Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How dumb are these Greens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The govt opposed the motion to refer 4 Labor members because it risked having it's own numbers reduced and threatened by a by election, by agreeing to the deal of a job lot 

Bottom line Turnbull backed away from the earlier in the week outrage over 4 Labor members rather than risk his own job A bet he wasn't prepared to make

4 from Labor
4 from Libs
1 from NXT

Again.
None of this would have happened had Shorten agreed with Turnbull in august.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:39pm
Order. Order ! The Members for Summerland and Upper Callide will resume their seats !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:41pm
The govt can refer anyone it wants with it's majority.

Labor's advice then was that they had done enough so no need to self report under the system in place then. Greens and Labor then said they would come to the table if an audit office was set up to do it independently Turnbull refused saying the self report works well. Labor said they were on their own then

All that has changed is that Feeney revealed he had lied on his declaration, and that was only this week Labor was within it's rights to not volunteer under the previous system with Turnbull refusing to fix it properly, just to keep several coalitions members company in the HC so the govt wouldn't look so bad
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

umm, what was i sayin...

from ex gillard staffer:

https://www.themonthly.com.au/today/sean-kelly/2017/06/2017/1512539852/disgrace

In August, Shorten had declined Malcolm Turnbull’s invitation to refer his MPs, alongside Coalition MPs, to the High Court, telling the PM that Labor had the “strictest processes in place to ensure all candidates are compliant with the Constitution prior to their nomination for election”. Today, Labor was pushing for exactly such a joint referral.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:50pm
That is right and nothing changed except Feeney lied If the audit proposed after that was introduced Feeney would have been picked up then

Problem was any LNP house members also found risked the govt falling so Turnbull insisted, as SC pointed out on a system where he could refer Labor members but choose not to refer his own party

That is a corrupt political system. Sherten was right to reject it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:52pm
While Labor cant refer anyone it can sue individual coalition members under sec 46, something they may consider
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:56pm
Hey, PT........do they still say that prayer they used to do, when opening a session ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:07pm
Yes they do
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:14pm
I think they say the Lord's Prayer at the start of every day and have a full church service for the opening of each parliament
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:18pm
From memory when Di Natale took over the Greens leadership he proposed that the prayer be ceased to reflect the more diverse makeup of parliament these days, but dont remember it going anywhere
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:19pm

I think they say the Lord's Prayer at the start of every day and have a full church service for the opening of each parliament

you have got to be joking, what sort of stupid relic from an ignorant age is that Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

you have got to be joking, what sort of stupid relic from an ignorant age is that Embarrassed

I know, it does seem out of step with our secular society. 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:36pm
the lords prayer is the only truth said in the joint.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:38pm
Maybe we should introduce it here so you can have one truth for the day
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:41pm

Yes they do

OK, I seem to recall something along the lines of, "almighty God, we humbly beseech you to vouchsafe your blessing upon this house" etc. That is the only one I can recall hearing.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:17am
The President, on taking the chair each day, shall read the following prayer:

Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouchsafe Thy special blessing upon this Parliament, and that Thou wouldst be pleased to direct and prosper the work of Thy servants to the advancement of Thy glory, and to the true welfare of the people of Australia.

Our Father, which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

The President shall then make an acknowledgement of country in the following terms:

I acknowledge the Ngunnawal and Ngambri peoples who are the traditional custodians of the Canberra area and pay respect to the elders, past and present, of all Australia's Indigenous peoples.

From Chapter 8 of the Standing Orders of the Australian Senate.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:39am

We forget Shorten is the real Prime Minister, dont we?

6 months on and this is still a gigantic mess and growing, and all because Turnbull refused to fix it in case he lost govt through multiple Lib members needing to go to by elections

Shame we dont have a PM or govt capable of actually leading. Tones was right about Turnbull, all about ruling, not governing.

Don't get into a flap about it, Bullgelati Bill will never be PM ... not in this country.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:54am

How come with most Independents who had a former party, that party was either Liberal or National?

Because the ALP is devoid of anyone who can think independently?

Because the ALP is full of treasonous parasitic lying extortionists who cant afford the pay cut if they were independent MP's?

