Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Red Cardinal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Overseas good tracks are different to our good tracks.

If we get rain on both days ajd close to the 15mm predicted on bith days then that will help his chances....but again...a place chance at best. At least the distance will not be a query.

I also wonder if weir could of placed him beter in the leaduo races
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
speedingaway View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedingaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:50am
These are the types of imports that shouldn't be taking spots in the Cup. Comes over and runs midfield last year, then spells for 8 months and does nothing here but still gets a decent weight and fails again. They add nothing to the race! Bondi Beach was similar the last few years.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:00am
Does Red Cardinal come into the equation based on the wet track? Surely not? I'm sure there are other horses who will perform better in the Cup?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:07pm
Handles wet, will run 2 miles, top 10.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:12pm
Can fluke a place.
$51 is his right price though
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:35pm
Track is now a soft7, that probably rules out Red Cardinal.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:44pm
He will have every chance.
Probably not good enough, but don’t rule him out entirely
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

He will have every chance.
Probably not good enough, but don’t rule him out entirely

I thought he needed a heavy track.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
I had $2ew on him at $101/26 on Saturday night.

Blinkers first time too, might help him a little.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

I had $2ew on him at $101/26 on Saturday night.

Blinkers first time too, might help him a little.

You seem confident mate. I would of thought the Heavy track would of helped but with it being being upgraded to a soft...the question is how much moisure has been dried up. Time will tell.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:11pm
I’ve actually had $2 on about 10 horses all at double figure odds and a couple at triple figures. Just for a bit of fun.

Not confident at all really, it’s the only day of the year I have a flutter
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:12pm
Tongue over the bit.
Game over
"Go Hard or Go Home”
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Breeding Above All Breeding Above All wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Shocking prep.. Weir clearly hasn’t worked him out

What things do you think Weir could of done better?

Well.. a run where he looks like he has talent.. not look like a plodder every race

This remains true... Needs to go to another trainer. Run terribly every race
Slammington View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 7:53am
Yep he particularly doesn't seem suited by the Aussie prep runs over 1400m etc. Didn't he run in the All-Aged in Sydney over Autumn? Or maybe he was entered but scratched. He definitely ran in the Liston/Lawrence. Just seems odd for a horse that used to solely run in the 2400-3200m range.

Races like the Sandwown Cup, Duke of Norfolk, Stayers Cup at Rosehill, Queensland Cup, St Leger etc look about his mark.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:24am
He was entered for a few races in the Autumn but was scratched from them all.
I think he is a bit of a grinder, jockey said yesterday he was one iced and had his tongue over the bit a long way from home.

I don’t think he is suited to Australian conditions, needs to go back to Germany I feel.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
One paced*
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:53am
Resumes in Race 8 at Rosehill today.
Will be interesting to see how much that woeful run in the Cup took out of him.
Kicks off over 1900 but probably not ready to fire until later in the prep.

Now with Kris Lees.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm
Had a nibble on him and the stablemate. so glad I did

They both ran super
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:23pm
I can’t believe that just happened. I’d had him pegged as a dour plugger who wouldn’t get out of his own road until getting to at least 2400m.

It’ll be interesting to see if that was a flash in the pan or whether the new stable can actually manage his campaign to be peaking in the Sydney Cup.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:25pm
Very interesting indeed. I just remember the previous trainer saying he struggled on the hard ground.
When i saw it was raining, I had a nibble.
Lees has only had them two weeks so will be interesting to see how they go on.
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by breeding_above_all breeding_above_all wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Shocking prep.. Weir clearly hasn’t worked him out

What things do you think Weir could of done better?

Well.. a run where he looks like he has talent.. not look like a plodder every race

This remains true... Needs to go to another trainer. Run terribly every race

Bump
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:49pm
I normally back Red Cardinal. I didnt today so I am disappointed.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:01pm
Heavy 10 today, interesting to see how he goes on that.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:13pm
Another win.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:20pm
Lees has certainly turned him around.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:22pm
Has certainly improved
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:27pm
I think he is lengths better Sydney way of going.
He seems to race more tractable
This space has been intentionally left blank
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:46pm
A typical Sydney goat track.

I wouldn't read into anything about form wise.

You are either a swimmer or you're not.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:47pm
Two from two this prep though.
This space has been intentionally left blank
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:53pm
That is true Crooked.

I just way too many good horses failing badly, and the margins, to think the track was near fair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>