Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

THE POSTAL VOTE/POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 158>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:22am
Judge Holden... Hi ....   There is a small detail not mentioned in that article .
   In 2004 The LNP changed the Marriage Act. to:-

Gay couples will be banned from marrying or adopting children from overseas but will be allowed to inherit their partner's superannuation under proposed changes to marriage laws announced today.

Less than an hour after Prime Minister John Howard announced the changes to the Marriage Act, the government rushed legislation enabling the changes into parliament.

Mr Howard said the Marriage Act would be changed to include a definition of marriage as the `voluntarily entered-into union of a man and a woman to exclusion of all others'.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:36am
Yep, changed the marriage act. And he didn't even need a plebiscite
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:42am
Not even a postal survey or an election mandate? Shocked
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:49am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

There will be some nasties between now and the finish of this.
I see the YES lobby forming groups to push their agenda.
----
Frightening =
Hate Tribunals Are Coming

In Canada, it is considered discriminatory to say that marriage is between a man and a woman or that every child should know and be raised by his or her biological married parents. It is not just politically incorrect in Canada to say so; you can be saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees, fined, and forced to take sensitivity training.

Anyone who is offended by something you have said or written can make a complaint to the Human Rights Commissions and Tribunals. In Canada, these organizations police speech, penalizing citizens for any expression deemed in opposition to particular sexual behaviors or protected groups identified under “sexual orientation.” It takes only one complaint against a person to be brought before the tribunal, costing the defendant tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees. The commissions have the power to enter private residences and remove all items pertinent to their investigations, checking for hate speech.

The plaintiff making the complaint has his legal fees completely paid for by the government. Not so the defendant.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

There will be some nasties between now and the finish of this.
I see the YES lobby forming groups to push their agenda.
----
Frightening =
Hate Tribunals Are Coming

In Canada, it is considered discriminatory to say that marriage is between a man and a woman or that every child should know and be raised by his or her biological married parents. It is not just politically incorrect in Canada to say so; you can be saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees, fined, and forced to take sensitivity training.

Anyone who is offended by something you have said or written can make a complaint to the Human Rights Commissions and Tribunals. In Canada, these organizations police speech, penalizing citizens for any expression deemed in opposition to particular sexual behaviors or protected groups identified under “sexual orientation.” It takes only one complaint against a person to be brought before the tribunal, costing the defendant tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees. The commissions have the power to enter private residences and remove all items pertinent to their investigations, checking for hate speech.

The plaintiff making the complaint has his legal fees completely paid for by the government. Not so the defendant.

Says who? You're an authority on Canada now?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:28am
OHHH   CHIT Tiaz...   I'm an authority on everything.     (My son married a Canadian Lady by the way but she isn't my source )

I will teach you how to do research ...      Just go into Google and type +=     How are the deviates travelling after 10 years of pushing chit up hill .
   What I posted was a copy and paste from that .
Your not one of those are you mate?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:46am

DR> E that was a top post
----------
Some should ask themselves a question , try to be impartial.

Would you allow a known homosexual to mind your children .?

pity you cannot comprehend it, your homophobia is a bit of a disease.

He wrote this  : Most Gays and Lesbians are perfectly normal, watch the footy, love a punt, a drink and a laugh, and don't give a gelati about SSM or climate change, or Invasion Day or a Republic ... they just want cheap electricity and affordable housing.

and the answer to your question, yes I would, after conducting the same checks as I would for everyone. I would have more problem allowing a male to look after my children, dirty baxtards a lot of them
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:57am
TBV comes into its own with threads like this ! Some of the characters on here are priceless. And some not so much LOLLOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:01am

OHHH   CHIT Tiaz...   I'm an authority on everything.     (My son married a Canadian Lady by the way but she isn't my source )

I will teach you how to do research ...      Just go into Google and type +=     How are the deviates travelling after 10 years of pushing chit up hill .

