Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Harvey Weinstein

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Lead up to Sydney Olympics
Burke was filming Susie O Neill at her Home
Susie standing in front of a painting of a flower done by her husband, Burke turned to her and asked ‘Is your c... as big as that?’

It is just unbelievable.
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
Well I'm with Macca....bit rich 30 years on. That "slippery slope" has well & truly begun....this stuff will be never ending & will achieve squat all !!
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 12:28pm
Lot of underachieving women out there ( in their own mind). What better to find a few unsavoury experiences 30 years ago to justify it... over the top & dangerous. The sooner we evolve to be "one being" the better !
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 12:35pm
I'm not keeping up: what is Burke's worst alleged deed so far reported?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Asking a woman the size of her c in front of her husband.
Swearing and degrading women in front of Tottie Goldsmiths 7 year old daughter
Offering a woman a job if she had sex with him
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:32pm

& what do you think all of that would add up to in today's courts... a fine if you were lucky
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

& what do you think all of that would add up to in today's courts... a fine if you were lucky

Nothing like that was mentioned on Current Affair , That I picked up on.

Doesn't read well , if true .     >The clip with Jessica Rowe and others was over the top, language wise and tasteless.
That should have seen Management dump him all those years ago.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Susie standing in front of a painting of a flower done by her husband, Burke turned to her and asked ‘Is your c... as big as that?’

It is just unbelievable.

Susie's husband witnessed him saying that ? And he let it go ? Strewth, not much of a hubby to tolerate that rubbish.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 2:36pm

Lot of underachieving women out there ( in their own mind). What better to find a few unsavoury experiences 30 years ago to justify it... over the top & dangerous. The sooner we evolve to be "one being" the better !

That certainly isn't the trend, 1-1, they have "found" more than the 57 varieties already !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:09pm
The thing that surprises me, is that Burke's obnoxious behaviour was seemingly frequently carried out with witnesses present, yet no one was man-enough, or woman-enough to give him the tongue-lashing. or even physical retribution, he thoroughly deserved. Or we haven't heard about it !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

The thing that surprises me, is that Burke's obnoxious behaviour was seemingly frequently carried out with witnesses present, yet no one was man-enough, or woman-enough to give him the tongue-lashing. or even physical retribution, he thoroughly deserved. Or we haven't heard about it !

He obviously has Psychiatric Problems .

Typical manic stage of Bi Polar disorder.   

The part that is hard to accept is the numbers who failed to act .

People ( the Ladies especially )needed to be protected and Burke needed intervention for his mental state.
You will find when it comes out in the wash,   he has been battling his disinhibition demons , most of his life.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:34pm
People are watching old clips of his now with a totally different mindset.

It is f**king comical to follow.

It just shows how corwardly most people are.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:34pm
The wife must be feeling the weight of this scandal made public, but no doubt knew what she hitched to.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Nothing like that was mentioned on Current Affair , That I picked up on.

Doesn't read well , if true .     >The clip with Jessica Rowe and others was over the top, language wise and tasteless.
That should have seen Management dump him all those years ago.

All reported in SMH today
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

It is just unbelievable.

Susie's husband witnessed him saying that ? And he let it go ? Strewth, not much of a hubby to tolerate that rubbish.

Wel that is what was reported
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:01pm

so you have no problems with his behaviour Confused
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

His behavior if true is undeniably disgraceful but it is amazing as one of the Max's said he was doing it so openly in front of so many people.

To say in front of all the staff that a 8 year old "wanted him" is bordering on the unbelievable.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm
What an embarrassment for O'Neill this is,having this lead the 6 o'clock news, Burke simply had no respect for anyone, including possibly our greatest female Olympian.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:20pm
Poor Mrs Burke
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:45pm
As I said earlier, This really should have its own thread.

Autism Awareness Australia is sickened tonight by Don Burke's excuse of undiagnosed Aspergers as a reason for his appalling behaviour. What kind of human sinks this low?

I guess somebody with self diagnosed Aspergers would sink this low.

It is interesting how people respond to these things getting all up in arms and not listening to the whole "excuse"

He blames "his" Aspergers for not picking up the signs of people being horrified by his comments, He does not blame his behaviour on his self diagnosed Aspergers. There is a slight difference.

Some of the comments attributed to him including the Susie O'neill comments are disgraceful and could never be excused.

Aren't people using these excuses in court all the time ?

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:04pm
Embarrassed

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:08pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:08pm
Bit like a Greek tragedy really. The testosterone subsides with age, and some people, probably not our Don just yet, realise what a pathetic creature they had become.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:11pm
Is that Tracey's trophy room ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:13pm

Of course I do....comes across as a scumbag. Plenty of scumbags in this world. The bloke has been shamed...his career finished. Plenty of others walking around out there with similar "crimes" - but that's the problem - are they really crimes ? How many people can put their hand up & say they have not abused their power at points throughout their life - whether at work, in sport or dare I say it, at home. Plenty I would suggest. So what further do you want to happen to him Whale ? Lock him up. Well if your going to do that you better get a lot more prisons built because there are thousands of Don Burkes walking around. Enough is enough I reckon !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:18pm
Has anyone accused him of rape, kiddy fiddling or the like ? Its more his foul mouthed bullying behaviour as I understand it. I mean anyone out there EVER swear in front of a women /kid ? - if not id suggest you are the odd person out !
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:18pm
Not lock him up ,he can't be charged with anything. But humiliate him and make his life a misery for a while longer till the next one who is outed. I have no problems with that. A long way from enough so far IMO
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:21pm

Has anyone accused him of rape, kiddy fiddling or the like ? Its more his foul mouthed bullying behaviour as I understand it. I mean anyone out there EVER swear in front of a women /kid ? - if not id suggest you are the odd person out !

A now grown woman who was a friend of the family as a child, said he stood stark naked in front of her in the house, when she was 12. Can't give that a pass.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:21pm

anyone out there ask a virtual stranger or any woman how big is your c----, stick a foot in their azz to test the firmness, telling and old lady her flower looks like a c---,  etc etc. Come off it, equating some swearing with what he is alleged to have done Confused
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:26pm

anyone out there ask a virtual stranger or any woman how big is your c----, stick a foot in their azz to test the firmness, telling and old lady her flower looks like a c---,  etc etc. Come off it, equating some swearing with what he is alleged to have done Confused
Agree - however none of that is enough to lock him up. The guys finished - his accusers have had the last laugh - so what more do you want to achieve ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>