Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bitcoin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
If you don't know who Jared Kushner is then you don't know enough about crypto currency.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 1:14am
One word for you PT - NEO.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:54am
Kimmy been shopping again?

$400 Million Missing In Hack Of Japanese Digital Currency Exchange

IAN WREN

A Japanese cryptocurrency exchange announced the theft Friday of $400 million in digital currency. Some estimates put the loss at the Coincheck exchange at over $520 million.

The stolen assets were stored in the cryptocurrency NEM, one of hundreds of digital currencies created in recent years. Bitcoin, the most well-known cryptocurrency, dropped precipitously on news of the hack but has since regained much of its value.

The incident could be one of the largest single losses of cryptocurrency ever, rivaling only the 2014 hack of online exchange Mt. Gox. Reports at the time put Mt. Gox's losses at over $400 million.

Coincheck says 500 million digital coins were lost. According to Cointelgraph, hackers stole the private key protecting access to Coincheck's accounts.

Japan's Financial Services Agency announced it is "looking into" the loss, while most activities on the exchange were suspended Friday. Coincheck said in a statement that the exchange is trying to ensure that consumer assets are protected.

As NPR previously reported, U.S. regulators are increasingly worried that cryptocurrency markets are vulnerable to manipulation and theft.

SEC Chairman Jay Clayton warned in December that cryptocurrency markets have "substantially less investor protection than in our traditional securities markets, with correspondingly greater opportunities for fraud and manipulation."

The SEC had previously warned that investors may have "limited recovery options" in the event of a hack, as exchanges are often based outside of the United States.

Ian Wren is NPR's business news intern.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/26/581130968/-400-million-missing-in-hack-of-japanese-digital-currency-exchange?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
You'd have to be a moron to keep your cryptocurrency at an exchange for longer than 2 minutes.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
First lesson in avoiding tax is "losing" records that the government can't track Wink

I was hoping that this would get more media coverage ... looking for some bargains in the next few weeks whilst the prices are retreating!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

First lesson in avoiding tax is "losing" records that the government can't track Wink

I was hoping that this would get more media coverage ... looking for some bargains in the next few weeks whilst the prices are retreating!

How do you avoid crypto profit going into an Australian bank account with your name on it, trackable by the government?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:23pm
I'm talking BIG winners here, and people of low morals ... everyone should pay their tax liabilities.Wink

But some people don't, and if you have enough in the way of "lost/hidden" gains, it would not be that difficult to buy significant assets overseas from retailers who accept cryptocurrency ... no need to cash it in though an Australian bank, lots of ways to launder it I would have thought.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 9:22am
What about buying your shares in what ever cryptocurrency, when your ready to sell buy Bitcoin in exchange and cash it out at the Bitcoin ATM in the city....still not a loophole but there has to be a way

What's the max you can withdraw at these Bitcoin ATMs
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
The minimum SELL transaction (withdraw to cash out) is $50. The maximum BUY or SELL is $10,000 AUD per transaction to comply with local laws. Note that you may wish to visit multiple times if you wish to do more.
Bitrocket
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 9:48am
To many pump and dump groups in cryptocurrency, start a rumour about SKorea or China banning cryptocurrency,cause panic, everyone sells, pump and dump groups buy at the bottom and sell on the up

Stock exchange 2.0
EAD
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 4:57pm
It's only a rort if you're not in on it!Wink
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 6:22pm
Channel nine news just ran a story about the Bogan Bucks release of the "Straya Cryptocoin". It has the phrase "Yeah, Nah" embedded in the design. The developer hopes it will outdo Bitcoin.

Get on now! LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:43pm
It could be the Bonza Bitcoin, mate!Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:41am
Crypto bloodbath!! RUOK Doc?Shocked
Asking for a friend. Wink

Cryptocurrency Traders Lose $115 Billion in 24 Hours as Bitcoin Bloodbath Continues

Bitcoin fell below $7,600 in some trades as its heavy slide continued into Friday.

