Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

THE POSTAL VOTE/POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 158>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

How did I know it would be different? Dead

show me the christian lobby's ABN number and i might think different.

curious...is lyle catholic?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:02am
Founded1995
Registration no.40 075 120 517[1] (ABN)
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:05am

<table ="info vcard" style="font-size: 12.32px; border: 1px solid rgb162, 169, 177; border-spacing: 3px; : rgb248, 249, 250; color: black; margin: 0.5em 0px 0.5em 1em; padding: 0.2em; clear: right; line-height: 1.5em; font-family: sans-serif; width: 22em;"><t><tr><th scope="row" style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; padding-right: 0.6em;">Founded</th><td ="note" style="vertical-align: top;">1995</td></tr><tr><th scope="row" style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; padding-right: 0.6em;">Registration no.</th><td style="vertical-align: top;">40 075 120 517<sup id="cite_ref-ACCACL_1-0" ="reference" style="line-height: 1; unicode-bidi: isolate; white-space: nowrap; font-size: 9.856px;">[URL=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Christian_Lobby#cite_note-ACCACL-1][1][/URL] (ABN)</td></tr><tr><th scope="row" style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; padding-right: 0.6em;">Location</th><td ="label" style="vertical-align: top;"><div ="plainlist"><ul style="list-style: none none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: inherit;"><li style="margin-bottom: 0px;">Canberra, Australia</td></tr></t></table>

if they are operating and lobbying as a business....they go in the same basket as any other business. no dramas there. they shouldnt be lobbying full stop.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:07am
They should all be able to lobby

You confuse lobbying with bribery for political influence. Different issue
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:13am

They should all be able to lobby

You confuse lobbying with bribery for political influence. Different issue

I probably am.

But if the christian lobby are donating $ to politicians or parties for influence or favor, they are no different to any other business and should be critcised for undermining democracy. they could and should publically lobby without attempting to buy influence.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Do you any ability to comprehend simple English?

What on earth do other illnesses have to do with anything? We are talking about one particular disease which indisputably is nowhere near as crippling as it was 30 years ago. Do you actually dispute that? The fact that prognosis for other diseases has also improved is entirely irrelevant.

Do yourself a favour and put "HIV treatment and prognosis" into google. Take your hand off the toilet paper and read some actual facts. If proper medical speak is too much for you to handle (almost certain) just gonhere:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39872530

Your link is peddling a British drug company product and for your info:
Australians weren't allowed to give blood if they had even visited the UK. in the 1980's/90/s. Your views are total BS.
   Your obviously out of your depth on this subject ,    No consideration that your so called "cures" are infecting others who may then go untreated.
You don't consider that the immune suppressants themselves , reduce resistance to other infections, have side effects , so your "normal life" isn't quite so.
HIV /AIDS is still alive & well , especially among homosexual men.
I'm sure it isn't something you would impress your employer with.

E&E With respect, I would ask you not to communicate with me further.
I will pay you the same courtesy. We will be doing TBV a favour.

Interesting to me, that bit.
I lived in the UK 79 to 84 and even now they wont allow me to give blood.  And they ask for my bone marrow when I had a hip replacement, but when I mentioned about the blood and the reason, they wouldnt accept my bone marrow either. What is it I am still carrying all these years later ????
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:15am
E&E.. True to form.

Utterly clueless.   

You didn't google anything clearly because nothing you say comes up. No one is claiming a cure spaz but it is manageable with treatment. That's fact. End of story. Now back to wiping bottoms for you, hopefully you're still able to wipe your own.
QUOTE.
As Stated .   You are out of your Depth.   and as you stated I've had experience dealing with R'Soles, so your not something new to me . ,

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:20am

E&E.. True to form.

Utterly clueless.   

You didn't google anything clearly because nothing you say comes up. No one is claiming a cure spaz but it is manageable with treatment. That's fact. End of story. Now back to wiping bottoms for you, hopefully you're still able to wipe your own.
QUOTE.
As Stated .   You are out of your Depth.   and as you stated I've had experience dealing with R'Soles, so your not something new to me . ,

Didn't think you were going to reply any more? What a surprise.

