Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

THE POSTAL VOTE/POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:56pm
Religious beliefs are protected under the US Constitution ( law of the land ) Tlaz.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:09pm
First Amendment vs Fourteenth Amendment issue. 

Religious Freedom vs Equal protection and Due Process clauses
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:12pm
There was also a freedom of speech component involved in the case
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:15pm
I am talking generally what the bigger issue is. First vs Fourteenth

That decision was a narrower ruling
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:23pm
There are probably religions in Amerika advocating slavery, pedophilia, lynching, burning witches, exterminating Jews etc with people in them sincerely holding those beliefs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 12:38pm
They might be called cults or the KKK.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:06pm
Narrow loss CNNPT? - don't blame the refs, you might cop a $10k fine!!!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm
Sometimes you just have to admit that your team just wasn't good enough, and was never in the game!!!Thumbs Down
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:32pm
Speaking of narrow losses, please tell me it's fake news that Etihad had choose-ur-own-gender toilets at their Pride Game.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:42pm
And you could be gender fluid each time you went ....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:29pm
It is six months now that same sex couples have been getting married.

Have we identified any major rips in the fabric of society yet, or is it still too early to tell? 

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:19pm
Too early
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:51am
CNNPT repeating verbatim what Waleed Aly said on air tonight.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 2:22am
Waleed Ali is STILL on TV?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:41am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

CNNPT repeating verbatim what Waleed Aly said on air tonight.

Verbatim what I posted 3 months agoEmbarrassed, and I may post it again in 3 more months. Do you think Waleed is reading my posts? Smile Maybe I will get a gold Logie?Clap

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:20am
3 months is a long time frame for you PT. I think I said give it a year or two. It's not called a long march for nothing. Ask roz kelly and gary dowsett.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:26am
I like to keep on top of it stayer. These things tend to sneak up on you. Leave it a year and it could be all over.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:13am
Well keep on repeating on and you can end up like an episode of M.A.S.H

Fortunately for those involved it that war an end is finally in sight. This battle has a long way to play.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
The Family law Courts will be the first to suffer.
That place where Lawyers ply their obscene trade for personal gain.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I like to keep on top of it stayer. These things tend to sneak up on you. Leave it a year and it could be all over.

Yes stayer, BEWARE!!! ... you might turn up for school one day and find that you are out of uniform, by not wearing a frock and pig tails!

... of course, that could only happen under a Greens/ALP Collusion State Government as part of the "unSafe Schools Grooming Program", or if Bull Schitten was voted in and then it would be made compulsory on a National level ... it's policy!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 1:54am
Oooops!Embarrassed ... and another one bites the dust!Big smile

Supreme Court throws out ruling for florist who refused to serve same-sex couple

A lower court in Washington will review a decision it made declaring a florist discriminated against a same-sex couple

The US Supreme Court has said it will not review a case involving a florist who allegedly discriminated against a same-sex couple - ordering a lower Washington court revisit the case.

The state’s Supreme Court previously ruled Arlene’s Flowers Inc. had discriminated against the couple by refusing to create floral arrangements for their wedding. But the justices threw out that decision, sending the case back to be redetermined after their historic ruling earlier this month in a similar case involving a Colorado bakery. 

That case, Masterpiece Cake Shop vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, involved a baker who allegedly discriminated against another same-sex couple by refusing to produce a cake for their wedding. The Supreme Court ruled narrowly in the baker’s favour after he appealed the lower court’s decision that it was discrimination, writing that the state’s civil rights commission showed hostility towards his sincerely held religious beliefs. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/supreme-court-florist-case-gay-same-sex-wedding-colorado-bakery-cake-ruling-a8416251.html

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:36pm
I reckon it's time to pull this old issue out of the closet. What's it been, nearly a year?
https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/blind-date-julia-morris-51297
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:43pm
I thought you could refuse to serve anyone you didn't want to in a retail shop.    You own the goods and my family had mixed businesses. Quite a few were banned and on rare occasions were physically removed .
I've actually faced the Court ( and won ) over retrieving goods from a shoplifter. ( He collected our garbage actually )
Brave boys when they are robbing your store but straight to Police when they lose the war.
Nothing has changed in the attitude toward stealing and standing over the ladies behind counters.
I'm sure that law would still be in force.       
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:36am
I saw the baker who refused to do a cake for the SS couple has been exhonerated.
Good on him.
Who cares who does what in bed.  But if others dont want to endorse it ?  Their choice.  Its a free world,,,in spite of the PC brigade. 

animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm
You would be an idiot if you were in any kind of business and knocked back the patronage of the DINKS! ... but that should be their prerogative ... and you would be an idiot to demand a service from someone who doesnt want to provide it ... if was forced to make the cake, I would make it, but whilst my heart wouldn't be in it, some other "little surprise" might be!Sick... well fcuk them!Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:01pm
Meanwhile all the adulterers and divorcees are petitioning outside that gays are breaking Gods laws.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:04pm
Let them eat cake, I say.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Meanwhile all the adulterers and divorcees are petitioning outside that gays are breaking Gods laws.

Good point PT ...    One of your better ones .

I'd suggest the No 1 cause of Domestic violence and loss of life to the fairer sex.
       Much better being nice to Man's best friend.    Their LOVE is unconditional and they can't dial a root.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:56pm
Thanks maxie, I had to come good eventually.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158