The charts for cryptocurrency market capitalizations are a sea of red right now. In the 24 hours ending at 6:45 a.m. ET Friday, Bitcoin fell over 17%, Ethereum fell more than 32%, Ripple was down 38%, and Bitcoin Cash was down over 27%.

All in all, that’s $115 billion off cryptocurrency market caps in one day, according to data from CoinMarketCap.

At the time of writing, Coinbase’s GDAX exchange was seeing Bitcoin trades taking place around $7,990. Comparing that to the nearly $20,000 that Bitcoin almost reached in early December may be a little unfair, as that was a very brief moment, but the virtual currency subsequently spent a lot of time hovering around the $15,000 mark. Those days seem long gone now.

To recap the possible reasons for the current collapse:

• India has become the latest country to seriously talk about a regulatory crackdownon bitcoin.
  • There are fears that bitcoin’s lofty valuation may have been artificially propped up.
  • Facebook has banned ads that promote cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings.

Whatever the cause, it seems a Bitcoin panic is in full swing. The question now is how low it will go before the selloff stops.

http://fortune.com/2018/02/02/bitcoin-crash-8000-ethereum-ripple/

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:44am
RipCoin

Cripple

EAD
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:02am
An absolute bloodbath!

I concede I’ve got this crypto space very wrong, just too difficult to predict & has far too many variables associated with it!

I am still in front but I pity those that paid huge overs late December at the very top, there must plenty of people out there that are in great despair!

Over 10 months before I cash in to take advantage of the CGT! It can’t come soon enough .....

There has been a late smallish recovery but nowhere near the highs of December.

A very long road of recovery ahead before we get back to those levels.

Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:06am
As I concluded long ago, the price of Bitcoin defies all rational analysis.Wacko I've had a small punt on one of the 1400 cryptocurrencies that aren't Bitcoin, but at 1 cent a coin, not $24,000.  If it can get to 2c I'll be laughing.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

As I concluded long ago, the price of Bitcoin defies all rational analysis.Wacko I've had a small punt on one of the 1400 cryptocurrencies that aren't Bitcoin, but at 1 cent a coin, not $24,000.  If it can get to 2c I'll be laughing.LOL

But the difference between me and the Bitcoin neophyes is that I am primarily interested in cryptocurrency as an actual currency- you know, to buy stuff with, anonymously and untraceablyWink- what a concept!Shocked
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:32pm
Hahahaha! ... CNNPT, do you have any more FAKE NEWS? ... who was paid to prepare THIS dossier?Embarrassed

Very exciting times ... fortunately I took Rosscoes advice to start small, and from my initial dalliance, I have lost less than I spent on a 10 hour lunch I took a couple of clients on before Christmas ... so a relatively inexpensive education it has been!

I have my war chest of cash ready now (and more importantly, approved by the missus!), and we will be picking over the bones of some fantastic value opportunities over the next month or so, including Bitcoin, but primarily some new ICO's that have real world applications.

Cryptocurrency investment is not for the faint hearted, but it is most certainly a generational opportunity to create significant wealth. If you are happy to cop 1000% gains in a matter of weeks, you need to be able to ride 50% losses in a few days as well.

So CNNPT, as they say, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen ... and just keep yourself occupied by peddling the the ideology of envy and lies, and making stuff up about successful people like The Donald (wonder what he paid for his Bitcoins ... pennies?)Wink 

... or, it's not too late to grow a pair, and jump on the Crypto Train ... it will be leaving the station again soon ... Toot! Toot!Big smile

Tell me CNNPT, what are your thoughts on Power Ledger?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:48pm
Fun Fact.

Total Market Capitalisation of ALL cryptocurrencies

7th October 2017 (four (4) months ago!) ... US$147 Billion.

Today (post decimation of the market) ... US$410 Billion.  

I'm sure there is more shedding to come, in fact I'm relying on it before I make some acquisitions.Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Fun Fact.