I google the subject and nothing but crackpot sites comes up- nothing even remotely close to a reputable source, thus my scepticism.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:20am
Macca my cousin is gay and has looked after his brothers three kids since they were born. You really need to drop the homophobic deviate bs simply because someone else 's preference deviates from your own. We're not back in the dark ages anymore at your pathetic institution that incarcerated and "treated" gays. Gays are not pedos and should never be grouped as such. That's a simplistic, idiotic Putin concept.  

My experience tells me most gay people couldn't give a fig about marriage. My sister in London has an older gay couple as neighbours ( 30 years together ). They both say they'd never get married even if the law changed. They are in each others wills already and are protected financially by those arrangements. Yes they'll have to pay inheritance tax unlike hetero married couples but so do the thousands of English folk who've married foreigners ( if they don't gain citizenship ).

I agree with the civil union concept.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:24am
I've spent a lot of time analysing the 31 pages of data on this topic. I have utilised the latest hi-tech statistical tools. As part of the process I was advised to give a double weighting to the extreme positions on both sides. That is the tail ends of the normal distribution bell curve for those non-mathematical types. In every instance I was able to cancel opinions out.....PT vs Dr E.......Whale vs Macca....The Judge vs Cabo...& so on &  so on. The final assessment gives the result to ;
The "Yes" vote by a margin of 1 (Tiger got it over the line)

Refer ALP Election Promises
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:38am
Not bad at all, oneone
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:39am

It was the will of the people, and even the ALP supported it (they were not just the party of dissent back then) ... Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:42am
I caught a bit of a news grab, the Yes vote has declined by 6%, didn't hear the details, timeline etc
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I've spent a lot of time analysing the 31 pages of data on this topic. I have utilised the latest hi-tech statistical tools. As part of the process I was advised to give a double weighting to the extreme positions on both sides. That is the tail ends of the normal distribution bell curve for those non-mathematical types. In every instance I was able to cancel opinions out.....PT vs Dr E.......Whale vs Macca....The Judge vs Cabo...& so on &  so on. The final assessment gives the result to ;
The "Yes" vote by a margin of 1 (Tiger got it over the line)

TIGER is confused.

... apart from being infatuated with Matthew Richardson (and there's nothing wrong with that!), he thought this was the AFL thread and YES was a vote for Richmond to win the fag, I mean flag!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Macca my cousin is gay and has looked after his brothers three kids since they were born. You really need to drop the homophobic deviate bs simply because someone else 's preference deviates from your own. We're not back in the dark ages anymore at your pathetic institution that incarcerated and "treated" gays. Gays are not pedos and should never be grouped as such. That's a simplistic, idiotic Putin concept.  

My experience tells me most gay people couldn't give a fig about marriage. My sister in London has an older gay couple as neighbours ( 30 years together ). They both say they'd never get married even if the law changed. They are in each others wills already and are protected financially by those arrangements. Yes they'll have to pay inheritance tax unlike hetero married couples but so do the thousands of English folk who've married foreigners ( if they don't gain citizenship ).

good post, just shows what can be done when you lose your obsession with certain people Smile

further to that, I know a gay couple living near me, have been together 40 years, I would have no problem with them looking after my kids
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I caught a bit of a news grab, the Yes vote has declined by 6%, didn't hear the details, timeline etc

I wouldn't read too much into that ... interesting that people don't like to disclose the fact that they are against the PC opinion, even when it is an anonymous poll ... go figure?

Also, there will be some "buyer's regret" after all the bullying.

"Yes" will remain strong favourite ... still might convince me ...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:57am

DR> E that was a top post
----------
Some should ask themselves a question , try to be impartial.

Would you allow a known homosexual to mind your children .?

pity you cannot comprehend it, your homophobia is a bit of a disease.

