Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bitcoin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bitcoin
    Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 8:47am
"Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don't produce anything. They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem. In terms of value: zero." - CNBC, February 2020

Warren Buffett

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Arse fallen out of this over past few days. Will it bounce back ? Thoughts ?
There are no fundamentals about pricing/value.
May as well get a chimp to pick your investments if you invest in crypto.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:06pm
Had I anything to invest with it'd be in Gold &/or Silver only Smile Too many ifs/buts with the cryptos.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:31pm
Arse fallen out of this over past few days. Will it bounce back ? Thoughts ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Lost Passwords Lock Millionaires Out of Their Bitcoin Fortunes

Bitcoin owners are getting rich because the cryptocurrency has soared. But what happens when you can’t tap that wealth because you forgot the password to your digital wallet?

Stefan Thomas, a German-born programmer living in San Francisco, has two guesses left to figure out a password that is worth, as of this week, about $220 million.

The password will let him unlock a small hard drive, known as an IronKey, which contains the private keys to a digital wallet that holds 7,002 Bitcoin. While the price of Bitcoin dropped sharply on Monday, it is still up more than 50 percent from just a month ago, when it passed its previous all-time high of around $20,000.

The problem is that Mr. Thomas years ago lost the paper where he wrote down the password for his IronKey, which gives users 10 guesses before it seizes up and encrypts its contents forever. He has since tried eight of his most commonly used password formulations — to no avail.

“I would just lay in bed and think about it,” Mr. Thomas said. “Then I would go to the computer with some new strategy, and it wouldn’t work, and I would be desperate again.”

NY Times

This has happened here in Australia. An associate of my son bought Bitcoin some years ago and lost/ forgot his password and could not access his digital wallet. Sought legal advice and offered that legal firm a "no win -no fee" agreement if they could or could not ascertain his password. It came to pass that the person found his password in his own home, but as his Bitcoin was now worth $18 K, he paid the legal firm $1.8 K for their work over the past year. That was a year ago, Lord knows what it is worth today as I type this one Bitcoin is worth $AUD 49,800.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:18am
Bit like Afterpay, inferior to other BNPL but first in
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
It's strange that Bitcoin is still by far the most valuable crypto because it is as technologically primitive as a Model T compared to most newer cryptos.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

Victoria economy is recovering very well,  suburban house prices will start to rise , expect them to go up by around 5% in the next 12 months. House prices at top end of market do not seem to have been affected

You are joking of course ...   The true state of economies won't be known until the Government spendathon of borrowed money , is over .

If you think Victoria isn't mortally wounded , you are in for a shock .

Nsw has not shut down and their State finances are quite good . They will gain big time from the disaster Vic & Qld State Governments have created .
---------------
City Locked Down for Three Months Has Bleak Lessons for the World
By Sybilla Gross
, Jason Scott
, and Jason Gale
October 28, 2020, 12:52 PM GMT+11 Updated on October 28, 2020, 8:14 PM GMT+11

Melbourne crushes infection curve but with huge economic cost
    Lockdown saw 1,200 jobs lost a day, prolonging recession

Victorian real estate booming, 81 % clearance rate last week.

As is Bitcoin ,
1 Bitcoin equals
28,272.52 Australian Dollar
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:52am
Australia have signed up with China though maxie. We signed up to a $49 Trillion trade pact with them and 14 other countries this week. Donald scuttled the one we had with them. Great friends eh?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:49am
The best bet of any day is that PT will get Donald John Trump into any thread, on any forum, in any world .

For starters we don't mention the USA & Australia in the same sentence.

They put men on the moon .       We take 50 years to decide if we can run a water pipe from point A to B.

I'm sure it will be the USA who reigns China in and most certainly NOT Australia .
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:40am
maxie, how many Trillion debt did Donald run up? Are they a financial basket case?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

Victoria economy is recovering very well,  suburban house prices will start to rise , expect them to go up by around 5% in the next 12 months. House prices at top end of market do not seem to have been affected

You are joking of course ...   The true state of economies won't be known until the Government spendathon of borrowed money , is over .

If you think Victoria isn't mortally wounded , you are in for a shock .

Nsw has not shut down and their State finances are quite good . They will gain big time from the disaster Vic & Qld State Governments have created .
---------------
City Locked Down for Three Months Has Bleak Lessons for the World
By Sybilla Gross
, Jason Scott
, and Jason Gale
October 28, 2020, 12:52 PM GMT+11 Updated on October 28, 2020, 8:14 PM GMT+11

Melbourne crushes infection curve but with huge economic cost
    Lockdown saw 1,200 jobs lost a day, prolonging recession
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:16am
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:13am
Regional Victoria is booming. Bendigo, Ballarat properties in short supply and snapped at at incredible prices. Anglesea  a small seaside town, 444 m2 block of land, 4 bedroom ordinary brick house, $950,000 Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:06am
( best Ignored 2 ) thought the same ...   He was quite brainy during his mood time level = "normal".        But you know how the unfortunate swings
destroy all those good times ...

NSW better Resiential Real Estate would be a safe way to go ATM ..
I expect exceptional gains over the next few years.

The Vic economy is up the creek and will take years to regain momentum . Expect quite an exodus from that Labor State .
    Qld . Good residential ,   may hold with migration from the South BUT it is destroyed economically .     Will never rise to The Pumpkin scones days again .   It's been in bed with Tiger.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:10am
Disclaimer: My posts are in no way to be taken as financial advice. I have not and never will invest in cryptocurrencies. But I am intrigued and bewildered by them and believe some others may also be interested
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 12:29am
Two recent posts on the bitcoin thread , in over 17 months ...
"
Coincidence that one was made by "Brokecel" in September and the other one by "fee" today .

DOES EVERY PICTURE TELL A STORY.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:59pm
Last time I looked it was $5000 , has come roaring back and is now $22,000 Shocked

brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:59am

China Officially Backs a CryptoCurrency and Establishes it as their Official Coin.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:13pm
All going according to script ... just hope it's not a "dead cat bounce" E&E!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 4:58pm
It’s all good, whatever happens happens. Has been in the doldrums for so long anything above that is a plus. Not life changing amounts for me anyway. Would have to get to $100k to begin to get me excited.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Looks like I put the mock on it!

That's why i don't post any of my winning horse tips!LOL

Nah, all good - as I said earlier, a bit of EOF year profit taking and tax liability management. 

My tip is that this weeks losses will all be recovered by this time next week, and chugging on toward $20k by late July!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 3:59pm
Looks like I put the mock on it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:40am

My brother bought some Russian crypto a few weeks ago at 25cents which took off to $6 early this week so he sold - can get lucky sometimes LOL I'd rather it'd been me tho' LOLLOLLOL

so he made $45 Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:31am

My brother bought some Russian crypto a few weeks ago at 25cents which took off to $6 early this week so he sold - can get lucky sometimes LOL I'd rather it'd been me tho' LOLLOLLOL

Very nice!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:30am
Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

NOT for the faint hearted! LOL... I never had the guts to go hard (thankfully), so it's a bit of fun really, and I expect I will be in front at some point ... and then, who knows ... Tongue

In a way I’m glad it went down 85% from the peak. Had it only gone down say 50% I probably would have sold but because my initial stake was at one point worth barely anything I didn’t bother.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:20pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:02pm
NOT for the faint hearted! LOL... I never had the guts to go hard (thankfully), so it's a bit of fun really, and I expect I will be in front at some point ... and then, who knows ... Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 9:52pm
Had to go down a bit after yesterday. Went wild!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>