Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

THE POSTAL VOTE/POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 158>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:50pm
It must be a burden for you though, being amongst the wisest and most accurate contributors in here ... just as you are in the tipping forum!Thumbs Up

Seriously though, I have learned more in this forum on a wide variety of subjects (from a wide variety of characters) than I ever would have by following mainstream media ... and I often get tipped into a winner to boot!Big smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I've said it before, it's therapy for my affliction ... Keeps me off the punt!Thumbs Up 

I blame it for curing my addiction too Doc.

Keeps me off the nest.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:52pm
That's why the eggs never hatch.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:01am

That's why the eggs never hatch.

Off target but noted Tziporah Atarah got fined $1500 and suspended licence for 27 months. In court today for refusing the breathaliser.
The former Kate Fischer of Packer fame,     away with the fairies and broke , after losing 2 million in some scam overseas.
Is about 150 Kilos
Been living in women's refuges and exists on $100 a week.

Needs help for sure ----      I wonder if James will put the hand in the trousers.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:41am
She is just the classic example of the spoilt child as far as I can see.

Mum and Dad are both loaded macca, and Jamie gives all his ex's overs ... I wouldn't be too concerned for her ... she's just a needy attention seeker.

How do you help people like that? ... start by being honest I say!Thumbs Up

When she asks "does this dress make my ass look fat?"Confused

don't pander to her ego, the answer should always be honest and pragmatic, but delivered in a caring way, such as; 

"No love, that dress isn't what makes your ass look fat! ... it's all the cakes and biscuits you scoff down with soft drinks, whilst you're sitting in bed waiting for the pizza delivery man to come ... THAT'S what makes your ass look fat!!!"Big smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:53am

The sanity test doc .     15 seconds to answer .

Your driving a bus =    1st stop 17 get on .
2nd stop 4 get off 11 get on
3rd stop 8 get on    11 get off
4th stop 7 get off -- 3 get on
Questions : How many people are now on the Bus and how old is the driver.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:16am
Confused ... I'll have myself admitted on Monday ... not sure who'll be driving the bus though? ... might have to call an Uber.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:33am
Um thank you for the praise Dr E ( I think)! I look at this differently to most mainly because I have family members who have worked in Child Welfare. Like most of the good ones though they didn't last that long unfortunately. Too heartbreaking and frustrating. I do know that the vast majority of abused children are victims of family members and that this subject seems to be the last taboo subject in our society. Too horrible to think about I suppose. The problem in trying to help abused children is in getting them to talk about the abuse. Their abuser is a family member who they love. Theyre not going to dob Daddy in to the Cops or teacher or doctor. If they were Catholic would they talk to a priest in the sanctity of the confessional? Maybe they would knowing it can't go any further and officialdom won't get involved. I'm not 100 per cent sure about how I feel about the proposed changes to the sanctity of the confessional.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:45am

I've said it before, it's therapy for my affliction ... Keeps me off the punt!Thumbs Up 

yes it helps with your insomnia and you can express your demented, angry self on a forum without getting your face punched

I would have thought counting your money and litecoin gains would keep you busty but I guess after 10 hours each day even you get tired of it. I am very impressed though, with the other man of "status " too, oneone Confused

Image result for rubbing hands greedily

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:46am
Apparently the Salvos got a very bad report card from the RC, but naturally that doesn't fit the church villainy narrative all that well, so let's not talk about that !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:48am
They should have I knew 2 kids molested by Salvos at their ''summer camps''
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

WOW , you are a wild storm Tonight Doc.

I hope your not affected by that pin the tail thing.

I watch cricket to help the nerves ,   Puts me to sleep real quick.

permanently would be good
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:59am
Just cannot help yourself.

#sadlittleman
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Just cannot help yourself.

#sadlittleman

Just giving you ammunition, I know you monitor my posts

Wink
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Went to a Catholic school and there were some mutterings about weird behaviour though I never personally saw anything. Couple of the priests have since  been caught.

