Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nature Strip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Well it's raining again so wet form will have to come to the fore.  I overlooked Nature Strip today and he was dying at the end.  Maybe Pierata can win the TJ Smith SC.  He does deserve a big one.  In Her Time won't run well in the wet.  Redzel could come back a big weight and he's not big and no easy lead today.  But Pierata's light was shining for back me next time over 1200m.

I think Osbourne Bulls might finally crack it.

Pierata was excellent today so has to be a huge chance.

Redzel i couldn't write off......
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:15pm
Keep Digging, you might get out of this hole one day
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I think it all goes back to when you called Sunlight overrated. Then she won the Newmarket so you made sure you said at WFA. Then she won the William Reid so you said she beat nothing. 

But at least the galaxy has a few decent sprinters in it, right? Oh, did Nature Strip win? Poor field.

Now ALL the sprints have been rubbish?

It's ok, lets wait for the TJ Smith. As you yourself have said Chris "Considering it's well known our local sprinters are clearly best in world<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">" it should be a good race. Or do you only say that when it suits the agenda you're pushing?</span>

I like pissing off Second Chance when wrong but can't admit it

Yesi think our sprinters are not a special group. But we are still world class, no doubt.

The Galaxy had a few decent sprinters but i don't expect any of them to fill the TJ.

Pierata only horse I'd consider top quality.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:38pm
Chris b . I think you lack a lot of knowledge! But go with obvious! Like to bring people down after the ball has bounced!! Have a feeling you are nearly a bogan punter who can string together a sentence ? We know nature strip cannot win the TJ after today's performance!! It still does not mean he is one of the best short course sprinters when/ if he learns to settle. You are becoming boring and I'm not engaging anymore with you as you are always right!!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:57pm
The weights set Redzel a task today ,   The betting told us he had a task.

Nature Strip likes the wet ( he gave Sunlight 7K and a 6L beating in SA ) 7 months ago ) .
Down in weight 1.5K , in what appeared a weaker field --- he had to be hard to beat ----     AND NO, I didn't back him .   At last he's honest.
He dies in the arz over the final stages every start ...   
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:00am
Redzel just might be past his best, the second horse was unlucky not to win IMHO, Nature strip will travel to UK to run in the KingsStand as a travel Companion to The The Autumn Sun, neither to run again this spring is my call.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:52am
Waller and owners keen to get him to the Kings Stand 1000m at Royal Ascot
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:57am
Redzel got away with murder in both Everest's. He can't win any race that Nature Strip starts in.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:00pm
More chance of me doing a Johhny Raper nudie run attachment Ascot wearing a top hat than TAS racing there

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
[QUOTE=Tlazolteotl] More chance of me doing a Johnny Raper nudie run at Ascot wearing a top hat than TAS racing there. [/QUOTE

Simon Cameron

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
Nature Strip showed again that he's a fresh horse. Appreciated the 4 week break. Has none in TJ Smith.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:36pm
If this horse were mine, his spring prep would be McEwen Stakes, Moir Stakes, Schillaci Stakes then and/or the Manikato and the Winterbottom, the last 2 depending on the field that turns up.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:57pm
Is a better horse with the sting out ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:53pm
gelatihouse ride
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

gelatihouse ride

A bad horse .   not the first time he's been slow out . .
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:34pm
Because it is Queensland you do need to ask if the corporates had an influence in the horses bad start    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

gelatihouse ride

Been trying to tell you that for ages Max!

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:47pm
I think their plan was to get him to settle early and take a sit and would not be surprised if that contributed to him missing the start, as in the jock maybe wasn't looking to ping out. Not the way to ride him imo. He's a speed horse. That said, I thought he was still disappointing and probably doesn't run 1200m strongly.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:18pm
Didn't he have a wind op. Confused

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:25pm
I thought it was a good enough run. He stuck on ok. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Didn't he have a wind op. Confused

Was diagnosed a grade 3, Gay3, whether op. was done I have no idea, but wind problems and running into a strong headwind can be detrimental to a horses chances fwiw.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

gelatihouse ride

Been trying to tell you that for ages Max!

A bad horse that's won 1.2 million.   
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:20pm
G2 horse.

Been lucky to find a very period for sprinters.

I actually don't think as a good as Apache Cat.

Huge hype, little results.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:25am
You say he's not as good as Apache Cat like it's a bad thing.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:38pm

Ear Muff experiment over for Nature Strip

Brent Zerafa

10:09am

The ear muff experiment is expected to be over for Nature Strip according to part-owner Rod Lyons, after they appeared to work too well in Saturday’s Doomben 10,000.

Nature Strip’s campaign is also now over with the Chris Waller trained-sprinter set to enjoy a winter break in Queensland before being readied for a spring assault.

And while disappointed not to get the result in the Doomben feature sprint, Lyons said the Nature Strip camp felt his performance was still credible considering the circumstances.

“It all went pretty pear shaped when he was half slow out of the gates,” Lyons said.

“Speaking with James McDonald and Chris Waller yesterday, maybe the ear muffs worked too well?

“I think the experiment with those will be over.

“Chris said he used them once on Winx and it had a similar effect, she still managed to win of course.

“But James said even though he was a little slow out of the barriers, he didn’t muster like he usually does and then he was stuck three-wide.

“In the end he has been beaten a little over a length and was forced to sit deep around Doomben, which isn’t the best recipe.

“I think in the future the ear muffs will be coming off and we let him jump and run like we know he can.”

Lyons said it was too premature to know of any spring carnival plans for Nature Strip but said the ownership group were hoping to get a crack at The Everest.

“I’m not sure whether that was a good enough audition for Chris Waller to want Nature Strip to fill his slot for The Everest,” Lyons said.

“We haven’t spoken about that yet, and who knows, if Chris doesn’t want to use him, someone else may.

“People will still probably question whether he runs a strong 1200m.

“I thought he did a fairly good job in the 10,000 considering he was wide and working the whole way.

“I do concede it probably wasn’t the best Group 1 field and he was beaten by two roughies.

“But we feel it could have been a different scenario if he jumped cleanly and found the lead or sat outside the leader.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Because it is Queensland you do need to ask if the corporates had an influence in the horses bad start    

Thats a big call,  suggesting QLD racing is corrupt!? Called into disrepute?

Where is  sc on this comment?

Chrisb only called it for a lousy calibre of talent.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:12pm
tick tick tick....
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

You say he's not as good as Apache Cat like it's a bad thing.

He was in comparison to Black Caviar.

ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:34pm
I like Nature Strip as a speedy type.

I love sprinters.(I could raise another debate about Caviar and Winx ect.....)

He's just not very good.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

I like Nature Strip as a speedy type.

I love sprinters.(I could raise another debate about Caviar and Winx ect.....)

He's just not very good.

He's a G1 winner and holds a Course record,    he's won 10 races of 16 starts....   I'm sure we would all like to own one as good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 29>