Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bitcoin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

At last, I'm in!Big smile

... just made someone some money!LOL

You just couldn't resist could you, totally consumed by greed, it was eating away at your insides that you were missing out on something even though you don't understand it.

Getting in because the ASX is using blockchain Confused

Anyway good luck to you, it may give a little pleasure to your angry, demented, bitter existence Wink

oh dear ... and you normally do such a good job of shrouding your jealousy with stupidity!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"Finally, the public joins the party, triggering a massive explosion in price."

What do you call what's already happened if not a massive explosion in price?

Read my comment previously Tiaz, 3 stages in the investment Cycle. I have been investing for years as a living.

You think the Crypto rises to now have been great,, wait for what’s to come once the public money becomes serious. Only starting to arrive now.

Study the history of Crypto charts & volumes and you’ll hopefully understand my reasoning.

I look at it this way Rosscoe, and tend to agree with your analysis;

- How much mainstream media does it attract? ... not a lot, and many of them seem uninformed or naive and dismissive of it as a scam that will just lose money (maybe it is?)
- How many people do I know who know of it and are invested? ... very few ... this forum is an interesting barometer for many things - it appears that there is a small number here, and anecdotally, I know a lot of people who have a vague idea, but very few invested ... stage 3 will be when it becomes a bbq conversation, like property values!
- What is the market capitalisation, compared to other investment options? ... clearly growing, but still minute.

So, whilst it is showing some impressive growth, the potential is still exponentially huge, and as I said, I'll keep an eye on the Taxi/uber/taxify(!) drivers!!! ... oh and Rosscoe's thoughts of course!Wink

They are all moving now - Ripple .39c to .60c overnight - Ethereum up about 30%, etc.

I expect some Bitcoin sell off and diversification has been the cause - Bitcoin will go again soon I reckon ...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:25pm

oh dear ... and you normally do such a good job of shrouding your jealousy with stupidity!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
[/QUOTE

Poor Doc , his sense of self worth is so tied up in financial success and "status" he lives in constant fear of jealousy . If i was the jealous type I know plenty of people in real life who would come way before you

Jealous of an angry,screaming demented loony LOLLOL

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 4:20pm
I admire you Whale ... you have missed the boat so many times, you must wear a pair of floaties to bed!LOL

It must be liberating to have completely given up on any ambition whatsoever, and to never need to try ever again, and to vilify and denigrate anyone who does.

We call you a "pathetic jealous loser" here in Australia.

Come on ... Have a go ya mug!Wink

I know it hurts, but ... all currencies up again!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:27am
So a week into my Litecoin experiment, and it's been a rollercoaster!Big smile

Some high volumes during the week with obvious profit taking at new highs, but they seem to have settled down again.

Took the punt on some Ripple, and happy to say that is at a new level too and showing a 50% capital gain - should have bought more!Wink

Stable week for Bitcoin, but nothing stays the same for long in this market ... at a new high today, and getting close to $27,000 !!! ... when will the bubble burst?Confused 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:20pm
When Putin et al cannot buy any more
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:38pm
Well the Tax Cuts that Putin is in line for should keep it running for a while! Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:40pm
Trumps tax cuts will trickle down, don't think so, will just give avaricious pigs like you more money to invest in bitcoin
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 4:01pm
PigBig smileHug
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:48am
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:54am

So a week into my Litecoin experiment, and it's been a rollercoaster!Big smile

Some high volumes during the week with obvious profit taking at new highs, but they seem to have settled down again.

Took the punt on some Ripple, and happy to say that is at a new level too and showing a 50% capital gain - should have bought more!Wink

Stable week for Bitcoin, but nothing stays the same for long in this market ... at a new high today, and getting close to $27,000 !!! ... when will the bubble burst?Confused 

It’s a shame Ripple came down from the $1.50 high so quickly.
I also got on last week. Hoping Ripple is next year’s Litecoin.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:05am
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:07am

There's a big reason for that switch, and it's all about the market liquidity — or lack thereof — of bitcoin.

The reason why people haven't understood the risks inherent in owning bitcoins, according to Oldenburg, is simply because most have so far only bought the cryptocurrency — but never sold or traded with them. "As soon as people realise that this is how it works, they will start to sell," he tells Breakit.

"The old bitcoin network is as good as unusable."

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:32am
It is strange seeing the price of Bitcoin exploding. Bitcoin is the Model T of cryptocurrency. It is limited and it won't be the winner of the crypto battle.

Image result for model t
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:36am
And if I knew what the winner will be out of the 1000+ cryptocurrencies in the long run I'd be a very wealthy man.Confused
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:38am

Warren Buffett's verdict on bitcoin: 'It will come to a bad ending.'

http://www.afr.com/markets/currencies/warren-buffetts-verdict-on-bitcoin-it-will-come-to-a-bad-ending-20171218-h06wmr

I am not  a naysayer, I have no idea what will happen, just posting some opinions by people who MAY  know, or may simply not grasp the scope of this thing, even though they are well placed to do so.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 11:26am
Litecoin has shook off the profit takers of days ago - new record price of $485 today ... and I still don't get it!Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 11:31am
Rosscoe's "roughie" - Stellar Lumens - doubled in price in 10 days (5 x it's price of a month ago!) ... Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 11:32am
It's like backing Black Caviar, all up Winx ... LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:54pm

Litecoin has shook off the profit takers of days ago - new record price of $485 today ... and I still don't get it!Wink

Etherium at a new record as well. Over $1,100 now. Can’t complain having bought at approx $630. Need Ripple to go on another tear again now.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 1:15pm
I saw this quoted recently, and repeated again by Switzer today (I don't think he even holds any!);

"The Swedish founder of Bitcoin.com Emil Oldeburg has sold all of his Bitcoin, saying the cryptocurrency is ‘the riskiest investment you can make’.”

