Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nature Strip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm
That’s what you get when you put Williams on
"Go Hard or Go Home”
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:24pm
John Sadler - "I didn't think the horse let us down at all..... Disappointed with the result but certainly not the horse." Said it all without saying it.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:45pm
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:49am
Nature Strip - Stewards opened an inquiry into the tactics adopted on the gelding, particularly in the early stages of the race. Trainer John Sadler was also interviewed concerning the instructions, and also the tactics that were adopted in the early stages. After taking some initial evidence from both parties, rider Craig Williams was notified that the matter would be adjourned to the offices of Racing Victoria on Thursday April 26th at 2.00pm. A post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities and a swab sample was taken for analysis.
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 2:56am
Who rides next start? Do they Keep Craig on as he owes them one now
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:44am
They should put Callow on. He isn't pretty but gets the job done and doesn't give up positions in running.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Imho if that bloke weighed the same as Hughie B, he would be nothing more than a bush jockey , 49kg is his greatest asset, always has a book of top rides but at the end of the day is always the talking point of an ill judged ride, not for me, he's barred.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:52pm
Meech will get him home or Michelle (if she still rides)
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:48pm
The owner sunk enough beers that he forgot about the ride and has retained Williams fo next start. Some people really can't handle the drink!
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

The owner sunk enough beers that he forgot about the ride and has retained Williams fo next start. Some people really can't handle the drink!

I would disagree.

Unless you think the jockey is hopeless I would always give a tip top jockey another chance. And I am pretty sure Williams is a tip top jockey.

reductio ad absurdum
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:04pm
All this could have been avoided if Maloney had of kept on the straight and narrow. I'm sure he would have won on the horse. And l'm not saying that because l think he's a better rider. It's just because he knows the horse back to front.

Funny how racing works like that hey.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I would disagree.

Unless you think the jockey is hopeless I would always give a tip top jockey another chance. And I am pretty sure Williams is a tip top jockey.

He did such a good job, but if he slaughtered it badly I could understand a replacement.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:41am
It could be said he did such a good job of slaughtering it that the owner figured only a top jock could do that and keep a straight face. Reality is you know he'll do his utmost next time and not take the soft option as he often does. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:46am
Stevie Wonder could’ve given it a better ride than Williams
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:24am
Get Greg Nelligan back onboard and you'll won't have to worrry about pilot error again!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:52am
This horse was still unraced whilst Nelligan was working there
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:56am
Lyons ( main owner ) spoke to Williams at Cranbourne trials telling him as the plan was never to engage in any speed battle he had no issue with the ride after the horse missed the kick
It's only called gambling when you lose
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:06pm
I would say a horse travelling sweetly and not being sat on its arse for a furlong or two would be more beneficial , your on their back, why do you have to be on their mouth as well, chiropractor anyone? btw anyone know when the weights are out for the Goodwood.?
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

This horse was still unraced whilst Nelligan was working there
well at least he could get on the blower and pass his knowledge on
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:54am
The answermyfriend is blowin in the wind & Williams will make the perfect fall guy.
Rusty
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 4:25pm
I still don’t think this horse is Group 1 grade, jury is out for mine.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:47pm
He's racing too hot this time in. It's affecting his finish. I don't know how you change that. Trainer's job, not mine.

I'm staying well away in the meantime.

Very interested to see how he goes when Maloney jumps back on board. Some horses just run better for certain jockeys.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:36pm
Off to Weiry
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:42pm
Are there any other capable trainers,
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:44pm
Disgraceful decision imo.

Owners are entitled to do whatever they like, however on the other hand some don't deserve to have a decent galloper.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:45pm
Probably more related in getting horse away from track environment
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:47pm
Hope you're right mate.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:26pm
I like that question, are there not any other capable trainers.

Has Mick Price lost his trainers guide? Ciaron Maher has shown he can place a group 1 quality horse properly. Is there a reason John McArdle and Andrew Noblet do not get gallopers sent to them when a change of stables is being sought.

Ellerton and Zahra are a prominent, capable duo.

If you are looking to get away from the city I understand, but there are capable trainers other than Weir!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:46pm
A few of the trainers you mentioned voyager are either along side where he's been or on course at another track, mc41 post adds merit imo fwiw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 29>