Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 The Everest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

ATC have confirmed Nature Strip

That’s disappointing news. I’d have thought the ATC would support a participant from a Sydney-based stable in their own jurisdiction.

Eg: Home of the Brave.

At least he’d be a real live chance in the race, unlike Nature Strip.

If was going to bet in The Everest I'd be all over Redzel so I'm glad NS is in.
But, the ATC picking NS looks like they have bowed to the superiority of their southern counterparts with no talent left in NSW.

I thought with The Everest being a race to attract international horses HOTB would have been a shoe in.
It seems to me Godolphin have flown him here for that reason. 

So, message to any potential international raiders.
Don't bother, we'll just import a Mexican.

I think the ATC would be a bit red faced at moment, to do a deal like that, "Win and Your in", as ultimately he wasn't impressive, despite breaking the course record. And HOTB produced a run that would make him the perfect Everest contender, from a future view point. 

I think, in hindsight, they would have preferred to wait until after the Moir....
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:15pm
Interesting HOTB looks to have recaptured his 2017 form where he beat Tasleet and Jungle Cat both group 1 sprinters now. His best form seems to be in the warmer months in Europe. Certainly would add to the interest in Europe to the race, I don't understand Why he didn't get the ATC slot .
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:23pm
I don't know why he isn't in either, but maybe because his 1200m form is rather ordinary?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:58pm
Fair enough point he hasn't really been tried greatly over the 1200m recently early in his career did, maybe he is a bit more on his toes in a different climate/ training centre.He possibly is not a sulker and likes a change and had that trip to the US to mature even more mentally.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:29am
Whitby and Werret are co-owners of the last a lot. (Originally had Menari)
They won’t be making a decision until Epsom Day apparently.

This is their Wish list (in no particular order)

Home of the Brave
Houtzen
Kemono
Le Romain
Prompt Response
Chautauqua
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Whitby and Werret are co-owners of the last a lot. (Originally had Menari)
They won’t be making a decision until Epsom Day apparently.

This is their Wish list (in no particular order)

Home of the Brave
Houtzen
Kemono
Le Romain
Prompt Response
Chautauqua

Slim Pickens

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:40pm
https://twitter.com/InTheKn44488869/status/1039348994139246592

Looks like old mate was definitely "In the Know"

"Is an Everest slot holder currently having their stables raided, not before time I hear 😳🤫🏇"
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:20pm
Isn’t it the TAB? I’d be pulling a pin on that pronto
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:54am
Problems with Redzel.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:02am
The Everest 3rd up strategy which many of the contenders are on seems odd to me.

Simon Cameron

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:02pm
A lot of people on here are just waiting for Nature Strip to fail so they can say I TOLD YOU SO

Thing is, he keeps on winning
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:12pm
Everest winner won't be going around this weekend.

Simon Cameron

Synthetic View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:28pm
They'll wait for Moir & Premier now for that last spot...there's even talk of a jumpout between races at the Valley potentially for Chautauqua
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 2:24am
Is Viddora a live chance?
Redzels tied up badly or worse
Lot of money to invest if Chat yawns and takes a pass?
It’s all happening, or not
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Synthetic View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:18am
Has to feature in the Moir to show she's back...the trials say she's back, but now has to transition that to the races.
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 7:37pm
The romantic side of me is reading a fairytale here folks - the big Grey earns his ticket & blows them all away in the worlds richest sprint race after being written off.....

It would make one helluva Hollywood movie.

Goooooo Chautauqua.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 8:48pm
Well Werret has said Chautauqua, Le Romain and Graff are the short list.

I would like to see Graff, not sure he can win, but that strong 1400m, back to 1200m off a month break sound good.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Well Werret has said Chautauqua, Le Romain and Graff are the short list.

I would like to see Graff, not sure he can win, but that strong 1400m, back to 1200m off a month break sound good.

Couldn't see any of these being a better option than Home of the Brave. HTOB needs to roll along in front, his run on saturday was fine.  Chautauqua is such a massive risk, but the marketing exposure would be huge, so I'm thinking if he does pass the barrier tests, he'll get the nod.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:40pm
Alright, after the weekend where do we sit.

I have Brave Smash on top, Shoals second and Santa Ana Lane, next.

Of course all of them are backmarkers so if there is a forward bias on the day Iam dead in the water.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:42pm
SAL!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 7:19pm
... anyone got a sprinter for sale  .... how do they put it ... ???  .... anyway words to effect of urgent will pay cash  LOL 

(must be ready to run in Gp 1's Sydney area)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 7:22pm
Satisfied with Trapeze Artist's effort today and now I'll get a decent price if I have a bet.Geek

Simon Cameron

Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 7:29pm
This is not a classic bunch of aussie sprinters. I think US Navy Flag will pull their pants down and show us up.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:09pm
Agree it’s not a great crop. Still think they’re far superior to US Navy Flag. If he runs top 6 I’ll be shocked.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 3:59pm
Graff has secured Werrett’s slot.

Now just need a replacement for Nature Strip who is unlikely
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Satisfied with Trapeze Artist's effort today and now I'll get a decent price if I have a bet.Geek

He's clearly the one to beat for mine. Did all the hard chasing and will be cherry ripe.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 7:16pm
I reckon he’s going ordinary.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:18pm
I think he’s going the same as ever, ordinary. Which means he’s due to actually try/put in a blinder now. Horse is average in 2/3rd of his starts.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 9:23pm
How far would Winx win this by?
Cheeky View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 9:39am
My thoughts on potential Everest runners and would not be surprised to see big changes to Final field
1. Santa Ana Lane Chance 

2. Vega Magic Chance but a bit hot and cold for me

3. Trapeze Artist No chance doubt he will run 

4. In Her Time Chance

5. Redzel Chance but would need a easy run up front

6. Shoals Top Pick

7. Brave Smash Chance

8. US Navy Flag No chance

9. Viddora No chance even if she gets a deserved run kick out one of Gai's

10. Graff 2nd Pick big chance 3yr olds maybe top  shelf

11. Home Of The Brave Might get a run but No chance  have taken 
$51 earlier