Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rekindling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:34pm
Reports are his return to Ireland is deferred and he’ll be running here in Aust over the autumn.

Either Aust Cup or Tancred Stks, followed by the Sydney Cup. Great news !!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:46pm
Is he going first up into the Tancred ?
reductio ad absurdum
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:49am
Read somewhere the other day , will try find it.

Rekindling and Johannes Vermeer will probably have a one run prep most likely the Blamey
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:25pm
Rekindling is having a stamina campaign and than going back to Europe.

It is a matter of which race in Sydney is the target.

reductio ad absurdum
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:38pm
LLOYD Williams will target Saturday’s Group 1 Australian Cup with a band of high-class stayers but the Melbourne Cup-winning owner is mulling a more distant and less prestigious objective for his stable stars.

While the Macedon Lodge supremo covets his first Australian Cup victory since Zipping (2010) with Almandin, Taj Mahal and Homesman, Saturday’s week’s Group 2 Blamey Stakes (1600m) is a possible target for Rekindling and Johannes Vermeer.

The Melbourne Cup quinella last spring, Rekindling and Johannes Vermeer have steadily built fitness under trainer Liam Howley.

Chasing a record seventh Cup, Williams said he had yet to decide when to resume with the pair.

“Rekindling, I can’t make my mind,” he said. “Also with Johannes Vermeer.

“Last year and previous years I have given my best prospects a very light autumn or no runs, for example Almandin.

“This year I will nominate them maybe for a race or two, for example the Blamey.”

Williams won the Blamey Stakes in 2012 with Green Moon, the same year the import advanced to Melbourne Cup success.

Depending how 2016 Cup winner Almandin, Zipping Stakes victor Taj Mahal and last start Caulfield winner Homesman fare in the $1.5 million Australian Cup, Williams could send all three north for next month’s Sydney Cup.

Herald SUN 6/3
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:40pm
Racehorse trainers Dead
reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:08pm
I can't see the point of giving stayers one-run campaigns at 1600m. What is the point? They can prepare horses to win first up at 2500m so could easily get Rekindling fit without running him at all. Is the Blamey something Williams particularly wants to win?
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:55pm
What races here in Australia are actually suitable for REKINDLING??

1) Tancred Stakes
2) Sydney Cup
3) ATC St Leger
4) Caulfield Cup
5) Melbourne Cup
6) Sandown Classic
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:30pm
Metrop
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

What races here in Australia are actually suitable for REKINDLING??

1) Tancred Stakes
2) Sydney Cup
3) ATC St Leger
4) Caulfield Cup
5) Melbourne Cup
6) Sandown Classic

Hard to say. Unlike Almandin a Melbourne Cup repeat is not entirely out of the question, because age improvement may compensate for weight rise. On his overseas form he looks unlikely to win a Caulfield Cup or a BMW. Sydney Cup is the obvious race but won't run- this year anyway. Williams only runs them in the Sydney Cup if he doesn't think they can win MC.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
I really like Rekindling to go back to back wins in the Melbourne Cup.

I thought its win was under-rated, if thats even possible.
Spanked a good field in my opinion, and might get better.
Could be a genuine star this one.

And you know Lloyd is obsessed with the Melbourne Cup, so long range forecast.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:12am
I sse Rekindling is nominated for the Sydney Cup:

A. Will Rekindling run in the Sydney Cup?

B. What weight would Rekindling get in the Melb Cup?

Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:19am
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:23am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I see he has 56.5kg for the Sydney Cup.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:18pm
Seems the whole of the autumn has been ruled out for Rekindling.

What an absolute f**king waste.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:47pm
What would you suggest Djebel? Tancred into Sydney Cup? What about QE2 first up?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:49pm
I was hoping the BMW than back to Ireland.

That was the original plan.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:50pm
I think he is staying her for the rest of the year now?
Howley (or Lloyd) to train for the Spring.
First up into the BART Cummings
Second up into the Cup
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:55pm
What is the BMW worth ?

Just seems a complete and utter waste and would not add a Kilo to the weight he would get next Spring.

reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:31pm
So its been comfirmed that Rekindling wont be running at all this Autmn and will now be saved for the spring?

I assume he will get around 55.5kg for the Melbourne Cup? I would of loved to have seen Rekindling run in the BMW at WFA or the Sydney Cup but I assume lloyd doesnt want Rekindling to win anything between now and the Melbourne Cup for fear of getting more weight for the Cup
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:34pm
Why run his MC bound stayers at all in the autumn, if the plan is not to win?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:51pm
If Williams owned Makybe Diva what races would she have not won that she did win?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

If Williams owned Makybe Diva what races would she have not won that she did win?

Not racing her in the autumn might well have switched off her competitive spirit, we will never ever know.

It seems to me that Williams is failing in his duty in not trying to develop a National Hunt stallion by not running in the BMW and Sydney Cup.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Not racing her in the autumn might well have switched off her competitive spirit, we will never ever know.

It seems to me that Williams is failing in his duty in not trying to develop a National Hunt stallion by not running in the BMW and Sydney Cup.

Sydney Cup, BMW, Australian Cup.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:10pm
All 3 are worth winning ever for a multi millionaire.

reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:18pm
6 months down the track. Where is he?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:21pm
Wasting time in a paddock.

reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:30pm
I got the impression that you like that kind of patience
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:31pm
Not sure where you would have got that from ?

I wish he'd gone back to Joseph.

reductio ad absurdum
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:02pm
Bart usd to begin Cups prep 1st week of June. Probably find Williams Inc would not be far away from that routine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>