Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

THE POSTAL VOTE/POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 158>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

macca, you and i and those who have taken notice, know that the SSM debate has been hijacked by the militant extremists of the left ... and now the the rest of the community is just starting to realise it.Stern Smile

They can now see evidence of that every night on the news (even on Channel 2!) and understand that a YES vote is a reward for arrogance, intolerance, bigotry, and hate speech against the majority of the population ... and accordingly many who were originally going with the flow, have had enough of the gelati from the freaks and geeks (and those who have sadly been brain washed) and are now simply arching up against the Marxists, and are at least undecided if not NO.Thumbs Down

What these unhinged out of touch ratbags forget is that the law is what it is, the onus is on THEM to make an argument to change the law, it is most certainly NOT a right.Cool

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:17pm
imagine the 🏳️‍🌈protest outside keysar trads mosque after he compared gay marriage to incest.

oops. not an enemy. he's our brother.....❤️

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:06pm
I frankly cannot see why two sisters, or an uncle and his nephew, or a mother and her daughter cannot marry. What's the problem ? At least if they contrive to bring children into it, if one has a child, at least both parties will have a genetic stake in caring for the child. Which is an improvement on the SSM proposal. You have to vote NO.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:34pm
You can marry your first cousin in Australia now
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I frankly cannot see why two sisters, or an uncle and his nephew, or a mother and her daughter cannot marry. What's the problem ? At least if they contrive to bring children into it, if one has a child, at least both parties will have a genetic stake in caring for the child. Which is an improvement on the SSM proposal. You have to vote NO.

for one, neonatal birth units at hospitals might disagree.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:52pm
Apologies...i see they were same sex arrangements max.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Apologies...i see they were same sex arrangements max.

Bludy poison can be made pleasant tasting.

It is the damage it does when it's in place that is the worry.

The slippery slope.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You can marry your first cousin in Australia now

That's why there are so many Radical Islamic Terrorists PT ... degradation of the species caused by inter-family breeding produces more nuttersEmbarrassed ... it's compulsory within the Muslim faith, but it ain't SAME SEX MARRIAGE!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:54pm
The AFL is in TREMENDOUS trouble.
They are going to face a landmark legal case.
Staff within the AFL who oppose same sex marriage, under the Australian Government democratic system, have the lawful right to vote no, thus dont represent the Yes vote.
The AFL will face a huge class action case.

watch this space.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:50am
as Pauline would say.  please eggsplain ?
we all have the lawful right to vote no.
if we so choose.
why should AFL staff be any different ???
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:15am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

as Pauline would say.  please eggsplain ?
we all have the lawful right to vote no.
if we so choose.
why should AFL staff be any different ???

Welcome ohhh priceless one.

Like everywhere AA.    It appears a crime to vote NO. For normality.

The non acceptance of a civil union title to same sex living , should be enough to prove to us that "marriage" is the thin end of the wedge.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:22am
thanks Macca.
nice to know i was missed .
even this forum didnt want to know me when i got back, until Gay sorted it for me.
i just think if people are decent and respectful when they give a reason for their vote, whichever way it is, thats the end of it.  why should they cop endless c**p for that ???
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:40am
aa!Hug

Great to have you back ... I've never been more confident that the voice of reason will prevail Thumbs Up

and just in case you were wondering ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 8:57am
AA as always...simple truths.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:55pm
My voting form has arrived. I'm not sure if I'll participate or not.

As for the AFL getting involved what a pathetic piece of mismanagement that was. It seems the LGBQTIWTF lobby has finally broken through in their attempt to out a current AFL player. They haven't managed that yet but the next best thing has happened with the AFL lobbying on their behalf. Eddie Maguire has been spreading rumours for years but has never produced "the goods". Why do we need to out an AFL player or any sportsman?

Is this all about making minorities feel better about themselves and their marginal behaviour? Is that why we need a public vote rather than progressing straight to parliament passing the law? 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

My voting form has arrived. I'm not sure if I'll participate or not.