He wrote this  : Most Gays and Lesbians are perfectly normal, watch the footy, love a punt, a drink and a laugh, and don't give a gelati about SSM or climate change, or Invasion Day or a Republic ... they just want cheap electricity and affordable housing.

and the answer to your question, yes I would, after conducting the same checks as I would for everyone. I would have more problem allowing a male to look after my children, dirty baxtards a lot of them

As would I WhaleThumbs Up 

... my concern, and I really find it confusing, is that the Gays and Lesbians have allowed themselves to be thrown into the mix with all of the other 247 Heinz Varieties of sickos, and allowed them to hijack the agenda, and give them a bad name in the process!Confused

The greatest lie is the way that the extremists of the left immediately brand anyone who is even considering voting NO as "homophobic"...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:59am

Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

good post, just shows what can be done when you lose your obsession with certain people Smile

further to that, I know a gay couple living near me, have been together 40 years, I would have no problem with them looking after my kids

Ditto and Ditto!Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I google the subject and nothing but crackpot sites comes up- nothing even remotely close to a reputable source, thus my scepticism.

Just because the left wing biased media does not report on it doesn't mean it isn't so Tlaz ...blinkers off!

There is substantial reporting of "buyers's remorse" in Canada over the subject of SSM, primarily around the stuff they are teaching kids ... homophobia is on the rise, which is unfair, because as usual it is the divisive extremist Marxist freaks who are pushing the agenda's, not the normal everyday Gays and Lesbians.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:07am
Good to see the opinions rolling out.
In the main people are being realistic without "bile".
I get amused by some reasoning = eg     Gays like men , not boys. ???
Someone forgot to tell the Priests & others .      . Plus there is only 1 second difference from a homosexual and a paedophile.( as the victim approaches the age of consent )
I repeat the line = All same sex interaction is Abnormal. NOTHING will change that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:30am
just shows what can be done when you lose your obsession with certain people
You're the one that has to drag yourself and your inner thoughts into everyone else's opinions Whale.  

Macca laugh all you want but you only look out of touch and idiotic in the process. If same sex interaction is abnormal then why do you communicate with other males at all? That's a childish and ignorant argument sir. There's a massive difference between homosexuals and pedos. If you ever bother to look up the Oxford definition for both then you might learn something. For beginners one group does not confine their activities to one sex, just one age group. The other group is attracted to same sex only and consenting adult relationships. Really immature and thoughtless response for a man of your experience IMO.

As for same sex activity being abnormal then why is it behaviour that's evident across many species in the animal kingdom? It's not something confined to Human Beings mate. It might not be for you and me but that doesn't make it abnormal. Not our cup of tea perhaps but let's leave the draconian language behind.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:33am
Shame on you Whale sharing your thoughts on an opinion forum Ermm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:44am
Shame on you for being you yet again. Try reading what's actually said conman.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:45am
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:23pm
I read that Canada stopped keeping divorce rate stats from 2008. How very queer, if true.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:35pm

This guy is not gay Macca
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/police-man-raped-girl-250-times-over-5-years/ar-AArvU1Q?li=AAgfYrC

He is a deviate , he is Abnormal ,    As are Homosexuals
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:40pm

[QUOTE=Whale] This guy is not gay Macca
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/police-man-raped-girl-250-times-over-5-years/ar-AArvU1Q?li=AAgfYrC

He is a deviate , he is Abnormal ,    As are Homosexuals[/QUOTE

Wouldn't we all like to be normal, like maccamax.Shocked
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:44pm
When the new laws come in, criticizing gay marriage will become a "hate crime", and people like macca will be sentenced to supervised sessions of compulsory slide slows of gay couples kissing, cuddling, and fondling. Repeat offenders will be made to watch more explicit scenes that make them go " Ewwww...."
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

When the new laws come in, criticizing gay marriage will become a "hate crime", and people like macca will be sentenced to supervised sessions of compulsory slide slows of gay couples kissing, cuddling, and fondling. Repeat offenders will be made to watch more explicit scenes that make them go " Ewwww...."

Huge fines in Canada if you say boo about same sex bonkers.
Freedom of speech is gone over there .   England just had a man gaoled for 12 months for writing ( we need to kill all Muslims )
Ok for Muslims to preach their intentions.

Gold when some say , "I know a gay couple ".   That doesn't make them Normal.      OR    Other Animals do it. Good for them.
   Most objections are all about re defining Marriage.    If they want to bonk a hole in a wall = go for it,    but leave traditional Marriage alone.
Deviates are deviates whatever their choice of abnormal sexual behaviour is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 158>