and overcome some minor setbacks as a young horse, including a bout of pharyngitis and several splints.

The trainer pointed to You've Been Had's tractable racing style when talking up his chances of another victory on Friday but is adamant he will derive further benefit from a spell and can return a more formidable galloper next campaign.

"Because we own most of him, we were able to give him the time we thought he needed before he got to the track," she said.

"He's definitely the best horse I've had but in saying that, I haven't had a lot of horses.

"He's a true professional, nothing bothers him and I think he'll continue to improve."
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 4:57pm
How good is the $16 - $9.50 on debut. Hope they got plenty.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 10:57pm
Is he really a 6/4 chance tomorrow? Although impressive his time/sectionals last run weren't exceptional. Up in class and no weight relief. 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:51pm
Can't wait to see him here. Just wins!
Sunline...simply supreme
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:33pm
Had every chance IMO
Winner spanked them
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 1:14pm
Every chance and disappointing. Slow recovery rate for what it's worth.
Sunline...simply supreme
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:31pm
Racked up another win.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:09am
Terry Bailey with his early crow nearly stopped it. That bloke is poison when he goes the early crow. He gets them beat that's for sure.

As for the horse, love the horse, but not convinced it's a wetty. Although the 61.5 didn't help the cause.

I don't think he's as good as what l initially thought but still a pretty handy horse. He'll measure up to Saturday grade no worries at all.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:41am
This time of year he will measure up to Saturday grade.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:58am
Down the straight on Saturday

Down in weight ..... tick
Oliver.......tick
Drawn Middle of the track.......tick
$4.50........tick

I think the straight will suit this bloke and expect him to show what we know his capable of.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:58pm
Thought he was poorly placed......until I saw the Saxophone formline. Poorly handicapped, against a few handy straight horses, only raced on tight turning tracks - everything depends on how he handles the straight I guess.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:19am
Has drawn wide but I think he still is just way better than the field. Best horse in the race and confident he'll be winning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm
Cant believe they bet 3.30 last night.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
Well done with the price correctweight.
Very honest horse. 3 wide, no problem.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 4:21pm
Thanks sca
 Post Reply Post Reply