Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tamasa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 4:19pm
Should be able to get clean air tomorrow at Morphettville got him 3 pairs back on the outside. He will blow this field away if he does get to the outside in plenty of time. Heaps of 1400-1600 horses coming back or having their 2nd run in this field, will be too fast for them.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:05pm
The problem is that Morphettville is a chronic leaders track
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:47pm
What a load of crap that was. Had evey chance shouldve put them away. Rubbish. Wages down the drain again.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:56pm
He's looking for further. His trainer is the one at fault.
reductio ad absurdum
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

He's looking for further. His trainer is the one at fault.

typical djebel
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:05pm
And as usual i am 100% correct.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:07pm
If you say so
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:35pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
Gets an extra 90m to show his wares today. Fair dinkum. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
Got the job done but really should be out over much further and in much better races.

Like Furrion and Fifty Stars he is a class above his trainer. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:23pm
He is a class above the mob he is taking on today but 1400m is really the minimum of his speed 4th up from a spell. 

If it was a higher pressured race I'd like his chances more but this looks very tactical and he could be out sped.

In an interviiew the other day Weir admitted he employs 2 people to do his race planning. What the kiss are they doing with this fellla. 
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:34pm
Apart from Sir Tristram he has virtually no staying blood in his bottom half, which leads me to believe his prep has been fine so far and he'll peak at 1600m in this current preparation.  

A hard 3 track rating might be the main problem today. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:47pm
Gee whiz boy oh boy
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:50pm
He is winning. He is surely looking for further particularly as he rises in grade ? 

I think a problem with Weir or his racing advisers is that he races up on the pace.

I have noticed the closer his horses run to the pace the longer it takes for him to get them out to a better trip. 

Clearly a horse that tries his heart out. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:24am
Time for me to get off on that effort
He’ll be meeting much better opposition next start
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:24pm
I see he hoes around again and again and again tonight.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I see he hoes around again and again and again tonight.

So predictable.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 1:27am
That was his most impressive WIN so far.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:32am
The pace of the race seems to be the key to him. That was impressive
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:04am

Mr Peter Lafferty

reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:16am
Odd move. Hasn't trained a winner in over a year. Hasn't even had a horse hit a track since June last year. Friends maybe?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:58am
Very interesting. Might be the pre trainer?
I am pretty sure this was one of the trainers pre training at Warrnambool for DKW
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:26pm
Wonder if he's any relation to very good old time trainer Kevin Lafferty, I'm thinking he trained at the bool, Ray Setches may have been his stable jock too , Lethel double when on song, cost me plenty one day at sandown but that's a fair while ago.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:20pm
Pete is Kevin’s son
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Pete is Kevin’s son

Thanks mate, if the apple hasn't fallen too far he'll be ok in my book then.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:11pm
Well this 5yo stallion is now over in Perth.

Nominated to return on Saturday in the Belmont Newmarket - 1200m (Listed)
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
According to another site, He was sent over to Lindsey’s farm, plan is to bring him back here eventually
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:42am
Can’t find the one I read but found this on punters.com.au

Somewhat of a forgotten horse, Tamasa had his first public outing in nine months when contesting a trial at Lark Hill in WA.

Now with Lindsey Smith, the ex-Darren Weir trained entire stormed onto the scene with five wins and two seconds from eight starts, with his only miss coming in that horror show at Flemington (relive the horror here).

Following Weir's disqualification, Tamasa was listed as being with Warrnambool trainer Peter Lafferty, but he's now been moved on to the very in-form stable of Lindsey Smith, albeit at his WA base.

With Randy Tan in the saddle for the 950m heat, Tamasa dredged up unwanted memories by finding himself caught behind runners at a critical stage, going on to be beaten a length or so in a bunched finish.

The performance had nothing on his infamous Flemington failure, but will still prove a somewhat eery reminder for those familiar with his work.

Prior to the trial, Tamasa was last seen winning over 1500m on Manikato Stakes night last year - a performance that netted him his biggest single payday ($66,000) and saw his Victorian benchmark rating spike from 77 to 82.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:30pm
5th, not beaten far, better for the run I’d say
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 11:15am
Needs it dry as well I suspect
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>