Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nature Strip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 29>
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:07pm
Pretty sure D Hayes sees all his horses everyday.
Rusty
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Rusty101 Rusty101 wrote:

I also have horses in that stable (well documented here)

He does not see them all everyday.
He has stables at Euroa, Flemington, Randwick and Adelaide.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:11pm
I’d be concerned if a trainer with that many horses actually saw them all everyday.... when do they eat, sleep or see their families- that’s not good for anyone
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

That's a stretch....he spends plenty of time in Melb, his horses are mostly visitors to Sydney then straight home again and Adelaide who cares.
Rusty
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:32pm

Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

That's a stretch....he spends plenty of time in Melb, his horses are mostly visitors to Sydney then straight home again and Adelaide who cares.

He has permenant staff in sydney and Adelaide, but you clearly can’t comprehend factual information.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:34pm
Btw He only goes to Flemington two days a week max.

Spends most of his time at Euroa
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:38pm
Lindsay Park stables located on course at Randwick offer direct access to the course proper.

The block on Doncaster Avenue comprises 8 boxes and a house. Lindsay Park uses the Randwick track facilities including an equine swimming pool and walking machines.

Lindsay Park has access to stables located on course at Morphettville in Adelaide. With a long history in South Australia, the stable regularly sends runners to race in Adelaide and the surrounding area.

From his website... anything else you want to know?
Ask me, I’ve had runners with Weir for 15 years and Hayes family going back to when CS was training. I know how both businesses operate back to front.
But Clearly you think you know better
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:45pm
You're talking about Interstate satellite stables, nice twist by Skippy but totally different argument.
Rusty
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:54pm

You're talking about Interstate satellite stables, nice twist by Skippy but totally different argument.

You said Hayes sees ever horse every day.
I told you he doesn’t.
You said I’m wrong.
I proved you wrong.

Move on
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:04pm
Reckon best thing you can do for Weir Tily is not to comment....you're def not helping his cause mate.
Rusty
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:28pm
The bottom line is 'the proof of the pudding's in the eating' Tongue
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
ozberry View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:43pm
fair dinkum there are Weir haters and people that know what there talking about, still no one saying anything about Wallers operation
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:36pm
Can only comment on my experiences.
I wouldn’t have a clue how Waller operates, never had dealings with him.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 8:55pm
$1.75 Tommorow.

Too short for mine.

Obviously the best horse in the race however carrying 60.5kg I think he is at risk of getting beat.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:43pm
Everyone is making this horse their lay of the day tomorrow. Poor thing. Will likely drift to around $3.00.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:58pm
Bookies price. Agree will blow - a lot. Ducimus form looks good. If he parades well there's no doubt he can win tho.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:08pm
Weir will win the race. Just a matter of which horse.
If the real Nature Strip turns up he will bolt in.
But if the cat that we’ve seen of late turns up, he will struggle to beat the ambulance home
"Go Hard or Go Home”
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 12:24am
Maybe he misses his special feed top ups .....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 12:35am
One 'average' run on his CV - over 1200m, beaten a length on a soft track, when they ran faster time than Shoals. 

Hype means bookies can offer rubbish odds and many punters will still take them 
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:36am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Maybe he misses his special feed top ups .....

Shouldn't be a problem
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:55pm
That will shut a few up. 
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:55pm
1.02.26 very good time
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:56pm
Looked great, had to back him
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:56pm
Thriving down at the beach
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:57pm
He's back. The Weir polish has done the trick.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 3:03pm
Think so? Even Weir said he turned up in great shape. 4th up, fit, perfect distance, ridden a treat for once.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 3:03pm
No question Weir looks to have improved him now lets see how he campaigns him.

I suspect he will rest now till the spring, that win should boost his rating well into the 90s.

The problem will be when he gets into the typical Weir fortnightly racing grind.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Think so? Even Weir said he turned up in great shape. 4th up, fit, perfect distance, ridden a treat for once.

Weir was being very diplomatic.
reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:24am
Wonder how many times weir has seen him
Seems to me the others do the training, a lot
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Wonder how many times weir has seen him
Seems to me the others do the training, a lot

I should imagine plenty, given he's trained at Darrens' home base Tongue
Mr Darren Weir (Ballarat)
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 29>