Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 The Everest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Because of these two People like Waleed Ally (?) are making outlandish editorials that are getting massive air play.

If there's anyone who can humanize Jones it's that pseudo intellectual fifth columnist. 

The fact that he's getting play tells you all you need to know about the protest.
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
and now on to the race.....
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

So the state government runs the Opera House, and the state government runs racing, and the problem is?

Oh yes. People just love to yell at Alan Jones. LOL
I reckon give him and Waleed a gig at the Opera House. Toe to toe, rant to rant, left vs right.

If Waleed wins he gets to take on the Victorian right wing rep in the next round.
If Jones wins he gets to take on Penny Wong.

Have the TAB run a book. Win win.

Call it The Mole Hill.

Hey Scamanda he's already had a gig at the opera house ( AJ) I saw him but turned it off lol, looked lovely in a pink coat white slacks and white shoes , it may have been a special in memory of K.Packer but he was in his element.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by WarriSymbol WarriSymbol wrote:

and now on to the race.....

😆

Eventually we will get to it.
reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:03pm
Who is best in the wet?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:07pm
Most of them seem to
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Who is best in the wet?

SHOALS

3/3 on wet tracks... Big smile

Next I'd say CLEARLY INNOCENT, JUNGLE EDGE, REDZEL. I'd say OSBOURNE BULLS will have no issues with a wet track having won 2/2 on soft and is by STREET CRY who have a liking to it.

OSBOURNE BULLS is the one that's way over the odds. I'm pretty keen to have a saver on him as the jockey and stable are flying. Got the ideal gate and I'm a bit scared of what he can do. Definitely worth a few bob at the current price tho.

Still... I'm a SHOALS fan through and through.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:22pm
Yes I was with her stablemate but to be truthful I'm not sure now at all.  Having a really bad season for making my mind up.  Love The Autumn Sun and even find it hard to pick him at Caulfield.  It's going to be one of those weekends.  So far as I know Jungle Edge isn't in the race yet but if anything drops out I could understand him being swapped in.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:24pm
The one huge factor that has been overlooked & which should cause a great deal of angst if a smart journalist for the progressives suddenly realises that the Everest is subsidised by the Australian taxpayer in that those extremely wealthy slot holders who run their racing involvement as a business are able to claim their input costs and losses against their profits. Something mum&dad taxpayer can't do
Paleface View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:27pm
Shoals could start favourite here once they jump if heavy,still good each way value.Just worried something will nab her right on the post. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:01pm
Nice looking filly there djebel
Refer ALP Election Promises
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 4:30pm
About time he tipped a winner.
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:39pm
Tongue
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:42pm
Interesting to see U S Navy Flag (racing as a late 3yo but counted as 4yo here) is getting a 1/2 kilo off.  While when out three year olds go to Ascot they have to carry the full 4yo weight.  Just saying tit for tat.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:46pm
So for instance Merchant Navy was 3 years and 7 months old and carried 58.5.  While U S Navy is 3 years and 8 months old and will carry 1/2 kilo less.  Come on England give us a fair treatment.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:47pm
I believe this time of the year 4yo still get weight off older horses under WFA, 1kg over further.
to the victor
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:33pm
Well Trapese Artist is a 4yo and is getting the same as the other Australian runners.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:48pm
I've got no idea.Wacko TA's best is better than anyone else's but whether he can do it tomorrow is another matter. Could do without surprising me- his wet track form is quite good. Could also run 8th.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:51pm
That applies to more than 1/2 the field Tiazolteotl.  I hope he wins for his owner who showed great faith to keep him in training.  He's also got the weight of the world on his shoulders waiting to see if his wife can recover.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:00pm
Wondering if there may be a push for some heavy hitters who think they have left it in to get the race postponed, failing that they could get something scratched to buy Jungle Edge, just a silly thought , am I being sinister here?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:05pm
No I think most of the field have some wet form Carioca.  Also it is supposed to be windy tomorrow and that could mean a better track than expected.  Randwick can surprise sometimes.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:14pm
Jungle Edge ran a ripper race last start
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:43pm
the speed map looks like redzel in front with le romain crossing to sit outside of him. I'm hoping trapeze artist will be getting the drop on them in 3rd or fourth and will be too strong at the finish
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

No I think most of the field have some wet form Carioca.  Also it is supposed to be windy tomorrow and that could mean a better track than expected.  Randwick can surprise sometimes.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Yes I'm pretty sure things will be ok, I do think from a lateral view at times furious lol, and Shrunk in the awash his run in the Moir was a pearler on a good track as well .
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:18am
lotto imo
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:20am
le romain overs
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 10:52am
Pretty wet up here, we’re 200m from Randwick and it rained steadily all afternoon and most of the night. They had the air blowers on the track in the late afternoon, but plenty of rain after that. Who is the mud lark? If JE did get in, has he ever raced successfully against this calibre of horse?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Pity about the weather for the event, hope the rain stops for the afternoon for all going.
Small first four for me as an interest but very hard to be confident with conditions.
Good luck to all investing on the Everest👍
Santa Anna / Shoals, Brave Smash / Shoals, Brave Smash / Field
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
Viddora, Shoals, Le Romain, Graff
And we’re out the door! Not raining, have a blast everyone
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>