Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Shoals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:10am
Just highlights how stiff Booker was in the Oakleigh Plate.
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:07pm
Disappointing news that dual Group 1 winner SHOALS may not race again due to damage to a vein in her neck whilst receiving treatment after her last win the Surround Stakes. Upcoming races that were on the agenda the Arrowfield Sprint and the Robert Sangster Stakes appear to be unlikely now. She also won the Group 1 Myer Classic in the Spring.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:09pm
WTF......you gotta be kidding!!
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:12pm
Still heading to Adelaide for the Sangster if ready, otherwise the Goodwood two weeks later.  Then to the Golden Jubilee
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:20pm
From 'may never race again' to the Sangster and possibly Ascot in the space of a couple of months

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:29pm
No chance in either race
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:41pm
Well I buggered that up.
10 starts, 7 wins - 3 Group 1’s
See ya in Ascot
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:50pm
I think the 1200m at Ascot is ideal.

One of the most underrated fillies of modern times, and yes including myself in that group!

If I had a slot in the Everest I could do worse than seek her as my representative!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 7:04pm
What a filly. Absolute star!
Sunline...simply supreme
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 7:31pm
I just catch shoals or catchy despite b@cking the constantly   
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I just catch shoals or catchy despite b@cking the constantly   

Can't be backing Shoals too "constantly" given she's won 7 out of 10.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I just can't catch shoals or catchy despite backing the constantly   

Can't be backing Shoals too "constantly" given she's won 7 out of 10.

Well, despite my original poor typing it's pretty clear I said both horses
Ive managed to find shoals in her 3 loses & catchy in her 5 most recent losses.
They managed to win before or after I had those losses on them.
Hence I can't catch themConfused
There off! View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote There off! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:02am
I can not believe the price it got to yesterday????
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by There off! There off! wrote:

I can not believe the price it got to yesterday????

So True ..    Had to be at least a saver
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 8:09pm
Double figures. And Egg Tart once again backed off the map. We’re a strange bunch, us punters.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:33am
Looks like Munz and Messara have pulled the pin on Ascot.
Possibly backing up in the Goodwood.
Then will be spelled for a crack at the Everest.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:06pm
A wise move imo, why on earth you would take the risk , 13 mill. on your doorstep and a float trip up the h/way, next year would give her a more even chance with the plans in place more concrete.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:08pm
In this day and age there is virtually ZERO risk.

23 days.
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:41pm
Not everything in racing is push button my friend, although from a keyboard it may appear so, they have thought about it and changed tack, ...now I wonder what. brought that about.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

In this day and age there is virtually ZERO risk.

23 days.

Are you serious ?  Confused  The risks are endless.  Just because it doesnt happen often, that dont mean there is no risk !  Remember Bart taking his good horse over for the Japan Cup and it almost died from travel sickness ?  Just for starters . 
The list of things that can go wrong on long haul flights is as long as your arm.    Why bother for p**s poor prize money ?
animals before people.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:45pm
On the recommendation of trainer Anthony Freedman it’s been decided Shoals will head to the spelling paddock and won’t contest the Goodwood in Adelaide. @tabcomau to update market.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:55pm
Sounds like Messara and Munz have a Everest slot lined up.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:11pm
Her runs have been well spaced so it's likely she's not the most robust of fillies.  If that's the case, a 2-week back up into the Goodwood may have presented a challenge to Freedman, whilst a long arduous trip to GB might not have been in the filly's best interests.

So why not give her a good spell and target the Everest?
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:25pm
Question is, does she go to the Everest first up
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:24pm
Who knows, and is it really important?

1st Up: 4:3-0-0    2nd Up: 3:2-1-0
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 1:46am
Still $10 available. Doesn't have to settle that far back. Very good horse.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 11:16am
Loves this mare. Was one of a few narrow losses for me on the punt yesterday, but I took $18 Everest in the run and I think she can win it.
Sunline...simply supreme
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 12:10pm
I'm on as well Sunny at 17s well before her valley run , I'm a big fan , she is so genuine and acts on All conditions, a bet to nothing e/w imo.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 1:49pm
Think the stablemate might still beat her.  Just because I think the wind helped those coming out wide.  THat said she is such an honest little mare that you'd love to own her.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 3:13pm
furious I thought she had more improvement in her out of yesterday than the stablemate. He will no doubt be hard to beat.
Sunline...simply supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>