Just tell us what the life expectancy for a newly infected 20 year old is now compared to what it was 30 years ago. Answer that one question and we'll see who is out of their depth. Totally embarrassing stuff.

Yes you are utterly clueless. That was confirmed when you tried to argue for an eternity that house prices rose by 15% PER MONTH in the 80s. Hilarious stuff.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:29am
The lobbyists with privileged access to Ministers cost a lot of money so Joe Blow doesn't get much lobbying on his behalf but BHP does.Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:36am
Acacia Alba:-     Your question re the UK and many other Countries in those earlier years . Still applies today in some areas.
There was several reasons other than their epidemic of HIV/AIDS .    Other diseases present there included "Mad Cow Disease".

I'm sure common sense tells you , diseases kept in remission by drug means , cannot be termed cured.
Improved management of many illnesses is good work , however with infectious victims of HIV/AIDS, the protection of others is still a top priority.    Even in places like California.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:55am

E&E.. True to form.

Utterly clueless.   

QUOTE.

Just tell us what the life expectancy for a newly infected 20 year old is now compared to what it was 30 years ago. Answer that one question and we'll see who is out of their depth. Totally embarrassing stuff.

Yes you are utterly clueless. That was confirmed when you tried to argue for an eternity that house prices rose by 15% PER MONTH in the 80s. Hilarious stuff.

The question re a 20 yr old with HIV.    Stupid to the extreme.
Medical intervention in many life threatening diseases can be held in remission in many cases.   Your 20 age group average lifespan is still reduced as some continue to full blown AIDS and pass away.
Good luck should you be affected / infected.
------
C/P = HIV/AIDS - deaths: 200 (2015 est.)       
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:02am

E&E.. True to form.

Utterly clueless.   

QUOTE.

Medical intervention in many life threatening diseases can be held in remission in many cases.   Your 20 age group average lifespan is still reduced as some continue to full blown AIDS and pass away.
------

No dumbo it's not stupid at all. It's a simple statistic to show how the life expectancy has dramatically improved (and to show how clueless you are).

So you're not going to bother to actually research the answer? No surprise but a good choice by you nonetheless.

Totally out of your depth old man. Just like you were in the house price discussion. Is there any topic that you pass yourself off as an expert on where you actually hold any level of up to date knowledge?

You keep making lame implications that I'm infected. Do you think it bothers me or something? Please continue as I find it hilarious. Call me a big fat fatty too if you like. You'll have similar results.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:11am

E&E.. True to form.

Utterly clueless.   

QUOTE.

------

No dumbo it's not stupid at all. It's a simple statistic to show how the life expectancy has dramatically improved (and to show how clueless you are).

So you're not going to bother to actually research the answer? No surprise but a good choice by you nonetheless.

Totally out of your depth old man. Just like you were in the house price discussion. Is there any topic that you pass yourself off as an expert on where you actually hold any level of up to date knowledge?

You keep making lame implications that I'm infected. Do you think it bothers me or something? Please continue as I find it hilarious. Call me a big fat fatty too if you like. You'll have similar results.

Please go away.
I mustn't forget House prices have gone backwards over the years.
Leave it at that.   I'll rely on my many years of training. I hope you get a better Triage Nurse than me when your time comes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:15am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:16am

E&E.. True to form.

Utterly clueless.   

QUOTE.

------

Please go away.
I mustn't forget House prices have gone backwards over the years.
Leave it at that.   I'll rely on my many years of training. I hope you get a better Triage Nurse than me when your time comes.

Why would I go away when you continue to reply with your out of depth nonsense?

Let me know if you ever do get around to growing a set and doing that simple google search. Until then I'll be happy to discard your opinion in the clueless pile where it belongs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:27am

Can you find a graph with the life expectancy trend from say the mid 80s to now? Poor old maccamax needs all the help he can get.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:28am

Can you find a graph with the life expectancy trend from say the mid 80s to now? Poor old maccamax needs all the help he can get.

For those on treatment of course.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:30am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:31am
Nice to see a madman who is deluded enough to accept HIV / AIDS is no longer a problem.
Go get a load , It's free.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:34am

Nice to see a madman who is deluded enough to accept HIV / AIDS is no longer a problem.
Go get a load , It's free.