Total Market Capitalisation of ALL cryptocurrencies

7th October 2017 (four (4) months ago!) ... US$147 Billion.

Today (post decimation of the market) ... US$410 Billion.  

I'm sure there is more shedding to come, in fact I'm relying on it before I make some acquisitions.Thumbs Up

Wow Shocked A helluva lot of mug money in that market.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm
Fun Fact.

For ever every winner, there must be a loser!Wink

(eg: Trump/Clinton, Trump/PT, Shammy/PT)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:19pm
I sometimes ask myself why I'm not a conman- there are obviously trillions of dollars out there owned by numbskulls- so easy.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Bubble?

One word for you PT - NEO.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 3:24pm
Plenty of "opportunities" yet Tlaz!

Market cap at peak of Dot Com "Bubble" was about 5 or 6 TRILLION.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 6:00pm
Peoples, I warned you Bitcoin was going to crash.
The guy that told me to invest in Bitcoin in 2008, who now owns a Bitcoin exchange company, told me Bitcoin is goneski, and for multiple reasons. He said it to me over a month ago.
If you have it, get out of it.

There are many more crypto currencies about to hit the market, many involving energy exchange.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:50am

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:50am
#NameSymbolPriceChangeMarket Cap24 Hour Volume
1Bitcoin logoBitcoinBTC$8360.34-8.12 %$140,836,197,555$7,079,810,000
2Ethereum logoEthereumETH$849.15-11.45 %$82,719,120,018$3,026,110,000
3Ripple logoRippleXRP$0.85-8.00 %$33,188,104,614$1,237,650,000
4Bitcoin Cash logoBitcoin CashBCH$1170.89-7.33 %$19,846,058,600$662,226,000
5Cardano logoCardanoADA$0.40-8.96 %$10,358,772,127$858,815,000
6Litecoin logoLitecoinLTC$152.56-3.21 %$8,401,640,167$1,025,500,000
7Stellar Lumens logoStellar LumensXLM$0.39-8.70 %$7,217,670,158$239,423,000
8NEO logoNEONEO$110.24-9.26 %$7,165,665,000$205,518,000
9EOS logoEOSEOS$8.92-9.20 %$5,774,705,027$604,729,000
10NEM logoNEMXEM$0.57-8.14 %$5,140,133,999$42,792,600
11IOTA logoIOTAMIOTA$1.78-8.93 %$4,942,616,340$60,541,100
12Dash logoDashDASH$558.01-11.73 %$4,388,630,737$82,894,400
13Monero logoMoneroXMR$226.23-9.38 %$3,548,117,957$50,075,800
14TRON logoTRONTRX$0.0386-12.50 %$2,540,378,661$171,360,000
15Lisk logoLiskLSK$20.17-12.79 %$2,374,322,885$35,417,200
16Tezos logoTezosXTZ$3.10-5.16 %$2,364,106,591$1,600,560
17Tether logoTetherUSDT$1.00-0.14 %$2,211,099,105$2,497,180,000
18VeChain logoVeChainVEN$4.62-16.54 %$2,157,428,925$67,967,100
19Ethereum Classic logoEthereum ClassicETC$21.31-11.22 %$2,123,232,795$223,071,000
20Qtum logoQtumQTUM$26.76-10.33 %$1,976,263,784$222,860,000
21Populous logoPopulousPPT$46.37-21.73 %$1,715,958,136$6,422,300
22Bitcoin Gold logoBitcoin GoldBTG$103.54-8.25 %$1,739,994,711$54,486,600
23RaiBlocks logoRaiBlocksXRB$12.84-22.69 %$1,711,454,352$27,037,500
24ICON logoICONICX$4.43-18.66 %$1,6
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:51pm
Pretty close to the bottom, still a bit more to come, a buyers market for sure!

What's on your shopping list PT? ... don't miss out on Neo and Trinity, and hold!!!Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:28pm
Did you get those Stellar Lumens and if so, where?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>