“Speaking to Swedish website Breakit, Oldeburg said Bitcoin was practically unusable because of the long waiting times for transactions and the unusually high transfer fees.”

But wait there’s more!

“An investment in bitcoin right now I would say is the most risky investment you can make. It is an extremely high risk,” he said. 

“I've actually sold all my bitcoins recently and switched to bitcoin cash.”

So what happens? Bcash has gone from under $2,000 2 weeks ago to $5,400 today (up $2,000 just today!) ... this is crazy, wait till the frenzy starts!Stern Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 1:17pm

I saw this quoted recently, and repeated again by Switzer today (I don't think he even holds any!);

<p style="color: rgb32, 33, 33; font-size: medium; line-height: 16px; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; margin-bottom: 1em; : rgb208, 208, 208;">"The Swedish founder of Bitcoin.com Emil Oldeburg has sold all of his Bitcoin, saying the cryptocurrency is ‘the riskiest investment you can make’.”

<p style="color: rgb32, 33, 33; font-size: medium; line-height: 16px; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; margin-bottom: 1em; : rgb208, 208, 208;">“Speaking to Swedish website Breakit, Oldeburg said Bitcoin was practically unusable because of the long waiting times for transactions and the unusually high transfer fees.”

<p style="color: rgb32, 33, 33; font-size: medium; line-height: 16px; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; margin-bottom: 1em; : rgb208, 208, 208;">But wait there’s more!

<p style="color: rgb32, 33, 33; font-size: medium; line-height: 16px; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; margin-bottom: 1em; : rgb208, 208, 208;">“An investment in bitcoin right now I would say is the most risky investment you can make. It is an extremely high risk,” he said. 

<span style=": rgb208, 208, 208; color: rgb32, 33, 33; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: medium;">“I've actually sold all my bitcoins recently and switched to bitcoin cash.”</span>

So what happens? Bcash has gone from under $2,000 2 weeks ago to $5,400 today (up $2,000 just today!) ... this is crazy, wait till the frenzy starts!Stern Smile

Wild ride today that’s for sure!
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 4:29pm
"Bitcoin works on the greater fool theory: a fool buys today in the hope of on-selling to a greater fool tomorrow. It's more like the allegory of the box of strawberries sold from person to person at ever-increasing prices. Finally, the buyer who had paid $100 for a box of strawberries that had cost only $5 a few buyers ago, stopped the cycle by opening the box. To his dismay he found the strawberries were rotten! When he complained, the response was, "but these strawberries were meant to be sold – they were never meant to be eaten". Each buyer had bought with one aim – to resell for a higher price to a fool who still believed in the impossible dream. At least your Bitcoins can't rot. They never really existed."
Noel Whittaker
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 4:36pm
Noel Whittaker is the bloke that advised against investing in real estate, before it went mad early this century. I recall him saying it was OK for "ferrets" who got the first crack at bargains that appeared on the market, but not for the general investor. Dead Which doesn't mean  he is wrong here, of course.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 6:28pm
The value of crypto-currencies, in aggregate, dropped about one-third in a day. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

The value of crypto-currencies, in aggregate, dropped about one-third in a day. 

Plenty of profit taking ... some people are getting nice Christmas presents!Wink

I haven't traded this week, still showing a paper profit, and will just sit on what I have for a while and see where it goes.

Explained it all to the missus before taking the punt, and she was ok with it, but has vetoed any further speculation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 11:31am
"In a late-week comment that undercut confidence, Michael Novogratz, the former Goldman Sachs and Fortress Investment macro trader, said he's shelving plans to start a cryptocurrency hedge fund. He predicted that bitcoin may extend its plunge to $US8000. Earlier this month, he predicted it could reach $US40,000 within a few months."Confused

Great investment adviser he would be. Might as well listen to a fortune-teller.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Etherium at a new record as well. Over $1,100 now. Can’t complain having bought at approx $630. Need Ripple to go on another tear again now.

Very annoying we had to wait 10 days!Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:52am

Yes.

Keep it going. Pushing $3 now!
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:29am

Yes,,, Ripple is nailing it at present, getting plenty of media coverage.

I only hold 2 cryptos Litecoin & Ripple.

Bought Litecoin at $115 & Ripple at 80c AUD.

Litecoin has taken a step back with founder Charlie Lee selling/donating his holdings to avoid conflict of interest!

However, this is still very much a long term hold for me.

Due to CGT,, I am holding my stakes for at least 12 months to take advantage of the 50% discount.

https://www.munros.com.au/blog/business/taxation-of-bitcoin-in-australia/

Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>