As for the AFL getting involved what a pathetic piece of mismanagement that was. It seems the LGBQTIWTF lobby has finally broken through in their attempt to out a current AFL player. They haven't managed that yet but the next best thing has happened with the AFL lobbying on their behalf. Eddie Maguire has been spreading rumours for years but has never produced "the goods". Why do we need to out an AFL player or any sportsman?

Is this all about making minorities feel better about themselves and their marginal behaviour? Is that why we need a public vote rather than progressing straight to parliament passing the law? 

Parliament has more deviates among them than the wider community.

That's a good reason.     Give some thought to the slippery slope.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:03pm
I had an overtly gay check-out bloke call me "darlin" twice as I put the groceries through this morning. I was not offended or perturbed in the least. Better than some surly b!tch trying to short-change you, like what happened previous visit. But, I'm still voting no !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:06pm

I had an overtly gay check-out bloke call me "darlin" twice as I put the groceries through this morning. I was not offended or perturbed in the least. Better than some surly b!tch trying to short-change you, like what happened previous visit. But, I'm still voting no !

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm

Stick with your vote --     Sweetheart.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:18pm
Gays can be very funny, creative, artistic, and generally add to the mix. But none of that says gay marriage is necessarily to be supported. I wonder if more than a noisy minority really want it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:25pm

Gays can be very funny, creative, artistic, and generally add to the mix. But none of that says gay marriage is necessarily to be supported. I wonder if more than a noisy minority really want it.

Crazy when you think about it.
Qld have introduced that 50% of Police recruits , have to be Women.

Now I ask you ???   why not 50% have to collect the garbage,   be Mechanics , Brick Layers , Labourers .

Why only Politicians , Police and Fn Lawyers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:30pm
I laughed when told about a policewoman who hoofed it when a gun was discharged in an armed robbery in my area. She was out of there, like Flo-Jo in an Olympic sprint. I really hope she found other employment. I once lived next door to a woman who tried to get in to the force, but was rejected on a psychology test. Seemed very conscientious to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Crazy when you think about it.
Qld have introduced that 50% of Police recruits , have to be Women.

Now I ask you ???   why not 50% have to collect the garbage,   be Mechanics , Brick Layers , Labourers .

Why only Politicians , Police and Fn Lawyers.

they want that 50% woman quota in other emergency services too. its political correctness on steroids. wait until they want a quota of gays. slippery slope.

did you hear about the worker who lost his job for saying he will vote yes?

neither did i....

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:38pm
Or a quota of muslims or hindus or transgenders or married goats........

This women's slippery slope was warned about when they gave them the vote. Next they will want equal pay. Can't even give them a clip any more.

Where will it stop? Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:42pm

This women's slippery slope was warned about when they gave them the vote. Next they will want equal pay. Can't even give them a clip any more.

You got it 👍

quotas are ridiculous. they serve a political purpose and thats it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:43pm
I was talking to a bloke last night about the policing standards of the early 80's, he was telling me about a cop he was friendly with, who had dozed off, on duty, while parked at the side of the highway, only to be awaken by the roar of a speeding car, well over the speed limit. So incensed by the interruption to his slumber, he roared off in pursuit of the speedster. Pulling him over, the miscreant enquired as to why he was stopped. "You were speeding mate, well over the limit" How much is the fine, the motorist asked. "how much money do you have on you" the cop asked. The bloke opened his wallet, and pulled out about $150. "That'll do" the cop told him, shoving the cash in his pocket. That was the end of the incident.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:46pm

Good points .     Proves the slippery slope theory.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Good points .     Proves the slippery slope theory.

Personally, I have no problem with women having the vote, and even equal pay seems fair ... after all, it IS legal for blokes to marry them!Big smile

Just so long as we learn from our mistakes though ... like the female Prime Minister experiment ... don't see that happening again!Dead
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 4:54pm
Chit ..   Your more positive than me Doc.

Only this morning I was telling a new Migrant ,   in answer to his question   "What is the deadliest Reptile in Australia "

I shouldn't elaborate , but I said "It wears a Skirt and Knickers, sometimes.
And 50% of them are Police."
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 4:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 158>