Was at a reunion last night with guys I hadn't seen in years, and some stories came out- some realised only later they were being groomed. One example- a 14 year old boy hauled into the headmaster's (a priest's) office- the disciplinary dressing down suddenly turned into "anyway, I'm going to have a Sherry. Would you like one?"Confused

Umm, no thank you, Father...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:07am

It seems the "righteous " commit more of this stuff than anyone else, under their cloak of goodness, more opportunity, less suspicion, at least in the past
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:31am
Monitor is not the correct terminology. "Despair" is closer to the mark.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:34am
The righteous is again the wrong terminology. You'll get something correct one day. It's the powerful that have the upper hand in abuse.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:36am

The righteous is again the wrong terminology. You'll get something correct one day. It's the powerful that have the upper hand in abuse.

I have my own troll, PT will be upset, he thought you were his troll Smile
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

whale you could go to gaol for a quip like that.
not a bad idea....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:53am
Neither of you are worthy of trolling. Thumbs Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:58am

Neither of you are worthy of trolling. Thumbs Down

And yet... here you are

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:00am

The sanity test doc .     15 seconds to answer .

Your driving a bus =    1st stop 17 get on .
2nd stop 4 get off 11 get on
3rd stop 8 get on    11 get off
4th stop 7 get off -- 3 get on
Questions : How many people are now on the Bus and how old is the driver.

I failed badly .....

the answers of course are :- 18 on the bus , including yourself
          AND the bus driver is You so you should know the age .
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:05am

Scouts, boarding schools, state-run "homes", etc, all with the common thread of people given authority over children, using it for wrong-doing. And in plentiful cases, children in foster situations. If people in these situations were required to pass psychological tests, then either the tests don't work, or were not applied.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Went to a Catholic school and there were some mutterings about weird behaviour though I never personally saw anything. Couple of the priests have since  been caught.

Was at a reunion last night with guys I hadn't seen in years, and some stories came out- some realised only later they were being groomed. One example- a 14 year old boy hauled into the headmaster's (a priest's) office- the disciplinary dressing down suddenly turned into "anyway, I'm going to have a Sherry. Would you like one?"Confused

Umm, no thank you, Father...

You never heard of any of them at the time they happened. My next door neighbors growing up sent their 3 boys to Woodlawn College(Lismore Marist Bros) in the 70's one of the top 3 named offence sites. Never knew at the time but 3 good kids all brought up the same but one goes off his head and starts behaving badly gets into drugs and petty crime. One time he was arrested for criminal damage to the grounds at his old school. The signs were there, but nobody connected till he hung himself and left a letter outlining what happened to him there This was in the 1980's when nobody spoke out
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:01pm
And yet... here you are
Sadly you conflate any opposition to your risible dribble as trolling. That's your particular sin not mine. Own it. The above proves my point. Simple troll for a response. Well you got it!
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:16pm
That's an all too common story tragically PT. . That's why we as a society have to do everything we can to reach the children being abused and get them to talk about it and hopefully stop it. Otherwise we end up with badly damaged teenagers/ adults who , as many studies have shown , are more likely than the average to go on to be abusers themselves. The great unspoken vicious cycle. I can see the confessional for a Catholic child as a good tool for doing this , if you concede that not all Catholic priest are child abusers and can in their pastoral role actually do some good.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

whale you could go to gaol for a quip like that.
not a bad idea....

Isaac.       >   you wouldn't wish that on the other inmates.

Just magnifies the real make up of the couple of sicko's who frequent TBV..

They brag of their active , successful lives , while they choose an area frequented by many unfortunates, to convince their ego's of their competitive skills.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:34pm

Isaac.       >   you wouldn't wish that on the other inmates.

Just magnifies the real make up of the couple of sicko's who frequent TBV..

They brag of their active , successful lives , while they choose an area frequented by many unfortunates, to convince their ego's of their competitive skills. [/QUOTE]

who are you talking about, not me as I have never said that

Two who come to mind are Dr E and oneonesit

But continue to twist the facts in your porridge mind dotard
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:42pm
dotard
ˈdəʊtəd/
noun
noun: dotard; plural noun: dotards

an old person, especially one who has become weak or senile.
--------------------------------------

Proving my point ...   ( sick )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 158>