Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Viddora

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viddora
    Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:44am
I couldn't find a thread for her , apologies if there is.
This girl is flying and arguably could have won both the Moir and the Manikato .
Memo for connections , yes he is the trainers mate and yes his wife is a part owner but surely it's time to replace Bowditch with an A grader . Last night was a train wreck and A grade jockeys make brighter , quicker decisions and this girl is often ridden for luck due to questionable gate speed so they need that edge of the better Jockey.
Appease him with the fact a group 1 winning broodmare will bring greater returns for his wife's ownership .
Thoughts?
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm
100% correct.
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:07pm
I do agree with the sentiments above, but I'm interested to know has this mare ever been a winner over 1200 in her career?.after all that's where most G1 races are that would suit.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:28pm
I would agree to Nocturnal, but last night was a total forget.

The trainer stated after the race that the plan was to follow Vega Magic as they thought he would take them into the race, which did not happen, but when it did not happen, he should of had a plan b and c.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:29pm
Agree Bowditch is an in and out rider but can't see much wrong with either of his last two rides. After watching the replay I'm not sure why he went back inside last night but it made no difference imo. She's a get back run on type so will always need some luck BUT......her record suggests she doesn't run a strong enough 1200m (esp in good company) despite regularly flashing home over 1100m. Is that down to training or the limit of her distance ability? I don't know but suspect the latter because Kennewell's a decent trainer. I doubt it has anything to do with jockeying. Riding her upside down would probably be a huge mistake.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:32pm
I’d rather Bowditch than Williams
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 5:17pm
Rode 4 winner a today . The pot always works seemingly (back to his right grade?)
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 5:18pm
**Winners today
Synthetic View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:40am
Impending coming out changes the dynamic for the Winterbottom Stks
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:37pm
I have taken $11 for her in the Winterbottom , I know Sunline is on State Solictor at $7.50 . Mmmm..... Pike v Bowditch = no contest , let's hope for a suspension . C Parnham gave her a stretch of the legs this morning let's hope they take a shine to each other
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Noccy I would happily add your ticket to mine. She's a very good mare. Quite underrated. A heartbreaker. But underrated.
Sunline...simply supreme
Synthetic View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Agree Bowditch is an in and out rider but can't see much wrong with either of his last two rides. After watching the replay I'm not sure why he went back inside last night but it made no difference imo. She's a get back run on type so will always need some luck BUT......her record suggests she doesn't run a strong enough 1200m (esp in good company) despite regularly flashing home over 1100m. Is that down to training or the limit of her distance ability? I don't know but suspect the latter because Kennewell's a decent trainer. I doubt it has anything to do with jockeying. Riding her upside down would probably be a huge mistake.

Good points. On the 1200m though, she ran through the line fine in G1 Sangster.
MorphettvilleMauler View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorphettvilleMauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 3:47pm
when you say select an 'a-grader' over bowditch, you need to be specific.  and actually who would take the ride?
She is best ridden out the back and storming home, it is hard at times for horses like her getting through.  has been a nose off winning a g1.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by MorphettvilleMauler MorphettvilleMauler wrote:

when you say select an 'a-grader' over bowditch, you need to be specific.  and actually who would take the ride?
She is best ridden out the back and storming home, it is hard at times for horses like her getting through.  has been a nose off winning a g1.

Horses who race this way as you know MM luck and splits that come in a twinkling are the key to these types imo, held up for one crack fresh air is what they want, two jocks imo ( and I'm in No way advocating change) that would also suit this mare would be Cory Brown or Jason Collett, both cold rider's and the big stage is no problems, fwiw.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by MorphettvilleMauler MorphettvilleMauler wrote:

I disagree she is best ridden back , her questionable gate speed means she settles back and defaults to this style .

Bowdwitch has had 256 Group rides in Group races for a 5% winning strike rate,
44 in group ones for a solitary win in the SA Derby (hardly a stellar group 1) .

You want A graders how about Zahra, Lane(might be suspended), Brown, Mcevoy
et al .
Financially I hope I have egg on my face and she does the job as I am set at $11 but whilst JB is in good form this season the above stats don't lie.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:01pm
Further to the above , her 6 wins she has settled 2nd, 3rd,3rd,5th,7th,5th , Hardly a stat that supports your theory of best ridden back .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
Think Ascot with pace on actually suits her but I do hope they ride her close to the speed because I'm on Rock Magic (Noske needs to redeem himself after the Money Maher debacle altho Hall and Odonnell didn't help one bit).  Her best chance is to sweep home form worse than midfield imo. Small field helps.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Further to the above , her 6 wins she has settled 2nd, 3rd,3rd,5th,7th,5th , Hardly a stat that supports your theory of best ridden back .

That's a stat I didn't know about Noccy, I'll keep out and leave it to those that do.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 8:00pm
I love you Joe
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 8:06pm
  LOL LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 8:08pm
Ha ha. Great ride and good result for you Nocturnal. Thumbs Up She had no trouble running out the 1200m today.

For we poor chumps who backed Noske on Rock Magic all I can say is now we know what it feels like to be done in the eye and rogered at the same time. I have a short memory but his rides on Money Mahal and RM are stark reminders of why I don't bet on WA races often.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 8:30pm
Got $6 this beauty. Easily the best form in the race.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 8:58pm
Big result for Noccy. Well done, mate.
Sunline...simply supreme
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:12pm
I was with you 3BM. Was on Rock Magic @$6.50 e/w and was quietly confident. The horse pulled up lame and with an elevated heart rate so it was a game run under the circumstances.

Hats off to the winner and 10/10 ride Joe Bowditch. Good to see an SA horse snare a big win in the West.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Balciano Balciano wrote:

I was with you 3BM. Was on Rock Magic @$6.50 e/w and was quietly confident. The horse pulled up lame and with an elevated heart rate so it was a game run under the circumstances.

Hats off to the winner and 10/10 ride Joe Bowditch. Good to see an SA horse snare a big win in the West.

How did the jockey pull up? Sore arms from dragging it back for no reason after a good beginning  from an inside barrier? Doubt it was winning anyway but on my limited observations I wouldn't let the bloke anywhere near one of mine if I was an owner. 
MorphettvilleMauler View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorphettvilleMauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:06pm
good effort Nocturnal on getting in early at $11
i always wait for the day, and was still fortunate to get her at half that.
JB rode her well, she was the best in the race and showed it.

thanks for the stats as well, interesting to read that
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 5:08pm
Strapper was quite cute
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
$51 for the TJ in the AutumnWink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Strapper was quite cute  

Didn't fancy him all that much.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:24pm
There was a lovely looking girl with her after the raceTongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>