Nice to see an imbecile who can't read still has the mental faculties (just) to post his clueless rantings on an internet message board.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:35am
Related image
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:39am

Related image

Come on PT, that can't be right! Maccamax keeps telling us people are dropping off the perch at a rate of knots!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:45am
No wonder so many avoid you.
I have tried to end communication with you.
Like your House Price absurdity you misinterpreted the facts stated.
I KNOW treatment has greatly reduced the death rate from HIV infection.
I also know you are misleading , by your inference that HIV today , with treatment isn't of further concern.
   Now please, end these opinions we have debated. ( 3rd request )     
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:50am
   C/P :-       2016 global HIV statistics

HIV continues to be a major global public health issue. In 2016, an estimated 36.7 million people were living with HIV (including 1.8 million children) – with a global HIV prevalence of 0.8% among adults. Around 30% of these same people do not know that they have the virus.3

Since the start of the epidemic, an estimated 78 million people have become infected with HIV and 35 million people have died of AIDS-related illnesses. In 2016, 1 million people died of AIDS-related illnesses.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:00pm
Nobody is suggesting it isn't a disease with significant numbers being infected and particularly in third world countries maxie

The proposition here is that in first world countries it is no longer an automatic death sentence due to advanced drug treatment, reflected in the increasing gap between those with it and those dying from it. California changed their law to reflect that(in part)
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm

Nobody is suggesting it isn't a disease with significant numbers being infected and particularly in third world countries maxie

The proposition here is that in first world countries it is no longer an automatic death sentence due to advanced drug treatment, reflected in the increasing gap between those with it and those dying from it. California changed their law to reflect that(in part)

What you say is true , I'm well aware.   
What California does I couldn't care . They still have it as a felony
if not disclosed.   
Immune suppressant drugs you are relying on are not a cure,   the infected will remain contagious and may have an otherwise increased life span. Some still develop full blown AIDS and die.
YES , better than 1980's 90's & 2003 spike . but not a good problem you should agree.
    You and I both rely on life saving medications too , but we aren't infectious.   HIV victims are.    Note , many are unaware they have it so good fortunes to them as the dice roll. and their families who don't know what's coming.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:30pm

What you say is true , I'm well aware.   
What California does I couldn't care . They still have it as a felony
if not disclosed.   
Immune suppressant drugs you are relying on are not a cure,   the infected will remain contagious and may have an otherwise increased life span. Some still develop full blown AIDS and die.
YES , better than 1980's 90's & 2003 spike . but not a good problem you should agree.
    You and I both rely on life saving medications too , but we aren't infectious.   HIV victims are.    Note , many are unaware they have it so good fortunes to them as the dice roll. and their families who don't know what's coming.

This will do me!
PT posts EXACTLY the same thing as I originally posted and all of a sudden you agree! You couldn't script this stuff!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:32pm

No wonder so many avoid you.
I have tried to end communication with you.
Like your House Price absurdity you misinterpreted the facts stated.
I KNOW treatment has greatly reduced the death rate from HIV infection.
I also know you are misleading , by your inference that HIV today , with treatment isn't of further concern.
   Now please, end these opinions we have debated. ( 3rd request )     

You do realise that all you have to do to avoid someone on here is NOT reply? Not a difficult task I would have though. For you it might be.

No. There was no misinterpreting your housing prices claim. You said on many occasions that Sydney prices rose by 15% per month for a period in the 80s. The hilarity of the utter cluelessness was only outdone by your continual refusal to admit you had no idea what you were talking about. An all time classic to be sure!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:04pm
Qualifying Under the SSA's HIV Impairment Listing

An HIV-positive claimant will be found automatically disabled under the SSA's HIV disability listing if his or her condition meets the criteria (in all but one case, the patient doesn't need to prove he or she has functional limitations). The SSA updated its HIV listing substantially in 2017, and it's now listed under section 14.11, not 14.08. Here is what's required.

Medical Evidence Required to Show HIV Infection
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:31pm
fiddlesticks E&E, give it up. It's embarrassing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 158>