Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nature Strip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:06pm
I'm not sold yet, I know he runs good times but not yet has raced a genuine open group field , so this week is the first acid test for him. I'm tipping no destruction job and Shoals to make her presence felt,If she gets within 3 lengths at the finish he won't beat her over 1200m
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:52pm
Fell in
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:53pm
Runner up is very good.

She is no knock on his form.

reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
Course record
Miami View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
Runner up went backwards in the Everest.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:55pm
Smashed the clock. Better than it looks
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:55pm
Great run by Houtzen. Course record?  Think NS is better on bigger courses where he can build.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Miami Miami wrote:

Runner up went backwards in the Everest.
12 months is a long time in racing.
Miami View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:56pm
Add another 200m and a heap more pressure from Redzel.

He's got no chance of running out a strong 1200m against the Everest contenders. They should keep him in Victoria and try to nab a few big group 1's whilst the big guns are aimed at the Everest.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:57pm
I was watching the sectionals in the top corner. Ran 10.18 for the second furlong . Thought then he was in trouble, had to fade. Houtzen was huge but had the suck run. Gapped the rest. Can’t win the Everest though.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Will be hard to beat in the Moir if he can control the race
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Everest is a dream
Miami View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
I'd be very surprised if he even gets into the Everest based on that.

Mooney Valley is a track where you don't need to run through the line to win. Many horses win falling in.

Randwick and Flemington will expose any chinks and Nature Strip for mine can't run a 1200m solid under duress from elite horses.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
Owners are the ones pushing the Everest.
Trainer says Moir Stakes will see him at his best
Miami View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:01pm
Yes I like him at the short trip at a weak course like Mooney Valley or Caulfield where you can kick on the bend.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Great run by Houtzen. Course record?  Think NS is better on bigger courses where he can build.

Think barrier one was the issue. Dug up to hold out Sunday Escape and there was no slowing him down from there. Agree he’ll be better off building into the first half of his race, but I think drawn out further will allow that.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Miami Miami wrote:

Add another 200m and a heap more pressure from Redzel.

He's got no chance of running out a strong 1200m against the Everest contenders. They should keep him in Victoria and try to nab a few big group 1's whilst the big guns are aimed at the Everest.

Tend to agree with this. Plenty of nice 1000-1100m races in the Vic Spring rather than taking him up to an Everest at Randwick against battle hardened sprinters like Redzel.

AJ Moir @ 1000m at MV, followed by the Scillachi Stks 1100m at Caulfield would be safer options for this campaign. He’ll get a crack a a big G1 in the autumn in a VRC Lightning Stks.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:06pm
   They certainly burnt turf,
Hard to see him getting the 1200 against he best.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 7:54pm
Interesting to look at sectionals. Times at the Valley tend not to be that fast compared to other tracks- tight track, Strathayr. His course record was about 5L slower overall time than Redzels track record last week. Now I know you can’t compare different tracks, days but bear with me... he went out out first 400m around 4L quicker than Redzel. 23 flat from a standing start is insane. Had to get tired late.

I think they should forget about 1200 for now. Try to harness his speed over 1000 first. The Everest, should he get a slot, would be a mistake, imo.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Interesting to look at sectionals. Times at the Valley tend not to be that fast compared to other tracks- tight track, Strathayr. His course record was about 5L slower overall time than Redzels track record last week. Now I know you can’t compare different tracks, days but bear with me... he went out out first 400m around 4L quicker than Redzel. 23 flat from a standing start is insane. Had to get tired late.

I think they should forget about 1200 for now. Try to harness his speed over 1000 first. The Everest, should he get a slot, would be a mistake, imo.

You can gauge horses from one track or even Country track to another.
   You have just done that.

They all have course records and as you point out , the first 400 in today's race compared in Lengths, does indicate the extent Natures Strip used petrol early today . He had to weaken at some point.
The difference of times from track to track is relevant.    MV being that shade slower overall, levels out, as the Track record will indicate that point.
like ..Caulfield 55.97 MV 57.19.. Flem 55.42 Rand 55.72
        ROSEHILL   33.33 ( That was Turnbull escaping )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:25pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:26pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:37pm
I'd be considering an Everest spot for Houtzen off that. But you'd have to worry what a first up run like that might have taken out of her.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:51pm
Great race to watch and Nature Strip really is super over this distance. Gave a bit a heart stop for punters at the price.

Anyway I think connections should should abandon The Everest for this season at least.

Beautiful balance around the turn and I think that is where he won the race, because he got just enough in front of Houtzen to hold her off.

I think he is a bit better at Flemington down the straight. Would really like to see him at Royal Ascot in the GI King Stand. But I could be dreaming.

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:48am
Confirmed for the Everest
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:08am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:10am
I've come to the conclusion the ATC just wan't speed in the race so the best horse wins?  On the run an Saturday I'd say next year.  Like Redzel couldn't run a good 1200m to begin with as he just put too much in each race and only maturity saw him do what he's been doing for the last two years.  Mind you they could of had that with Home of the Brave also.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 1:25pm
Here's your answer as to why the picked him.
"The ATC is keen to use Nature Strip as a marketing tool for the $13 million Everest and will look to give constant updates in the lead-up to the race on October 14."

What better marketing than the horse everyone is talking about.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 9:41pm
I know I posted this horse is not Group 1 class but to his credit he looks magnificent tonight.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 9:47pm
Pop!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 29>