Because the ALP has nobody with the guts to stand up the the CFMEU and GetUP and say or do what their conscience says they should?

Need we go on?

What's your "slant" on it PT? ...  see what i did there?Big smile ... just think Subservient Shanghai Sam in a "coolie" hat with that maniacal smile, kneeling at the foot of his handler  Huang Xiangmo, uncontrollably nodding approval of Chinese Border Security Policy ... funny, eh!LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:18am

Feeney lied and is going to pay the price with his parliamentary career He will be sacked

What career? ... just another "faceless" sycophant!Dead

Nobody even knew who he was until the last time he breached the rules and hid a $2 million asset from the disclosure register!Embarrassed

So he loses his job. That's always a shame for a CAREER ALP PARASITE, and he only profited to the extent of several million dollars worth of investment properties (that he forgot about), oh, and a parliamentary pension you couldn't jump over ... at least he gave us Bullgelati Bill ... where the fcuk does the ALP find these lying, unemployable, blood sucking, nuff nuff, oxygen thieves??? Angry

... speaking of which, Bullgelati Bill lied, Shanghai Sam lied, Tanya Plebescite lied, etc, etc ... when will they all be sacked PT? Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:54am
I heard one of the no-name Coalition backbenchers start off by saying, "I do not wish to delay the passage of this bill any longer." Thank Christ for that I thought. He'll sit down and shut up. But no- he then blathered on for his full allotted 15 minutes.Clap
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:56am
Oh, that should be in ssm.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

<span style="color: rgb111, 111, 111; font-family: ' Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 24px;">The President, on taking the chair each day, shall read the following prayer:</span><blockquote style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0.6rem 1.33333rem 0px 1.26667rem; border: 0px; line-height: 24px; color: rgb111, 111, 111; font-family: ' Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"><p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouchsafe Thy special blessing upon this Parliament, and that Thou wouldst be pleased to direct and prosper the work of Thy servants to the advancement of Thy glory, and to the true welfare of the people of Australia.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">Our Father, which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: ' Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 24px; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility; color: rgb111, 111, 111;">The President shall then make an acknowledgement of country in the following terms:

<blockquote style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0.6rem 1.33333rem 0px 1.26667rem; border: 0px; line-height: 24px; color: rgb111, 111, 111; font-family: ' Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"><p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">I acknowledge the Ngunnawal and Ngambri peoples who are the traditional custodians of the Canberra area and pay respect to the elders, past and present, of all Australia's Indigenous peoples.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">From Chapter 8 of the Standing Orders of the Australian Senate.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.33333rem; padding: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">

Thanks Tonto, I thought they may have abandoned the prayers under protest from atheists, such are the times.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:21am
do the greens have a foreign policy?
what is their stance on china?

when i read that keating is an adviser for a chinese bank i want to know more about just where allegiances are lying (lol)

is it acceptable that australia has become a suburb of china?

i know it will be said that australia is friendly with america but i dont feel as overwhelmed by them as i do with china.

i feel as though those who prefer chinas company are in it for financial gain and power tripping.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:23am
你好 Isaac Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I heard one of the no-name Coalition backbenchers start off by saying, "I do not wish to delay the passage of this bill any longer." Thank Christ for that I thought. He'll sit down and shut up. But no- he then blathered on for his full allotted 15 minutes.Clap

Classic ! If this stuff was piped in jail cells, it would probably address the problem of recidivism.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:23pm

你好 Isaac Smile

how intelligent mr dastyari...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:28pm
LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:14pm
Liberal Jason Falinski. one of the 4 Labor wanted to refer but Turnbull refused it seems has taken the Senator Tinfoil approach. If you truly believe you are an Australian citizen only, then you are, or in his case if you truly believe you are a bastard and therefore your father's citizenship doesn't make you a Polish citizen, then you are a bastard. Probably what attracted him to the Liberal Party(natural fit) But it seems that, like Sen Foil his documentation might say otherwise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:18pm
This hits home to what I said before about Coalition moves regarding referral.

They want the authority to refer anyone whatsoever from the Greens,Independents, Labor or whoever but reserve the right NOT to refer their own.

Can't see why some around here either don't understand or choose to ignore this clear case of double standards.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 10:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>