Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 Melbourne Cup 3200m Group 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:10pm
Had him plus a few others added to the SB market over the weekend... F&$kin thieves only put up $50. Was hoping for at least double that!
The Mugg
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Just watched a race on racenet, called the Oleander-Rennen from Germany, where there was a controversial delegation of the winner, but leaving that aside I am wondering what our European form students think of this as a Melbourne cup guide.

Thought the race was run as a Melbourne cup usually is and the winner looked pretty good.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:25pm
sorry pressed d, instead of r for relegation
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

Had him plus a few others added to the SB market over the weekend... F&$kin thieves only put up $50. Was hoping for at least double that!

Overnight.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:36pm

I think it was a fair enough demotion, I am also sure it would not have happened here or in England.

reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:57pm
Thanks for the vision djebel.

I have another, if you have time. Magic Circle winning the Henry 2nd stakes.

I see Marwan Koukash owns the galloper.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:10pm
The post directly above, The link I have posted in that should take you there.

reductio ad absurdum
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:27am
Anyone know where I could find a list of horses which Lloyd owns with International trainers. More so, the O'Briens.
The Mugg
cotto1 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotto1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:18pm
Hi there guys:
Any news at all with johannes vermeer.I did like him last year.I know that is easy to say because he come 2nd.But the ability was there.
And what about max dynamite.Any news with him also.Does anyone think he is getting to old now.
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:04am
Max dynamite is No chance.. will get weight and he’s too old.. Was on JV for a motza last year, disappointing to say the least.. I’m interested to see who else Lloyd buys, think there’s more coming looking at late last year buys and his stable, all look very thing apart from JV Andrea rekindling who will get weight.. he loves his horses that beat the handicapper JV, Rekindling, Almandin etc
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:21pm
Up to 7.3million now prizemoney. The great race.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:33pm
Victorian horse racing’s Big Three - the Lexus Melbourne Cup, Ladbrokes Cox Plate and Stella Artois Caulfield Cup – will all carry record prize money this spring after hefty increases were announced by Racing Victoria on Friday. The Melbourne Cup received a $1 million lift to $7.3 million while the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate become $5 million races .
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:13pm
Are rekindling and Johannes Vermeer still at Macedon?
puntingpunter View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puntingpunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:33pm
Thoughts re Vengeur Masque?
Just missed the race past couple of years. Winning the Geelong Cup & the Queen Elizabeth last prep has raised its rating and I reckon will eat 3200. Looks to have matured well and this could be it's prep.
Love a good Monsun. Currently $67 and MCup definitely their aim!  

I like the 2 runs it had been and nice spelled with Spring in mind. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Are rekindling and Johannes Vermeer still at Macedon?

Yes,

Wasting away it seems doing nothing. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:21pm
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:56pm
Might have to come out of retirement
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Lloyd is not running Rekindling or Johannes Vermeer because they will get too much weight.
Rekindling to run in Mackinnon
Johannes to run in Caulfield Cup
cotto1 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotto1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:06am
Hi guys:
I see that that chestnut coat is now favourite with betting mobs.in the future markets.just wondering what did he do to achieve this.sorry I haven’t been following him.
And on jv o.k wow they won’t be running him in the m cup.i didn’t think he would escape the weights.but boy if you owned him.would you try and aim for it.

Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Lloyd is not running Rekindling or Johannes Vermeer because they will get too much weight.
Rekindling to run in Mackinnon
Johannes to run in Caulfield Cup

I know Lloyd said this but if at least one of them doesn't line up I'll be completely shocked! Pretty sure he said the same about Almandin previous year!
The Mugg
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
Lloyd and his son continually talk garbage.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 9:50pm
Okay so Withhold, is now the cup fav after winning the Northumberland Plate.

So how do the European form students rate that win!

Can't say I was that impressed, but that is my humble opinion!    
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 10:44pm
EASY QUINELLA,

Kings Will Dream ---- Call To Mind.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:04pm
The runner up Prince of Arran is also reported to be headed for the Melb Cup too.

Interesting to look at former Northumberland Plate winners that have made it to Australia over the years:

1985 : TRADE LINE - came to Australia for the 1986 Melb Cup but after poor rubs in the Geelong & Werribee Cups, trainer George Hanlon pulled the pin on a Cup run. He did win the Colac & Camperdown Cups in 1987, plus ran 3rd in the Duke of Norfolk Stks that year too.

1988: STAVORDALE - imported for the 1989 spring into the Hayes stable but form didn’t a Cup start. Had another crack at a Cups campaign in 1990 but after a 2100m win at Sandown his form tapered off.

1990: AL MAHEB - a Sheik Hamdan import whose form in the Spring of 1991 looked poor until he scored a swooping win in the Moonee Valley Cup at big odds. He then ran in the Melb Cup and after looming in the straight he weakened to finish 7th behind Let’s Elope.

1994: QUICK RANSOM - trained by the Freedmans, he had 2 cracks at the Melb Cup, finishing 23rd behind Jeune in 1994 & a very honest 4th behind Doriemus in 1995. He tried to qualify again in 1996 but was hopelessly out of form

1999: FAR CRY - jumps trainer Martin Pipe brought this guy out for the 2000 Melb Cup and he was highly fancied starting 3rd fav at 8/1. But he finished a dismal 21st beaten over 50 lengths behind Brew.

2015: QUEST FOR MORE - Roger Charlton (who trained this years winner) brought him out for the 2015 Melb Cup. He ran a dreadful 16th in the Geelong Cup, but improved massively to run a very creditable 9th in the Melb Cup behind Prince of Penzance.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
So judging from that analysis, Lord, a top ten hope at best?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 1:37am
If all the quality internationally trained imports make it to the cup there will be no room for the home trained imports in the field.
reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 9:46am
There was a diabolically bad ride in the race on a horse they were spruiking last year for this years cup
Trying to keep the weight down perhaps
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:15am
I think it’s time they changed the Cup field size from 24 to 40
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>